Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I dunno, if anything, Brock doesn't need to work on his G&P anymore. He needs to grapple grapple grapple, and grapple some more and then some more. His standup striking is suspect as long as he tackles guys right off the bat. Anyone with a good takedown defense will test his standup. Brock's game on top when he's on the ground was very impressive. Wow.

I think Mir will have an easier time if they rematch. He seemed surprised that Brock shot right out of the gate like a maniac.

with Brock's combination of speed & power and with his extensive college wrestling background, i don't think there's a heavyweight currently in the UFC, outside of tim sylvia due to his sprawl, that can stop his takedowns.

if he learns to be more controlled with ground n pound striking, he'll be more successful finishing fighters. his biggest area to work on has to be sub defense.

it'll be interesting to see who they decide to match him up against next.

with Brock's combination of speed & power and with his extensive college wrestling background, i don't think there's a heavyweight currently in the UFC, outside of tim sylvia due to his sprawl, that can stop his takedowns.

if he learns to be more controlled with ground n pound striking, he'll be more successful finishing fighters. his biggest area to work on has to be sub defense.

it'll be interesting to see who they decide to match him up against next.

A controlled G&P would be because of good grappling. Brock is intense, his style is all about insanity. Add Jiu Jitsu control to that, and the guy is legit. Jiu Jitsu and submission knowledge will make the guy awesome on the ground.

A controlled G&P would be because of good grappling. Brock is intense, his style is all about insanity. Add Jiu Jitsu control to that, and the guy is legit. Jiu Jitsu and submission knowledge will make the guy awesome on the ground.

i don't think he has the time to learn offensive jiu jitsu, he should focus strictly on sub defense at this stage

Very true. I thought the fight would be stopped at any moment. The ref could have tapped the back of Brock's head like the one did in the earlier fight. Brock was just going crazy.

it kinda looked like Mazzagati was steppin in to stop the fight, realized Mir wasn't out then took a point to cover his ass for stopping the action :laugh:

in the fight with Griffin and Tibeau he tapped Tibeau on the head and warned him about shots to the back of the dome, Brock didn't even get a warning.

i don't think he has the time to learn offensive jiu jitsu, he should focus strictly on sub defense at this stage[/Quote]

Exactly. Learning to prevent offensive jiu jitsu is essential to defending Jiu Jitsu. Only Nog and Mir could take care of Brock's, quote, "stubbornness". As far as I'm concerned, I'm excited to see Brock's next fight. I hope he faces Timmeh. Can he take Tim down, and will he be able to stand with Tim? It's the first promising career that has literally started in the UFC. I have, for the first time, felt the HW division has some luster. It's great. Hopefully Kongo can show some KO power and some ground game at the same time against Herring. The HW division took a large step for mankind tonight. :applause:

it kinda looked like Mazzagati was steppin in to stop the fight, realized Mir wasn't out then took a point to cover his ass for stopping the action :laugh:

in the fight with Griffin and Tibeau he tapped Tibeau on the head and warned him about shots to the back of the dome, Brock didn't even get a warning.

Exactly. I think Brock was just going apeshizzle and Mazzigatti didn't know any other way to warn Brock but stop the fight. There could have been a little "wink-wink" by Dana to Mazzagati but I dunno what else Maz would have done to warn him. The point was unnecessary period.

I think Mir would have a much easier time in the next fight because Brock is basically like a blitzing defense that Mir wasn't blocking for. Next time, Mir will have 7 blockers, and will drag the fight out enough to expose Brock..

Exactly. Learning to prevent offensive jiu jitsu is essential to defending Jiu Jitsu. Only Nog and Mir could take care of Brock's, quote, "stubbornness". As far as I'm concerned, I'm excited to see Brock's next fight. I hope he faces Timmeh. Can he take Tim down, and will he be able to stand with Tim? It's the first promising career that has literally started in the UFC. I have, for the first time, felt the HW division has some luster. It's great. Hopefully Kongo can show some KO power and some ground game at the same time against Herring. The HW division took a large step for mankind tonight. :applause:

too soon to let Brock face Sylvia. it would be an interesting matchup. but brock needs to face comparable competition. Brock can be a force in the division but he obviously needs time to grow his skillset before he starts fighting top10 heavyweights. i say let Brock face a veteran who prefers striking to submitting people.

too soon to let Brock face Sylvia. it would be an interesting matchup. but brock needs to face comparable competition. Brock can be a force in the division but he obviously needs time to grow his skillset before he starts fighting top10 heavyweights. i say let Brock face a veteran who prefers striking to submitting people.

And there you describe Tim Sylvia. But I understand your point. I think if Kongo wins his next one, it would be a great matchup between he and Lesnar. Nobody has seen Kongo's ground game, but he has a technical standup. Could Lesnar roll through it? I dunno, I say **** it and put the headliners against the headliners. Make a name for yourself, or suffer the consequences. Brock has earned the right to face Sylvia sooner rather than later.

