Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That's because the Whitemare is still under the radar for most people. I'm actually pretty scared that Nick's going to drop his hands & stick his chin out for a taunt sometime in the first and get his head kicked into row 3.

Also- When everyone picks one fighter, I get nervous for that fighter.

That's because the Whitemare is still under the radar for most people. I'm actually pretty scared that Nick's going to drop his hands & stick his chin out for a taunt sometime in the first and get his head kicked into row 3.

its odd how one man's fear can be another man's hope :D

QiV2CU5Gb6Y

2:03 & 2:13 of that video are some "holy ****" type of moments

Edited by StillUnknown

It's a fantastic clash of striking styles. Zaromskis is aggressive and technical, Diaz is as loose a counter puncher as you'll see in MMA. His hands wander more than Chuck's do. Only thing I think they share is how they like to stay busy. Especially Diaz, geez, the only time the guy stops pawing is when he's taunting somebody.

And that brings up something I'm not so sure about...can Diaz get under the skin of a seemingly strong-willed guy like Zaromskis? Diaz is about as frustrating a fighter there is. He wins exchanges and when you take a deep breath out of frustration he calls you a ***** and dares you to come at him. I don't know if that will phase Zaromskis, but I'm merely speculating. He just seems to have a very focused personality.

It's safe for me to say I'll be taking Nick, if Zaromskis gets tagged once Nick should trip him. That will be all she wrote.

It's a fantastic clash of striking styles. Zaromskis is aggressive and technical, Diaz is as loose a counter puncher as you'll see in MMA. His hands wander more than Chuck's do. Only thing I think they share is how they like to stay busy. Especially Diaz, geez, the only time the guy stops pawing is when he's taunting somebody.

And that brings up something I'm not so sure about...can Diaz get under the skin of a seemingly strong-willed guy like Zaromskis? Diaz is about as frustrating a fighter there is. He wins exchanges and when you take a deep breath out of frustration he calls you a ***** and dares you to come at him. I don't know if that will phase Zaromskis, but I'm merely speculating. He just seems to have a very focused personality.

It's safe for me to say I'll be taking Nick, if Zaromskis gets tagged once Nick should trip him. That will be all she wrote.

thats the thing about Diaz, he could make this a very easy night for himself if he gets it on the ground. something just tells me Diaz is going to stand a minute too long with Zaromskis and he's going to pay a heavy price for it.

its odd how one man's fear can be another man's hope :D

:mad:

Here are his last two fights (both in Dream)...both are brutal 1st round head kick finishes:

msVYRU6jf54

pZ7W8xta9ng

He's a beast. If Nick Diaz hasn't smoked himself retarded, he'll be smart to take him down and work him on the ground. Even then, Zaromskis TD defense has been getting better.

Our boy Nick Diaz never dissapoints when someone gives him a mic.

You know how people used to think Albert Einstein was a crazy dude, but then long after he died we realized he was a genius? Well, maybe that's what we have in Nick Diaz. A man respected for his craft, yet someone who doesn't seem to fully understand his surroundings.

A man, who despite possessing the ability to be great at what he does, consistently makes decisions that for all intents and purposes harm his very well being. Sure, some of what he says and does makes very little to sense to us. But is that because Mr. Diaz is well ahead of his time?

Diaz tells Ariel Helwani that there are certain topics we shouldn't touch with him. Like the word - excited."I don't really use that word," he said. "I think I had this discussion earlier. I have a lot of energy, so I feel good."

And as to whether or not Nick has a dream fight, he had to think about for a minute, but then had a pretty sweet idea. I think he means fighting both of them at once. "Um... no. Actually, right now, I'd like to fight both GSP and Anderson Silva because I think I could beat them," declared the defiant welterweight. "But they [uFC] won't ever let that happen."

When asked about how he envisioned the fight with Zaromskis ending, Diaz seemed to surprise himself with his answer:

"I don't. I don't."

Star-divide

Diaz also shared some interesting thoughts on how he thinks fights should be judged. Imagine if NFL games were determined in this fashion. I would argue that the New York Giants went undefeated every season of their existence. "It's about who would have won the fight had the fight kept going," he reasons. "Not who was winning, but who would have won."

Despite owning a 6-4 record inside the Octagon, Diaz feels as though his record should read as 9-1. "I don't feel like I won the fight against Diego Sanchez," he concedes. "But other than that, I didn't lose any other fights in the UFC."

