Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yep, already know about the event, and will be watching. I'm very impressed with the caliber of fighters in the WEC....When is Filho going to come to the UFC?

i would expect sometime after Anderson Silva loses the MW title. Filho has stated in different interviews that him and Silva are great friends and train together, and that they won't fight each other.

i would expect sometime after Anderson Silva loses the MW title. Filho has stated in different interviews that him and Silva are great friends and train together, and that they won't fight each other.

Pride had that same issue with Shogun and Wandy, but they still both fought in the same org. I'm getting really sick of fighters that won't fight "friends". This is a sport, not a street fight. Tito is the worst offender.

Pride had that same issue with Shogun and Wandy, but they still both fought in the same org. I'm getting really sick of fighters that won't fight "friends". This is a sport, not a street fight. Tito is the worst offender.

Filho wanted to fight for a title which is why he's in WEC. I can understand why they may not want to fight their friends, yes it is a sport, but it can lead to someone getting hurt seriously whether its intentional or not. i might not agree with it, but i won't criticize fighter for not wanting to fight someone he is close to.

Filho wanted to fight for a title which is why he's in WEC. I can understand why they may not want to fight their friends, yes it is a sport, but it can lead to someone getting hurt seriously whether its intentional or not. i might not agree with it, but i won't criticize fighter for not wanting to fight someone he is close to.

I guess we're still in the early days of MMA, and the athletes don't have the appreciation of fighting in big time org's. As soon as MMA is more mainstream, and fighters' salaries are on par with boxers', I don't think fighters will have the luxury of picking and choosing whom they fight. They'll fight their own mothers to make it to the UFC (or whomever is a top org in 10 years).

WTF? Is that to give him time to pass his 2nd drug test or what?

apparently sherk just hired a lawyer 2 weeks ago, and their team is still getting an independent analysis of the samples that came back with roids. No matter what the decision will be made on those samples, sherk can't just take a test now and claim he wasn't on the juice

franca's suspension was upheld as expected so he's done for the next year

apparently sherk just hired a lawyer 2 weeks ago, and their team is still getting an independent analysis of the samples that came back with roids. No matter what the decision will be made on those samples, sherk can't just take a test now and claim he wasn't on the juice

franca's suspension was upheld as expected so he's done for the next year

Hate to hear it. It should be about time for Kevin Randleman to come back though, I'm guessing he'll be fighting in the UFC, because I believe he had a contract with Pride before they were bought out.

Hate to hear it. It should be about time for Kevin Randleman to come back though, I'm guessing he'll be fighting in the UFC, because I believe he had a contract with Pride before they were bought out.

Randleman is an interesting case. He has all the raw talent and power in the world, but he could just never seem to put it together consistently. if you look back at his career, you'd be hard pressed to find another fighter who's fought as many of the top guys in mma as Randleman.

Randleman is an interesting case. He has all the raw talent and power in the world, but he could just never seem to put it together consistently. if you look back at his career, you'd be hard pressed to find another fighter who's fought as many of the top guys in mma as Randleman.

It's true and he is an excellent wrestler but he could just never get his striking or ground game together.

List of great fighters he's faced:

Fedor

Cro-Cop

Chuck

Shogun

Rampage

Randy

Bas Rutten

That's like a who's who of some of MMA's all-time greats and the only guy in that list that he's defeated is Cro-Cop (who defeated him as well).

Randleman even dropped Fedor on his head and it looked like he broke his neck only to have Fedor come back and submit him. I hope he's worked on his game since he's been out, because he's a very cool guy and I'd like to see him do some winning for a change.

It's true and he is an excellent wrestler but he could just never get his striking or ground game together.

List of great fighters he's faced:

Fedor

Cro-Cop

Chuck

Shogun

Rampage

Randy

Bas Rutten

That's like a who's who of some of MMA's all-time greats and the only guy in that list that he's defeated is Cro-Cop (who defeated him as well).

