Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That Overeem documentary was just great. He has a huge year coming up. If he wins the K-1 Grand Prix and the Strikeforce tourney, the documentary would be a must-see for any MMA fan.

It seems like there's always a heavyweight that looks unstoppable and everyone wonders if they can be beat, first it was Fedor, then Lesnar, now Overeem's that guy. He's been fighting lights out. I am seriously hoping that we get to see Overeem vs. Fedor.

It seems like there's always a heavyweight that looks unstoppable and everyone wonders if they can be beat, first it was Fedor, then Lesnar, now Overeem's that guy. He's been fighting lights out. I am seriously hoping that we get to see Overeem vs. Fedor.

Reem hasn't gotten there for me yet. I've seen him submitted too many times, and I haven't seen him beat guys that are bad matchups for him yet. He needs to win this tournament for me to put him in the top 3-5.

Reem hasn't gotten there for me yet. I've seen him submitted too many times, and I haven't seen him beat guys that are bad matchups for him yet. He needs to win this tournament for me to put him in the top 3-5.

I totally agree. I was hesitating to post my thoughts on Reem because I haven't seen enough of his fights but I don't really see where he's beaten anyone who was considered top 3 at the time he fought them. He's better now than he's ever been, that's easy to see. He might even have a leg up on Fedor, who doesn't seem to use his entire arsenal any more. However, I don't know how Alistair would measure up against the true UFC elite. Winning this tournament might not even convince me he's the best. I think right now Fedor and Barnett are my personal bets to end up in the final. Neither is what they used to be but they both have proven they can take hard punishment and keep fighting.

Edited by Chachie

Fedor: "They say they've found my biggest weakness, then let them take advantage of it."

"Nothing has changed for me (since the loss). I train just as I've trained before. It just so happened that I had made an error in the previous fight so in training I have just worked on trying not to make that same mistake again. For me nothing has changed inside of me and I still have the same beliefs. I just want to train harder for the next fight.

"I feel very good about participating in this tournament. I feel very proud to be part of the eight who have been chosen and I feel proud to be representing my country in the tournament. I'm training to win the tournament. I'm training hard and whatever happens after that is up to God, but I'm training hard and I look forward to performing.

"I'm ready and prepared to step into the cage against Fabricio (Werdum) at any time. It's something that I'd very much like to do. In regard to Antonio, he's a very tough opponent, a very dangerous opponent. We've never fought before so I'm very happy that we're getting the opportunity to fight. We've seen each other in locker rooms and he's always been very cordial and a nice person. He's very qualified and I think it's going to be a great fight. I really don't think that I should be fighting anyone else and I'm just going to fight whoever they want me to fight.

"I believe that this tournament has assembled enough quality fighters and some of the strongest and most interesting heavyweight fighters in the world so I think that in no way is this tournament any less than the ones I competed for with Pride. I believe it's just as good, if not better.

"I don't think that the years I spent in Pride can give me any type of advantage or dictate how I will perform in this tournament. Certainly experience in this tournament is something that is valuable. Nevertheless, I have to train very hard for this fight and we'll see what happens.

"I'm probably going to train in Russia. I'm more comfortable there and I like to be close to my family. It's likely I'll probably stay in Russia. But I wouldn't mind training somewhere else and with someone like Shane Carwin, who is a good fighter. But most likely I'll stay in Russia.

"Many times people have sized me up and tried to say what my strengths and weaknesses are but if they say they've found what my biggest weakness is then let them take advantage of it.