To fully appreciate what could be a defining moment of Nick Diaz's legacy check out the full interview below.

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/29/1283191/nick-diaz-peerless-poetic-prophet#storyjump

Video interview in the link

Wow, he's already back?! It seemed like his injury was only a few months ago, good grief. I'm glad to see him back too.

She's scared she might get a boner rolling w/ women. :silly:
somehow i had brock pegged as a nancy pelosi loving liberal :silly:

Always good comedy in this thread :ols:

Don Frye back in the UFC.

Yeah I think he's definitely too old for the UFC. Maybe he and Mark Coleman and Randy could start an old man's division. They could bring back Bas and have Herschel Walker join.

I love Diaz. He is such a character. I think we could gather enough content to make a 365-day "Nick Diaz Famous Quotes" calendar :ols:

I'd buy it for sure.

Yeah I think he's definitely too old for the UFC. Maybe he and Mark Coleman and Randy could start an old man's division. They could bring back Bas and have Herschel Walker join.

judging from the weigh-ins, Walker looks as though he could still play RB right now. if i'm in half as good a shape as he at 47, i'll be happy :silly:

Strikeforce Miami: This card>>>>>UFC 109

Jay Hieron vs. Joe Riggs: Riggs aint what he used to be, Hieron is alot better than he used to be. the only way Hieron loses is if he suffers from the "Werdum" affect of being passed over for a title shot.

Hieron by Unanimous Decision

Herschel Walker vs. Greg Nagy: i can't imagine strikeforce would put him in with anybody they thought would trouble him.

Walker by Unanimous Decision

Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims: Sims looks as though he hasn't worked out since leaving TUF. Lashley should have no issues dealing with Sims. maybe the height difference will mean something, but Sims has never been one to use his reach to his advantage.

Lashley by (T)KO, Round 2

Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhoef: Lawler would be an absolute fool to stand with Manhoef. Lawler has good hands and power, but he's not in Manhoef's class. Lawler has some underrated wrestling which he should use to take melvin down and ground n pound him, but he wont so he gets destroyed.

Manhoef by (T)KO, Round 1

Cyborg Santos vs. Marloes Coenen: Coenen has a pretty good ground game, but she may just be physically overmatched in this one. all fights start on the feet which is kind of a death sentence for just about any female fighting Cyborg. even if it goes to the ground, Cyborg is not clueless on the ground. she finished 3rd in the Women's Open Weight division of 2009 ADCC despite only being a purple belt. i think she'll know enough on the ground to get back to her feet should she be in any trouble.

Cyborg by (T)KO, Round 2

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis: tale of two fights. Diaz could finally exhibit something of a clear thought and take Zaromskis and submit him in short order. Or he could employ the far more dangerous strategy of attempting to stand and trade with Zaromskis. Nick will probably only go to the ground after Zaromskis puts him there after a violent striking exchange. Nick's bravery on the feets proves to be his downfall in this one

Zaromskis by (T)KO, Round 2

I'd buy it for sure.

My cousin was suggesting an old-school UFC tournament with all the old guys.

Never pick against Diaz, SU. He will find a way to win. He has won 10 of his last 11 fights (I'm including Gomi here). He'll tell you he won the last two before that streak too but was robbed by the judges against Riggs and Sherk. I don't remember the fights long enough to comment.

Diaz by Gogoplata

I put some money on Lawler as an underdog. I think he has too much MMA experience for Manoef. Either way it should be an exciting fight. I won't be surprised if Manoef gets the KO as they will both be swinging for the fences.

I'll be rooting for Sims. He needs Lashely to make a mistake one the ground and grab an armbar. I think he has a 20% of doing that.

I can't believe they are screwing Hieron over again by not putting him on the main card. I heard he choose Strikeforce over UFC because he would be given a title shot. Instead he has two prelim fights.

The fight will be on easports.com though.

I put some money on Lawler as an underdog. I think he has too much MMA experience for Manoef. Either way it should be an exciting fight. I won't be surprised if Manoef gets the KO as they will both be swinging for the fences.

well played sir

manhoef was in full control, picking Lawler apart and got blasted by Lawler with one shot

didnt see that one coming

Edited by StillUnknown

manhoef was in full control, picking Lawler apart and got blasted by Lawler with one shot

didnt see that one coming

Word. Plus this seems to be the longest break till a replay. Lawler got lucky. If he didn't hit the right shot at the right time it would be over. He should be glad he gets the W and can still walk.