Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Difference is Rashad danced when nothing was being thrown at him. Anderson made Rich look like he was shadow boxing. Almost a choreographed dance.

anderson's was much better because it was actually used for defensive purposes. rich threw about 5 punches that didn't land at all. at that point i knew Franklin had no chance in this fight :laugh:

Sloppy punches? That's funny. Hendo's hooks are elite. Simple as that.

his punches are elite because the power they pack, technically his style isn't that great. He ducks his head and swings for the fences. When it connects its deadly and most likely fight ending, my point is that i think silva is too good technically to get caught by that, but if he did, it would be night night.:2cents:

anderson's was much better because it was actually used for defensive purposes. rich threw about 5 punches that didn't land at all. at that point i knew Franklin had no chance in this fight :laugh:

Yeah, that was exactly the point where I thought the same thing. Anderson made him say bye-bye twice in this fight. Once at the VERY end of round 1. Then after doing his dance, moving his nose to the right again, and beating him up - Anderson drops him with a knee. Note to self - if you ever fight Rich Franklin...run away, or throw knees!

his punches are elite because the power they pack, technically his style isn't that great. He ducks his head and swings for the fences. When it connects its deadly and most likely fight ending, my point is that i think silva is too good technically to get caught by that, but if he did, it would be night night.:2cents:

I wouldn't say technically his style isn't great. Hendo knows how to fight on his feet for sure. He knows how to stay out of the way and whip bombs from right to left, repeating and repeating. He keeps his big chin tucked and continues to have a hummin' toolbox of hooks and straights. I'd LOVE to see him fight Anderson. Why he wouldn't drop down to middleweight baffles me. He has, what you would call, a serious punchers chance. He'd sit at #2, if nothing else, and he would give Anderson more problems than anybody else in that weight class.

Yeah, that was exactly the point where I thought the same thing. Anderson made him say bye-bye twice in this fight. Once at the VERY end of round 1. Then after doing his dance, moving his nose to the right again, and beating him up - Anderson drops him with a knee. Note to self - if you ever fight Rich Franklin...run away, or throw knees!

I wouldn't say technically his style isn't great. Hendo knows how to fight on his feet for sure. He knows how to stay out of the way and whip bombs from right to left, repeating and repeating. He keeps his big chin tucked and continues to have a hummin' toolbox of hooks and straights. I'd LOVE to see him fight Anderson. Why he wouldn't drop down to middleweight baffles me. He has, what you would call, a serious punchers chance. He'd sit at #2, if nothing else, and he would give Anderson more problems than anybody else in that weight class.

I don't think Anderson could hurt him the guy has been blasted before by much bigger,stronger punchers and ate it.. Rampage said the guys hard head about broke his hand.. I think Dan would take him down and work him thier would be no striking match. Andersons only prayer againest Dan would be to catch him in a submission from the bottom but i honestly don't see..

I think Lindland would give him huge problems has well..

Seriously look at the guys Anderson has fought recently none are really elite fighters in my eyes. And Lutter was working him on the ground till he got caught up.

CHUCK VS. WANDERLEI DECEMBER 29th!!!!! Same card as Hughes vs. Serra.

http://mmajunkie.com/

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva at UFC 79 — It’s Finally Official

Posted by MMA Junkie on October 23, 2007 at 10:27 pm ET

The worst-kept secret in UFC history was finally revealed this evening; UFC President Dana White confirmed that former UFC champion Chuck Liddell (20-5 MMA, 15-4 UFC) will face former PRIDE title-holder Wanderlei Silva (31-7-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC 79 on Dec. 29.

The pay-per-view event takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

White made the announcement during a spot on Tuesday night’s “Scream 2007” special on Spike TV.

The one-time cross-promotion mega-fight, which had been promised a few times over the past couple years (most recently at UFC 61), never came to fruition because UFC and PRIDE officials couldn’t work out the details. However, owners of Zuffa LLC (the UFC’s parent company) purchased PRIDE earlier this year, signed Silva to a contract, and then scheduled him to fight at UFC 79.

Liddell was the likely opponent — until a split-decision loss to Keith Jardine at UFC 76 in September appeared to temporarily derail the idea. However, despite both fighters coming off back-to-back losses (Liddell to Quinton Jackson and Jardine; Silva to Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Dan Henderson), the bout remains one of the most-anticipated in MMA history, and UFC officials booked the fight anyway.

As MMAjunkie.com exclusively announced in July, Silva was expected to fight Liddell at UFC 76. However, when Silva requested a November fight date instead (to accommodate his move to the U.S.), the bout was scrapped and Jardine got the fight instead. White went on the offensive soon after, saying Silva was ducking Liddell and that the fight would probably never happen.

Three weeks later, though, White boasted that he had signed Silva — and even posted a video of the actual contract signing on UFC.com. However, he never clarified his claims that Silva was trying to avoid a fight with Liddell.

MMAjunkie.com spoke to Silva over the weekend during Cincinnati’s UFC 77 event, and the Brazilian confirmed he would be fighting Liddell. White, though, remained tight-lipped about the fight, saying only that the two fighters would face off sometime “soon.“

Now officially booked, the fight will take second billing to a main event between UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes.

For the latest rumored UFC 79 fight card, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

_________

CHUCK VS. WANDERLEI DECEMBER 29th!!!!! Same card as Hughes vs. Serra.

http://mmajunkie.com/

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva at UFC 79 — It’s Finally Official

Posted by MMA Junkie on October 23, 2007 at 10:27 pm ET

The worst-kept secret in UFC history was finally revealed this evening; UFC President Dana White confirmed that former UFC champion Chuck Liddell (20-5 MMA, 15-4 UFC) will face former PRIDE title-holder Wanderlei Silva (31-7-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC 79 on Dec. 29.