"Firstly when I train in the mountains in remote areas I train in the high altitude where it's very cold - even near freezing. It just makes the entire training process that much more difficult, which I believe is beneficial because if I can get through it then I'll be that much better for it. Another reason I do it is because nobody bothers me. All I do up there is train, eat and sleep. And all I need to concentrate on is the entire process of my training regimen without any distractions. I believe that's what allows me to be in maximum shape leading up to a fight."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/2-3520/Fedor-They-say-theyve-found-my-biggest-weakness,-then-let-them-take-advantage-of-it.html

"Firstly when I train in the mountains in remote areas I train in the high altitude where it's very cold - even near freezing. It just makes the entire training process that much more difficult, which I believe is beneficial because if I can get through it then I'll be that much better for it. Another reason I do it is because nobody bothers me. All I do up there is train, eat and sleep. And all I need to concentrate on is the entire process of my training regimen without any distractions. I believe that's what allows me to be in maximum shape leading up to a fight."

zangief-end-sfa2-3_5976.gif

Guys helped us a lot. Fedor accidently injured all his sparring partners. For one - it`s ribs. For another - ruined half of his face.
Fedor's trainer Voronov

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/ediniborstva/spbvideo_Press-konferenciya-Fedora-Emeliyanenko

1:30-1:45

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/voronov-fedor-has-injured-all-his-sparring-partners-1509111/

Edited by Patrick86L

Awesome card for a Fight Night:

Tito vs. Little Nog

Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson

Amir Sadollah vs. Duane Ludwig

Leondard Garcia vs. Nam Phan

http://mmafrenzy.com/17300/ortiz-vs-nogueira-hardy-vs-johnson-official-for-ufc-fight-night-24/

Ortiz vs. Nogueira, Hardy vs. Johnson Official for UFC Fight Night 24

Posted by Kris Karkoski on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:10 pm ET

As expected, former champ Tito Ortiz and fellow light heavyweight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will square off in the main event of UFC Fight Night 24 on March 26 in Seattle, the UFC officially announced on Wednesday.

Also confirmed for the Spike-televised main card were welterweights Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson and Amir Sadollah vs. Duane Ludwig, which join a featherweight rematch between Leonard Garcia and Nam Phan.

Tickets for the event go on sale to UFC Fight Club members on Jan. 27, UFC newsletter subscribers on Jan. 28, and the general public on Jan. 29.

Lol, I love Nick Diaz, but GSP would take him down like a Christmas tree in January.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Diaz-Wants-GSP-Price-Must-Be-Right-for-Mayhem-Fight-29545

Diaz Wants GSP; Price Must Be Right for ‘Mayhem’ Fight

Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz is not scared of Jason “Mayhem” Miller, homie.

Diaz does, however, want to be compensated handsomely if he's to square off with “Mayhem” at the middleweight limit.

“I’d be happy to move up. I don't like that people say that I didn't accept the fight with Miller, because I never said anything about that. I said, if I’m going to go off track and screw with my capabilities to fight at 170 pounds, I’d like to get paid in full,” said Diaz during Thursday's Strikeforce conference call. “I’d like to have a reason for doing that. I’d like to get paid something extra -- double, triple, something crazy. I’d [even move down in weight], honestly. Offer me a big money fight at 155 pounds and I'll make it happen.”

According to Diaz, if Miller truly wants to fight him, “Mayhem” should make the same sacrifices that he makes in cutting weight.

“They were talking about making me move weight. [Miller] should get in shape and f---ing make weight like I do. It's hard enough for me to make 170 pounds. He acts like he wouldn't be able to do it. That motherf---er doesn't want to fight me. He doesn't want to work hard like me. That's the problem,” said Diaz. “So he can [either] work his ass off and make 170 or 175 pounds, or somebody can pay me a couple of f---ing million dollars, and I'll move up to 185 pounds and fight him.”

As Diaz elaborated on the subject, his tone became harsher, finally pointing out his frustration with the discrepancy between his pay and that of other world champions.

“[Manny] Pacquaio is making $40 million, [Georges St. Pierre] is making a couple million dollars, and I’m over here driving a Honda because my s--t is breaking down? F--k all you motherf---ers.”

Though many fans were disappointed that the proposed Diaz-Miller contest did not come to fruition, the champion now has another difficult task on his hands: defeat Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos. Diaz will defend his title against Santos on Jan. 29 in the main event of Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Cyborg” at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

“He's a good fighter. I expect him to train hard for this fight. He looks good at [170 pounds]. I always told people he was too small for 185. I think that this is probably a better weight for him.”

