Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I already know who wins next week but i can't play spoiler for everyone else..:saber:

It is very common to have a fighter lose and then come back and fight again on TUF due to injury or DQ. Happens every year. One guy lost three times last year. Don't read too much into the spiler rumors going around. They are all just connecting imaginary dots.

Forrest Griffin's first interview since the massacre that was UFC 101

forrest sounds like a broken fighter

i hope i'm wrong, but that sounds too much like different interviews i've heard in boxing where a fighter recognizes their best just isnt good enough anymore.

Sounds like Anderson broke his will. That tends to happen when fighters get devastated at the hands of guys like Anderson and Fedor.

Lol, are you serious man?

http://www.fighters.com/08/05/andrei-arlovski-confesses-suicide-games-after-losses-to-fedor-emelianenko-brett-rogers

Fighters.com’s tenth-ranked heavyweight “Pitbull” Andrei Arlovski (14-7) confessed Wednesday night to playing Russian roulette, a gamble during which a revolver is loaded with a single round, the cylinder spun, and then placed against the temple. The player pulls the trigger, chancing the bullet could end their life.

“First time I was 16, second time I was 30,” said the thirty-year old former UFC heavyweight champion. “It’s when you don’t care about anything.”

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16323/mike-swick-vs-dan-hardy-likely-to-determine-no-1-contender-for-georges-st-pierre.mma

On Sunday UFC welterweight contender Mike Swick (14-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) took to Twitter and announced neither Matt Hughes nor Georges St. Pierre would likely be his next opponent.

That's because he'll next fight Dan Hardy (22-6 MMA, 3-0 UFC) to determine the next opponent for current 170-pound champion Georges St. Pierre.

That's the word from Mike Chiappetta of AOL FanHouse, who confirmed the plans with UFC president Dana White via text message.

White didn't confirm a specific date for the proposed matchup, but since Hardy had been announced as part of the UFC 105 main card with opponent Dong Hyun Kim, the Swick vs. Hardy fight will likely replace that bout on that Nov. 14 card.

However, as of Monday morning, the Hardy vs. Kim fight remained listed on UFC.com.

UFC 105 takes place at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England, and airs via same-day delay on Spike TV.

Swick had been scheduled to fight Martin Kampmann earlier this month at UFC 103 in a No. 1 contender's bout. However, the former top middleweight contender suffered a concussion a few weeks before the fight and was forced to pull out. (UFC newcomer Paul Daley took his spot instead and pulled off the upset victory over Kampmann.)

Swick is 4-0 since dropping to welterweight in early 2008 with decision wins over Josh Burkman and Marcus Davis and TKO victories over Jonathan Goulet and Ben Saunders.

Hardy, a British fighter, first joined the UFC in 2008 and has become one of the organization's top U.K. stars. He's currently riding a six-fight win streak, which includes a 3-0 mark in the UFC with a split-decision win over Akihiro Gono, a KO win over Rory Markham, and a split-decision victory over Davis.

For the latest on UFC 105, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

looks like gsp is entering the Patrick Cote/Thales Leites portion of his title defenses

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16327/strikeforce-welterweight-prospect-tyron-woodley-joins-famed-american-top-team.mma

Following his impressive performance at Friday's "Stikeforce Challengers" event, fast-rising welterweight prospect Tyron Woodley has joined the famed American Top Team, ATT officials today announced.

Woodley, a two-time All-American wrestler at the University of Missouri, will join ATT's main academy in Coconut Creek, Fla.

Woodley, booked for today's edition of MMAjunkie.com Radio, moved to 4-0 with a win over veteran Zach Light in a Showtime-televised fight at the Sept. 25 event.

The explosive fighter tapped out Light in the second round after an impressive and athletic display standing and on the mat.

ATT, widely regarded as one of the top camps in all of MMA, is home to notables such as Thiago Alves, WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown, Jorge Santiago, Thiago Silva, Din Thomas, Bobby Lashley and others.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently reported, Woodley also had a successful run as an amateur and went 7-0 with seven first-round stoppages.

"I think I have a bright future," Woodley said. "I'm signed to an awesome deal with Strikeforce. I don't have to worry about getting a fight because there's a good level of professionalism there.

"I've been patient, I've been training with a lot of high-level guys, and I give those guys all they can have, and they're some of the best in the world. I think it's my time."

UFC missed the boat on this dude. he was impressive friday night. he's going to be a monster at 170 in a year or so

i think he's scared to fight in the US because of the drug testing

japan's testing is not near as strict as the US, which is saying something

Yeah, I was going to ask if they tested in K1...by the looks of him I'd say no lol.

Kind of sad really though, when you think about the Pride legacy and how a lot of those guys were likely juicing. Although, some have done just fine in the states (Anderson, Rampage, Nog).

Andre is lost. I also suspect he's full of baloney. If he's telling the truth, he's a very weak-minded man which shows you why he got punked in the first place.

I certainly don't want to come across like I know everything but puh-LEEZ, Andre. You have more than 99% of the men in this world could ask for and you're telling the media you played russian roulette? Snap out of it.

Andre is lost. I also suspect he's full of baloney. If he's telling the truth, he's a very weak-minded man which shows you why he got punked in the first place.

I certainly don't want to come across like I know everything but puh-LEEZ, Andre. You have more than 99% of the men in this world could ask for and you're telling the media you played russian roulette? Snap out of it.

Very well said and I totally agree.

I can understand being upset that within a span of a year he had Fedor Emelianenko backed up in a corner - and then having to ask a ref "where am I" after Brett Rogers dropped him in 22 seconds. No disrespect to Brett, but Andre has been full time in this business for a while now. He had an opportunity to be HW king, and he instead drops down the ladder perhaps as fast as we've ever seen.

But like you said, get over it. The last thing MMA needs is a guy blowing his head off.

Very well said and I totally agree.

I can understand being upset that within a span of a year he had Fedor Emelianenko backed up in a corner - and then having to ask a ref "where am I" after Brett Rogers dropped him in 22 seconds. No disrespect to Brett, but Andre has been full time in this business for a while now. He had an opportunity to be HW king, and he instead drops down the ladder perhaps as fast as we've ever seen.

But like you said, get over it. The last thing MMA needs is a guy blowing his head off.

He needs to be a contestant on next season's "Ultimate Fighter." Get a little perspective on his life. :)