In the aftermath of last night's title fight, I can't help but wonder how Randy Couture is feeling today. In his stubborn efforts to wait for a fight with Fedor, he finds himself watching Minotauro acquiring the belt he fumbled. He was so bent on proving something to the world with Emilianenko when he could have stayed, fought Nog, and possibly retired with both the UFC and Pride belts. That would be something Fedor's never done and it would have been a fantastic way to retire, cementing Randy as at least a viable mention in the "best ever" discussions for all time. Now Nog rules the MMA HW world and the history books.

:whoknows:

http://www.insidethe8.com/news/Brock_Lesnar_Talks_About_Last_Night_s_Loss_At_UFC_81.shtml

There’s no shame in losing. I lost my first amateur wrestling match as a kid. My coach told me when I was wanting to quit, that you first have to lose before you learn how not to lose. I don’t like to lose so I have to learn not to lose in this sport…. Obviously I’m disappointed, but it was a great experience. I must have worked on defending that leglock 1,000 times maybe. I thought I was going to get out…. I’m here for as long as I can fight here. I love what I’m doing. The company has been great.”

i watched the post-fight press conference on UFC.com, some very funny spots between Brock & Tim

Tim: "Nog is the best at jiujitsu and frank is second, and you all know what frank did to me"

Brock: "who cares what he did to your arm"

Tim: "yeah who cares what he did to me, he almost broke your leg"

they both laughed pretty good after that comment. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brock was pretty respectful during the post-match conferences.

I really want Brock to do good, so I was a bit disappointed, but not too much. I mean, he was facing a former heavyweight champion as his first opponent in the Octagon. Given some time, I think he can be a very dangerous competitor, he clearly has the strength and wrestling knowledge, I think if he concentrates on BJJ for a year or two he is going to be fairly unstoppable.

And man, I really started to think that Sylvia had the fight in the bag, as the old saying goes "It ain't over 'till it's over".

Here's to looking forward to Silva vs Henderson

14v2u81.gif

David Heath should just retire after gettin thrown like that :laugh:

I have not in recent memory seen a more one-sided MMA fight than that. There are the opening bell one-punch KOs of course and some fast ground 'n' pounds, but that was a methodical drubbing of humiliating proportions and that toss just punctuated it. Wow. I wanted Heath to win too, because he entered to a Pixies song ("Where Is My Mind" from Fight Club.) He got punked in such a way that I almost guarantee he DOES retire. Humiliating. I feel so sorry for him when he gets the courage to watch the tape of that fight.

I have not in recent memory seen a more one-sided MMA fight than that. There are the opening bell one-punch KOs of course and some fast ground 'n' pounds, but that was a methodical drubbing of humiliating proportions and that toss just punctuated it. Wow. I wanted Heath to win too, because he entered to a Pixies song ("Where Is My Mind" from Fight Club.) He got punked in such a way that I almost guarantee he DOES retire. Humiliating. I feel so sorry for him when he gets the courage to watch the tape of that fight.

the only fight i can think of that was that one sided in recent memory was Anderson Silva vs. Chris Leben

that guy David Heath got picked apart in every way imaginable

the only fight i can think of that was that one sided in recent memory was Anderson Silva vs. Chris Leben

that guy David Heath got picked apart in every way imaginable

Yeah I guess Silva-Leben or Silva-Franklin. Good point. Heath was the favorite and.... ha! I can't even remember the other guy's name!.. was a replacement on 10 days notice. What a brutal beating and shameful landing on the toss. Wow. My jaw hit the floor when Heath's ear/face/shoulder/chest hit the cage/crease/mat all at the same time.

....Wow.

he got beat worse then his fight against Babalu.

This is 2 fights in a row where he gets completely schooled. He should be embarrased.

UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2 fight card has been released:

Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre

Travis Lutter vs. Rich Franklin

Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes

Charles McCarthy vs. Michael Bisping

Mark Bocek vs. Mac Danzig

Undercard:

Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald

Rich Clemeni vs. Sam Stout

Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Jonathen Goulet

Undercard:

Thank you, Strokes. Nice card!

No prob. It is a nice card, I wish they put Bisping against Quarry, though. They seem to be spoonfeeding Bisping, constantly. They know he's already a big attraction, may be the biggest in the UK, so they don't want him to get tarnished. Even though he's the favorite, I might take the upset in that fight. McCarthy has a game that could get to Bisping, not sure yet.

I'm excited to see Danzig in lightweight, also. This kid could be something in the next few years if he stays sane.

Undercard:

right in my hometown baby. I could care less about bispsing tho. I am happy to hear that cote has been added. gonna be awesome

Not sure I saw the Sobral fight. Anyone have a YouTube link?

I have it on my computer. Want me to upload it somewhere for you to watch it? He raped heath.