Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Dominick Cruz tore his ACL again. Injury bug is one evil son of a b****.

Just ain't fair, so dominant a champ, now likely finished. Probably the best in the game at analyzing fights as well, wouldn't shock me if he went on to be a successful coach at some point. He was one of the very few who predicted Gus would give Bones problems. He's usually spot on with his analysis, even if he misses the winner of the match.

Assuncao is out as well, I guess Barao gets his rematch.

Edited by StillUnknown

What about a Mighty Mouse vs. Dillashaw fight. Its not like Mighty Mouse has anyone beating on his door at 125?

No way Dana puts two champs against each other. Can anybody at 145 drop 10 more lbs? How about John Dodson? He fighting DJ again? Barao most likely gets his rematch.

Wear a helmet while cutting weight this time, Renan.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

That sucks, isn't that the third time? He just has the worst luck. Good luck to Cruz

Yep, twice on the one knee, this time on the other. I'm not even that big of a fan of his & I feel for him, that's just horrible.

Just over a month away from the spider's return, & we get a wicked personal grudge match in Jones DC & get to see the spectacle that is McGregor before that. January is going to be a good month for UFC fans.

The UFC must be desparate for PPV dollars, Lawler Big Rigg 3 gets greenlighted for not even 400k PPV buys & signing rampage after CM Punk? What's next, signing a Kardashian to fight for their millions of twitter followers?

Just give us 2 championship fights per PPV & we'll all cone back in droves. With 10 divisions now & champs fighting just more than 2 times a year the math works for 11-13 PPV per year.

• Like 1

I always wonder how Dom tears his ACL's. Does he do it when sparring or working on his footwork? Saw a vid the other day of him practicing his footwork, and it was insane as usual, but for the life of me, I couldn't stop squinting and cringing. It's like you're asking for it bro. It at least has to wear on his knees to do that **** all the time.

The scariest part of that, is whether or not he will let go, of that leg lock......

that is the question

:)

Not until someone else says his name 3 times, or you start ripping up his contract but even then it's still only 50/50.

The only safe way to prevent Paul Harris from tearing your knee's to shreds is by amputating your own legs before you fight him. He'd look across the ring at your stumps and probably cry.

Edited by artmonkforHOF
  • Like 2

I would think that Kimbo and Brock would be more likely, since they're in the same weight class, while Punk is actually 2 divions lower, right ? :)

Yeah, an easy match for Brock with an internet celeb is a way to go. I think CM might have a chance against Kimbo, and Kimbo is looking thinner. Still would have to be openweight. Both matchups would rake in cash.

Sonnen said he knows CM's opponent, and it's a big name. Who has a big name that would not totally dismantle him in 1 minute? I mean, to me, Tim Boetsch isn't a big name guy, and he'd kill CM.

Perhaps Sonnen himself? I mean even Chael would punish him badly, and they're friends (a work to make it look competative is potentially there). I wouldn't put that matchup passed the UFC.

CM vs. Kimbo would be at least interesting. Yeah, Kimbo probably batters him, but he's got glaring weaknesses that CM might be able to take advantage of. If he survives 2 minutes, Kimbo could be gassed.

Who else is a big name you could give CM? Undertaker? Joe Rogan? I feel like we're going to get a celebrity matchup here. Hopefully it's a one-off.

Yeah, a squash match for Brock with an internet celeb is a way to go. I think CM might have a chance against Kimbo, and Kimbo is looking thinner. Still would have to be openweight. Both matchups would rake in cash.

Sonnen said he knows CM's opponent, and it's a big name. Who has a big name that would not totally dismantle him in 1 minute? I mean, to me, Tim Boetsch isn't a big name guy, and he'd kill CM.

Perhaps Sonnen himself? I mean even Chael would punish him badly, and they're friends (a work to make it look competative is potentially there). I wouldn't put that matchup passed the UFC.

CM vs. Kimbo would be at least interesting. Yeah, Kimbo probably batters him, but he's got glaring weaknesses that CM might be able to take advantage of. If he survives 2 minutes, Kimbo could be gassed.

Who else is a big name you could give CM? Undertaker? Joe Rogan? I feel like we're going to get a celebrity matchup here. Hopefully it's a one-off.

The Green Power Ranger wants the fight.......seriously. This is where we're at in MMA, Power Ranger vs. Pro Wrestler.

Isn't Sonnen serving a worldwide suspension until 2016 ?

The Green Power Ranger wants the fight.......seriously. This is where we're at in MMA, Power Ranger vs. Pro Wrestler.

And I thought the UFC learned it's lesson from the James Toney Freakshow. Apparently not.

Isn't Sonnen serving a worldwide suspension until 2016 ?

And I thought the UFC learned it's lesson from the James Toney Freakshow. Apparently not.

Well, I mean, Toney was at least a great boxer. That's a core martial art, and he was facing Randy. Randy was screwed if he'da got clipped. He even went for an ankle because of the threat. It really calmed the boxing vs. MMA debate for good, because while Mercer floored Sylvia, it became obvious to the delusional boxing defenders that takedowns and ground fighting could overcome a pure boxer.

CM vs. Green Ranger? Is that the dude with the ponytail? Can't believe I'm even asking that. Might be a low point in my fandom. That seriously would be such a lame opponent. At least CM is a pretty big celebrity, so give him someone who'd help, not hurt, the ppv sales. Green Power Ranger would kill the little interest I have seeing Punk fight.

Chael is suspended through next year? Welp, there goes that, thank God.