Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Nick Diaz is one of the very best fighters to watch in the history of MMA, IMO. Whatever you think of his personality, you have to admit the guy is must-see TV for MMA. I mean I can't remember the last Nick Diaz fight I wasn't on the edge of my seat for. His fight against Sherk?

Was it Shamrock who called him Ironman last night? It's perfect, it's crazy. Here's this skinny, unassuming guy, who can take flush shots all fight long without skipping a beat. Imagine throttling someone so much and he still asks you to "come on *****." What the ****?

I've actually read people say Nick is fake. Really? Sure doesn't seem that way. Sure seems like he fights with pretty much the most badass style in the sport. Take huge shots, don't feel pain, never get tired, break the guy's will, hit him 1,500 times, then wrap him up like a bow.

I like Diaz but he is'nt fighting top caliber UFC guys. He would get worked by GSP and a few other 170lb pounders like Fitch,Alves etc.

I'd like to see him and BJ fight I think that could be a hellva fight but i'll take baby J.

i think he loses to Paul Daley to be honest

Daley has no ground game, but Diaz's wrestling isn't that great and i just dont see him lasting long on the feet against Semtex

i think he loses to Paul Daley to be honest

Daley has no ground game, but Diaz's wrestling isn't that great and i just dont see him lasting long on the feet against Semtex

Nick thinks he is a professional boxer lol so he will probably try to bang with Daley. We will see how good his chin is if he eats a left hook.

The thing is, the way Nick Diaz fights, is entertaining, but probably a little to his own dis-service. He is willing to put himself into harm's way in order to make the fight interesting, or to fight the type of fight he wants to.

Contrast this with a lot of other guys, who simply are content with a takedown, and holding their guy down for the entire round in order to win the judges favor of being "dominant"

I've always said, and will stick to it, that the shorter rounds favor strikers and wrestlers and hurt BJJ guys who can work comfortably from their backs. With the Pride style, 10 minute and 5 minute rounds, it is much harder for a pure wrestler to simply take his guy down, and avoid being put in danger of being submitted, but with three minute rounds it takes a lot of that danger away.

The thing is, the way Nick Diaz fights, is entertaining, but probably a little to his own dis-service. He is willing to put himself into harm's way in order to make the fight interesting, or to fight the type of fight he wants to.

Agreed. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters but his style is just too risky to win consistently in the UFC.

Paul Daley Promises Knockout of Nick Diaz, Voices Criticism of GSP

"I hit unlike any other welterweight in MMA. I will knock Diaz out. I will knock him out."

"Nick doesn't have great wrestling. Most of his takedowns come from the clinch or he's dropping guys with bodyshots, but that ain't gonna happen with me. Yeah he's fast but he's not explosive like me when it comes to MMA. He's got great conditioning, yeah, but what happens when I'm moving three or four times as fast as anybody he's fought in the past? How's he going to deal with that?

"I thought Diaz was OK. I thought he's been more impressive in other fights. And I thought Cyborg was predictable. I kind of thought after the first round he'd be done because of wind. The guy used to fight at heavyweight, so it's not going to be easy on his body to go to welterweight. Diaz, the guy fights from everywhere, uses punches and kicks. Then it went to the ground. It wasn't really impressive because I expected him to beat Cyborg. It was an OK performance."

That Silva-Belfort gif is pumping me up. I only hope Vitor can bring some of what Sonnen brought. If he connects just once the way Sonnen did, we'll see a new champ. I just don't think he has the mental edge to beat Spider though.

Edit- Hey who changed my avatar?

Edited by Chachie