Though “Cyborg” has fought only once at 170 pounds -- a bout that ended in a brutal knockout of Marius Zaromskis in December -- Diaz believes that the Chute Boxe representative is a worthy challenger for his title.

“I think [Cyborg] is probably the best fight right now. I’ve seen his weaknesses and strengths. He's not the most technical fighter, and he's not biggest fighter,” said Diaz.

If Diaz can get by Santos, his next opponent will probably be another hard-hitter in Paul Daley. When asked about that potential matchup, however, Diaz was lukewarm. According to the Cesar Gracie product, he has another bout in mind, however implausible it may be.

“I haven't really thought about Paul Daley, to be honest,” said Diaz. “I want to fight Georges St. Pierre. I think my training partner [Jake Shields] is going to take him out. Straight up. People think this guy's better than me, and it's bulls--t.”

GSP would never hurt Diaz, or ever have him in any danger of being finished, but you're right. He would take him down all day and win a 5 round decision.

If GSP boxed like he did against Koscheck who knows? Diaz is one of my favorite fighters but his downfall will always be his lack of wrestling. Luckily for him there aren't any great wrestlers at 170 in Strikeforce.

Also, I just saw this at Sherdog:

It's Kyra Gracie fighting a Judoka on a Japanese gameshow:

That was a hell of a fight. :ols: Better than most Strikeforce Challenger fights.

See how tired the Japanese guy was? And Gracie could have gone another 5mins.

---------- Post added January-21st-2011 at 08:15 PM ----------

BJ Sports Science

Pretty cool. The host being the test case made it that much better. BJ looked a little worried there at the end.

Edited by Sebowski

GSP would never hurt Diaz, or ever have him in any danger of being finished, but you're right. He would take him down all day and win a 5 round decision.

I wouldn't say that, I don't even think it would go to decision personally. GSP would take him down, mount him and GNP the **** out of him. Diaz always has a chance to get a sub but as much as he likes to talk about how hard he works, he'll never outwork GSP and he'll never gameplan the way GSP does. GSP will out wrestle, outclass and his cardio will have Diaz on fumes by the third round. As much as I like Nick, GSP simply outclasses him.

I wouldn't say that, I don't even think it would go to decision personally. GSP would take him down, mount him and GNP the **** out of him. Diaz always has a chance to get a sub but as much as he likes to talk about how hard he works, he'll never outwork GSP and he'll never gameplan the way GSP does. GSP will out wrestle, outclass and his cardio will have Diaz on fumes by the third round. As much as I like Nick, GSP simply outclasses him.

GSP outclasses Fitch, Koscheck, Alves, & Dan Hardy, but they all saw the final bell. Diaz would lose easily, but it goes to a decision

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 12:53 PM ----------

fight for the troops picks:

Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague: Mitirione has actually improved quite a bit from his TUF days. Has pretty good speed for a HW, and uses combinations well. Tim Hague is a big body with a questionable chin that Mitrione should be able to crack.

Mitirone by (T)KO, Round 2

Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran: Beltran would be wise to swallow his pride and take this fight to the ground. He won't, and Barry will dominate him standing, as long as he doesn't break any more bones as he did in his last fight

Barry by (T)KO, Round 1

Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman: Miller has no chin, but i'm not sure Wiman has the power to test it. this fight ends up on the ground where Wiman will will resemble a human pretzel before tapping.

Miller by Submission, Round 2

Mark Hominick vs. George Roop: If Hominick wins, he gets a shot at Aldo, which means there's a serious chance he may tank this fight. Roop killed the zombie with a head kick in his last fight, but Hominick is few levels better in the standing game. Hominick is one of the more technical fighters standing, and he will display that in dominating fashion over 3 rounds

Hominick by Unanimous Decision

Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham: Since moving to Jackson's, Guillard has finally found something resembling a gameplan to use in fights instead of relying on his natural abilities. Dunham has been rocked standing before, but Guillard has the power to end his night with one shot. I fully expect Dunham to work a clinch game and use his wrestling to get the ground where he should have a massive advantage over Guillard. Guillard can end it at anytime, but Dunham has more ways to win this fight

Dunham by Submission, Round 2