Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

it could be a very long time before they fight each other. its no guarantee they will end up in the same organization

wasnt dana softening his stance on no female division?

i honestly dont see why he is so against it. they arent joke fighters and they sometimes put on better shows then the men. i remember gina's fights in EXC were better then any Kimbo fight I saw.

wasnt dana softening his stance on no female division?

i honestly dont see why he is so against it. they arent joke fighters and they sometimes put on better shows then the men. i remember gina's fights in EXC were better then any Kimbo fight I saw.

Yeah he did, but he also said he doesn't see enough talent to warrant a whole division there so he wouldn't do it in the UFC. He is open to the fight for the WEC. (I think. Going of my memory and that ain't what it used to be)

Yeah he did, but he also said he doesn't see enough talent to warrant a whole division there so he wouldn't do it in the UFC. He is open to the fight for the WEC. (I think. Going of my memory and that ain't what it used to be)

well as long as they get a stage Im cool with it. Gina is smokin hot indeed but she is a pretty good fighter too. and a match between her and cyborg (maybe the best name for a fighter ever) will get some major attention.

and your memory sucks!! :silly:

You are exactly right, and I do not necessarily disagree with him. Carano and Cyborg are skilled fighters, no doubt. But I can only think of a handful of others that I would like to see fight, and there is no guarantee that all of those would want to sign with the same organization.

I am sure he is having discussions, but if you only have two main draws, the product would suffer and people would lose interest at some point.

well as long as they get a stage Im cool with it. Gina is smokin hot indeed but she is a pretty good fighter too. and a match between her and cyborg (maybe the best name for a fighter ever) will get some major attention.

But Dana wants it to be more than a one-fight deal. If he does it, he wants it to be a legitimate division, something that continues past a fight between Carano and Cyborg. And that would be best for everyone IMHO.

But Dana wants it to be more than a one-fight deal. If he does it, he wants it to be a legitimate division, something that continues past a fight between Carano and Cyborg. And that would be best for everyone IMHO.

there are more then just those 2 out there I am sure. just like the UFC started out with just a few good fighters and some dudes who wanted to brawl it can evolve.

Alessio Sakara has the best nickname with Legionarius, too bad he's not that good a fighter. that nickname deserves a better fighter to rep it properly

i actually agree that there isn't enough talent to support an entire women's division right now. i can only think of about 5 or 6 fighters that are worth bringing over to start a women's division. it would be cool if they promoted the Carano/Cyborg match as a one shot deal though

Edited by StillUnknown

Alessio Sakara has the best nickname with Legionarius, too bad he's not that good a fighter. that nickname deserves a better fighter to rep it properly

i actually agree that there isn't enough talent to support an entire women's division right now. i can only think of about 5 or 6 fighters that are worth bringing over to start a women's division. it would be cool if they promoted the Carano/Cyborg match as a one shot deal though

yeah but when the UFC started how many big names were there?

Gracie

Tank

Shamrock

???

there really werent that big of names either. I get there arent that many women fighters out there but you gotta start some place. and the WEC is a lower tier so why not there? :2cents:

yeah but when the UFC started how many big names were there?

Gracie

Tank

Shamrock

???

there really werent that big of names either. I get there arent that many women fighters out there but you gotta start some place. and the WEC is a lower tier so why not there? :2cents:

different times now. back then it was thought to be bar room style fights. nowadays the people are educated on the martial arts aspect of it. i've watched alot of women's mma in japan, the talent is just not there worldwide to support a division. i'm sure that will change over the next couple of years with more women training MMA, but right now its Gina, Cyborg, Tara De LaRosa (who most think is the best female fighter out right now), and couple of others holding the fort.

Tara's got a sweet deal with the AFL so it would take alot to pull her away.

its not so much the names i worried about, its more about putting out a competitive, quality product in the cage/ring. right now i just don't think theres enough talent to do that.

I'll always remember you couldn't finish a butterscotch shot on your birthday....