Randleman even dropped Fedor on his head and it looked like he broke his neck only to have Fedor come back and submit him. I hope he's worked on his game since he's been out, because he's a very cool guy and I'd like to see him do some winning for a change.

every person you listed, a current or future hall of famer.

and that slam on Fedor was one of the sickest things i've seen. how he managed to get kimura'd like 30secs later is beyond me. in some interview a while back, i remember Fedor sayin that he was never in any danger from that slam because he knew how to position himself to land to minimize the overall damage of it, he said that it looked alot worse than it really was.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8535

Several sources have confirmed to Sherdog.com that the popular Kenny Florian (Pictures) will replace hard-hitting Spencer Fisher (Pictures) after a staph infection in the King's right knee forced the southpaw to bow out of his UFC Fight Night main event clash with Din Thomas (Pictures) on Sept. 19.

While the bout is not signed, it has been verbally agreed upon on by both sides, Sherdog.com has learned.

Fisher is one of several fighters in the Bettendorf, Iowa gym stricken with staph recently, said the lightweight's trainer, Pat Miletich (Pictures).

"They've been quarantined out of the gym," the trainer said. "It's not something you get from dirty mats or hospital equipment. It spreads from human to human contact."

kinda disappointed that Fisher had to pull out, but should still be a great fight regardless.

i still see Din winning this.

courtesy of ufcjunkie.com:

Report: Drew McFedries, Tim Sylvia Infected with Staph Infections

Posted by UFC Junkie on August 7, 2007 at 2:12 pm ET

Spencer Fisher apparently isn’t the only Miletich Fighting Systems fighter struck by a staph infection.

Teammates Drew McFedries and Tim Sylvia have also been infected, and McFedries still remains hospitalized, according to The Fight Network’s Brian Knapp.

According to the report:

According to Fisher, at least two other MFS fighters — heavy-handed middleweight Drew McFedries and former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia — have also been infected. McFedries remains in the hospital and has had a [sizable] piece of his leg removed, according to Fisher. His rumored October bout with Marvin Eastman at UFC 77 also appears in jeopardy.

All three fighters train at MFS in Bettendorf, Iowa.

they need to better in making sure all the equipment and training centers are sanitized.

I think it is from dirty mats.

I wouldn't think this was possible at a gym like MFS. Good thing it wasn't Hughes right before the title fight.

i've heard that as well, but some people who are more knowledgeable on the topic have told me that it can happen from not properly cleaning training mats and things like that.

Damn, talk about ridin' dirty.

apparently Diego Sanchez has left Greg Jackson's camp: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4480&zoneid=13

Diego Sanchez has officially left Team Jackson and moved to California to be closer to his son according to former trainer Greg Jackson, who commented during an appearance on MMAWeekly Radio on Wednesday night.

“Diego has moved to California to reconnect with his son out there,” said Jackson. “He’s always a part of the team, but he’s going to train out there for a while. We love him to death, he still loves us; it’s just kind of a thing where he wants to get out there and get to know his boy and live a good life. He’s such a great kid and we all love him to death, the whole team, and we wish him the best of luck while he’s out there and can’t wait for him to get back.”

damn, Greg Jackson's team been on some hard times lately.

"had a spark when they started, but now they just garbage" :laugh:

apparently Diego Sanchez has left Greg Jackson's camp: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4480&zoneid=13

damn, Greg Jackson's team been on some hard times lately.

"had a spark when they started, but now they just garbage" :laugh:

I don't really like Sanchez anyway. Especially after acting like an ass at the Koscheck weigh-in then losing the match by decision.

Maybe smoking weed is a bad idea if you're into combat sports? :whoknows:

I don't really like Sanchez anyway. Especially after acting like an ass at the Koscheck weigh-in then losing the match by decision.

Maybe smoking weed is a bad idea if you're into combat sports? :whoknows:

Diaz managed to apply the gogoplata on Gomi while on the green :laugh: