Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufcnotes061409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Apparently, Filipovic, who is from Croatia, wanted to fight in Germany and use the UFC bout as a tuneup. He did and is now Dream bound, but he’ll almost certainly never fight in the UFC again.

“He didn’t keep his word,” White said, who said he’d had a two-hour talk with Filipovic on the day Filipovic texted and asked to be able to return. “He talked about honor and all this other [expletive] and he [expletived] me.

“He fed me this bull [expletive] about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He turned down every other [expletive] fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”

As is his custom, Filipovic skipped the postfight news conference and could not be reached to comment on the DREAM deal.

:rotflmao:

Mike Swicks hands were amazingly fast. he rocked that dude and dropped him big time.

cro cop may have poked that guy in the eye but he was shaking him off, throwing him to the side and beating his ass before that. there was no doubt in my mind cro cop was going to win that fight.

marcus davis was too hyped up and too pissed off to really fight but he got his ass beat by a better fighter tonight. no question about it that he got beat up.

cain will NOT be able to pull that weak ass ground and pound **** with those soft ass punches on someone like lesnar. brock will stand up and then beat the **** out of him. congo has NO ground game but when it was standing up he rocked the **** out of cain several times including 2 big bombs in the first. cain has a good chin though.

unanimous? that wasnt unanimous between rich and wandy. sorry but it was a split at best. i could have called it a draw too. i bet on rich but i didnt think he won that in a dominating fashion.

unanimous? that wasnt unanimous between rich and wandy. sorry but it was a split at best. i could have called it a draw too. i bet on rich but i didnt think he won that in a dominating fashion.

unanimous doesn't necessarily mean dominant. it could've been 29-28 on all cards which represents a close fight, but still unanimous

So Cro Cop is not going to continue fighting in the UFC? What a coward, man. I'm no longer a fan.

Kongo = zero ground.

The Silva/Franklin fight was close. I feel bad for Wandy. It's just not going his way here in the UFC but he's got more heart than Schmirko Schmo-Schmop ever had.

MMA guys are tougher than boxers? I think we can all put that to bed now after Ray Mercer who's way past his prime beats Tim Silva in seconds in an MMA match.

To be fair, Kimbo Slice choked out Mercer in one minute.

Try to understand what "mixed martial arts" means. It's not "a martial art", like boxing, it's anything you want to bring to the table. Mercer brought boxing and won with it. Just like Royce Gracie ONLY brought Jiu Jitsu and won with it.

Boxing works in MMA, but it isn't the end-all-be-all of fighting.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

To be fair, Kimbo Slice choked out Mercer in one minute.

Mercer was a hasbeen when he fought Kimbo as he was when he fought Silva. If Kimbo would have choked out one of the Klitschko brothers in one minute, that would be a bigger story. Why do you think Dana White is deadset on letting Anderson Silva fight Roy Jones Jr?

Edited by THE OUTSIDER

Mercer was a hasbeen when he fought Kimbo as he was when he fought Silva. If Kimbo would have choked out one of the Klitschko brothers in one minute, that would be a bigger story. Why do you think Dana White is deadset on letting Anderson Silva fight Roy Jones Jr?

What? You just came in here to say that since Mercer flash KO'd the most goofy and uncoordinated champion MMA has ever seen, boxing is proven to be the only thing a person has to learn to win a fight?

Dana White doesn't want Anderson to fight Roy Jones, and Kimbo is an MMA novice.

So Cro Cop is not going to continue fighting in the UFC? What a coward, man. I'm no longer a fan.

Kongo = zero ground.

The Silva/Franklin fight was close. I feel bad for Wandy. It's just not going his way here in the UFC but he's got more heart than Schmirko Schmo-Schmop ever had.

cro cop is out of the ufc?

really? when did he say that?

hahaha..you delievered it.

i thought cro cop looked good. sure it was against a nobody but i really thought he looked sharp. he must just be scared.

in other news..99 i will be thinking of your sig soon here my friend. im thinking something interesting for the whole site to enjoy

Good card yesterday.

Swick is the man, I hope he gets the winner of GSP/Alves. Truthfully, it would have shocked me if Saunders won, Swick's hand speed is blinding and he just has a knack for overwhelming people. It really looks like he cuts about 60 pounds. Jesus Christ, give that guy a potato chip and he won't make light heavyweight. But I'm definitely a fan.

Kongo's fight was almost too painful to watch. I think he stumbled Cain three or four times. The fight developed such a predictable pattern that I think the ref LET Kongo grab the fence in the 3rd round. The fence was 98% of the reason he got up, the other 2% goes to the fact that he has feet. Kongo needs to crash-course at Cesar Gracie jiu jitsu ASAP.

I scored the Franklin/Silva fight 29-28 for Wand. It could be that I was cheering him on and a tad biased :) but in doing my best not to be, I thought Wand won the 2nd and 3rd. I can see the argument for Franklin winning, it was a good fight. It's so sad looking at Wandy's recent string of losses. I really hope he gets a can in his next fight, **** it. Go to 185 and knock out a Japanese rookie, for old times' sake.

Thanks for posting the Sylvia link. Lololol.

MMA guys are tougher than boxers? I think we can all put that to bed now after Ray Mercer who's way past his prime beats Tim Silva in seconds in an MMA match.

If you think Tim Sylvia represents the best of MMA heavyweights, you are insane and ridiculous.