The pay-per-view event takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

White made the announcement during a spot on Tuesday night’s “Scream 2007” special on Spike TV.

The one-time cross-promotion mega-fight, which had been promised a few times over the past couple years (most recently at UFC 61), never came to fruition because UFC and PRIDE officials couldn’t work out the details. However, owners of Zuffa LLC (the UFC’s parent company) purchased PRIDE earlier this year, signed Silva to a contract, and then scheduled him to fight at UFC 79.

Liddell was the likely opponent — until a split-decision loss to Keith Jardine at UFC 76 in September appeared to temporarily derail the idea. However, despite both fighters coming off back-to-back losses (Liddell to Quinton Jackson and Jardine; Silva to Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Dan Henderson), the bout remains one of the most-anticipated in MMA history, and UFC officials booked the fight anyway.

As MMAjunkie.com exclusively announced in July, Silva was expected to fight Liddell at UFC 76. However, when Silva requested a November fight date instead (to accommodate his move to the U.S.), the bout was scrapped and Jardine got the fight instead. White went on the offensive soon after, saying Silva was ducking Liddell and that the fight would probably never happen.

Three weeks later, though, White boasted that he had signed Silva — and even posted a video of the actual contract signing on UFC.com. However, he never clarified his claims that Silva was trying to avoid a fight with Liddell.

MMAjunkie.com spoke to Silva over the weekend during Cincinnati’s UFC 77 event, and the Brazilian confirmed he would be fighting Liddell. White, though, remained tight-lipped about the fight, saying only that the two fighters would face off sometime “soon.“

Now officially booked, the fight will take second billing to a main event between UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes.

For the latest rumored UFC 79 fight card, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

_________

I have to admit, the Wandy/Chuck fight has lost some of its appeal. Watching Dan Henderson destroy Silva and seeing " The Dean of Mean" taunting the once feared Chuck Lidell have shown that neither of these fighters are what they once were.

People were saying the same thing about Randy Couture until he came back from two straight KOs and whipped Tim Sylvia around the ring for 5 rounds, then TKO'd Gabriel Gonzaga who was supposed to stop him.

I have to admit, the Wandy/Chuck fight has lost some of its appeal. Watching Dan Henderson destroy Silva and seeing " The Dean of Mean" taunting the once feared Chuck Lidell have shown that neither of these fighters are what they once were.

People were saying the same thing about Randy Couture until he came back from two straight KOs and whipped Tim Sylvia around the ring for 5 rounds, then TKO'd Gabriel Gonzaga who was supposed to stop him.

Can anyone else not stand the EliteXC commentators? I like Bernstein for boxing, not so much for MMA. And I really can not stand listening to Stephen Quadros.

Oh well, at least Bill Goldberg is not on tonight.

I do not really like EliteXC, but I will watch it just because I like MMA. But their broadcasters cause me to turn it off every once in a while.

Can anyone else not stand the EliteXC commentators? I like Bernstein for boxing, not so much for MMA. And I really can not stand listening to Stephen Quadros.

I do not really like EliteXC, but I will watch it just because I like MMA. But their broadcasters cause me to turn it off every once in a while.

EliteXC had one of the worst shows, if not the worst show, of the year. When Sakuraba and Royce Gracie had a 15 minute match, and we saw the debut of Brock Lesnar in MMA. The introductions to the fighters were longer than the fights. The fights were all bad. Jonny Morton, former WR from the Chiefs got flatlined for about 3 minutes. It was scary. From that day forward, I've never had a passing thought about watching EliteXC.

EliteXC had one of the worst shows, if not the worst show, of the year. When Sakuraba and Royce Gracie had a 15 minute match, and we saw the debut of Brock Lesnar in MMA. The introductions to the fighters were longer than the fights. The fights were all bad. Jonny Morton, former WR from the Chiefs got flatlined for about 3 minutes. It was scary. From that day forward, I've never had a passing thought about watching EliteXC.

That was a terrible show. I had no intention of watching it tonight, but I stopped for a few minutes. And that was about all I could take.

I have not watched a whole lot of their content, because it just strikes me as terribly unprofessional in some aspects. Such as on-air talent and production. I have seen a few pretty good fights in the few times I have watched them, but nothing that makes me clamor for more.

I would much rather watch WEC, IFL and obviously UFC before I switch to EliteXC.

That was a terrible show. I had no intention of watching it tonight, but I stopped for a few minutes. And that was about all I could take.

I have not watched a whole lot of their content, because it just strikes me as terribly unprofessional in some aspects. Such as on-air talent and production. I have seen a few pretty good fights in the few times I have watched them, but nothing that makes me clamor for more.

I would much rather watch WEC, IFL and obviously UFC before I switch to EliteXC.

I watched some of the HD Net MMA tonight....and well....it just seems like the NFL Europe version of UFC. I ended up watching UFC Fight Night even though I had seen all the matches. There's something to be said for quality and that Sam Stout vs. Fisher fight was one of the best I've ever seen.

I watched some of the HD Net MMA tonight....and well....it just seems like the NFL Europe version of UFC. I ended up watching UFC Fight Night even though I had seen all the matches. There's something to be said for quality and that Sam Stout vs. Fisher fight was one of the best I've ever seen.