Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I was rooting for Lawler, but when it was over I felt it would be 48-47 Hendricks across the board. Once I heard 49-46 I was even more sure Hendricks won.

49-46 for Lawler? Okaaaaaaaaay?

The punished Hendricks for not fighting. He ****ed about GSP doing it to him and then tried to do it to Robbie.

Either way Robbie is a badass. One of my favorite fighters and I'm ****ing stoked!

• Like 1

Maybe the stare down at the end earned him extra points?

Or maybe he earned extra points for actually trying to engage, while Hendricks was merely stuffing his head in Lawler's crotch for half the fight.

That said - Lawler needs to work on his cardio if he plans to maintain the belt for a while.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Or maybe he earned extra points for actually trying to engage, while Hendricks was merely stuffing his head in Lawler's crotch for half the fight

Lawler took the entire second round off, save a couple of nice up kicks. 

Hendricks was landing combinations the entire fight. But took that last 30 seconds or so off of round 3, and last minute off the final round. I thought the first fight was closer than this one, both with Hendricks as the winner. 

Doesn't matter, I like both fighters. Lawler has had a long career of ups and downs. Really seems to have figured it out. Good for him.

I've been on record many times about my frustration regarding how pro-wrestling/takedown UFC tends to be but usually the judging reflects that, and tonight maybe for the first time in awhile they didn't didn't give a lot of the takedowns that led to nothing a ton of emphasis?  I know there were a few times that Hendricks scored a takedown and then Lawler connected on strikes from the bottom while Hendricks merely tried holding on to the top position.  Maybe for once, that was taken into consideration?

Lawler took the entire second round off, save a couple of nice up kicks. 

Hendricks had his few moments....in the 2nd round....and the 3rd

But consider how many times they had to be separated and pulled away from the cage, all because of Hendricks' insistence on the "do-nothing pose"

I don't think a guy with a strategy and highlights such as that, deserves to win.

Lawler won the belt, ****ing cool. Super ****ing cool. When he's announced as champ in his next fight, it will be a special moment. He is a fan favorite...a classic fighter. Now a world champion.

Looks like he'll get Rory next? Rory has settled in to a groove, but Lawler has hurt him before, dropped his ass. Should be great. Most of us will probably pick Rory.

I am a huge Hendricks fan, worried he's plateaued. Gotta get that KO power rolling again.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Hendricks had his few moments....in the 2nd round....and the 3rd

But consider how many times they had to be separated and pulled away from the cage, all because of Hendricks' insistence on the "do-nothing pose"

I don't think a guy with a strategy and highlights such as that, deserves to win.

That's fine but Lawler took all of the 2nd and most of the third round off to the point Joe Rogan thought he had injured his hand.  Think about that.  He did so little and looked so unlike himself that the announcers actually thought he was injured.  When that happens there is no room to talk about the other fighter not being active enough.  The only times we could even really argue that Lawler was the more active fighter were the 1st round and the last minute of the 5th.  Other than that Hendricks was BY FAR the more active fighter. 

Lawler won the belt, ****ing cool. Super ****ing cool. When he's announced as champ in his next fight, it will be a special moment. He is a fan favorite...a classic fighter. Now a world champion.

Looks like he'll get Rory next? Rory has settled in to a groove, but Lawler has hurt him before, dropped his ass. Should be great. Most of us will probably pick Rory.

I am a huge Hendricks fan, worried he's plateaued. Gotta get that KO power rolling again.

Apparently Dana was waffling on Rory getting the next shot in the presser. Might see the 3rd act of Lawler/Hendricks first.

Some gamblers I follow on twitter said they heard rumors of Hendricks having a really bad weight cut, and Hendricks himself said it felt like his body shut down in the 5th. He has to stop allowing himself to blow up so much in between fights.

Even though I hate Ben Askren, I would much rather see him in the UFC than CM Punk. Dana is clearly trying to grab some dollars from WWE fans buying CM Punk PPVs. 

Anyway, that was a great ****ing card last night other than the main event. I knew when the opening fight on the prelims ended with a bulldog choke putting someone to sleep that it was going to be a good night.  Anthony Pettis is one of my favorite fighters right now. I don't know if he's ever had a boring fight. And I would've rather had Pettis/Melendez as the main event than Hendricks/Lawler. Lawler took rounds off and Hendricks was clearly stalling to the point that I'm glad they gave Lawler the fight whether it was the right thing to do or not. I've had it with guys that stall and try to win fights by points. 

• Like 1

In my best DW voice, "Listen, I was at Rener and Renon Gracie's gym the other day, and the guy was putting Rener in chokeholds, okay?" You don't put Rener Gracie in chokeholds, he ****ing guillotined Rener Gracie. He's famous, this is Pride now, Mirko Cro Cop vs. Alberto Del Rio 2 gets the co main to CM Punk vs. Clay Guida.

That's right, Clay Guida. CM Punk is much larger, but hey, freak show fights were always a part of MMA. And Clay Guida beat Anthony Pettis, the P4P number 1 guy in the world. He also sucks now. He'll also throw the fight for us."

CM Punk vs. Brock will headline UFC 200.

• Like 1

Apparently Dana was waffling on Rory getting the next shot in the presser. Might see the 3rd act of Lawler/Hendricks first.

Some gamblers I follow on twitter said they heard rumors of Hendricks having a really bad weight cut, and Hendricks himself said it felt like his body shut down in the 5th. He has to stop allowing himself to blow up so much in between fights.

He needs to stop with the excuses after every fight as well.

I guess my dream was prophetic, I missed all the fights..

Please post your next fight dream early, with the round & time if possible. I'm going to bet your dream next time.

I have no idea how Robbie got 49-46, unless you think he won round 4 with defense as me & my buddy where joking while watching it.

Get the finish if you dont like the decision Mr. Hendricks. He didn't deserve the belt with those take down attempts that just turned into pins against the cage, good on Herb for breaking that up later in the fight.

GSP would fight the same way, but he would at least get the takedown & do stuff-pass guard, strike, go for a sub- Hendricks went full wrestler & thought just a pin was worth points.

Please dont rush the trilogy, give Johnny a fight or 2, then have them go again, there are plenty of other good title fights at 170 that can happen before we see these 2 again.

• Like 1

Are the TUF coaches fighting without even a mention of them being the TUF coaches? Maybe I missed it.

Yeah I didn't see that either, but they did show 3/4 semifinalist in the crowd-missing was Canadian Randa Markos.

I'm pulling for Randa patriotically of course, but think she'll be in tough versus Rose, but if she gets past her, I think she could take Jessica Penne in the finals & would love to see her & Carla scrap.

Good fights on TUF so far, hopefully that keeps up.

As much as I'm ready for Lawler/Hendricks Part 3, if Dana screws over Rory after promising a title fight I will be pretty pissed.  He's earned his chance to fight for the belt.  Rory will be sitting around for a LONG time if he doesn't get his shot now.

Hendricks should fight the winner of Woodley/Gastelum (I'm predicting a big Gastelum upset by the way) before he gets another shot at Lawler/Rory.  Anything else would be uncivilized!!

As much as I'm ready for Lawler/Hendricks Part 3, if Dana screws over Rory after promising a title fight I will be pretty pissed.  He's earned his chance to fight for the belt.  Rory will be sitting around for a LONG time if he doesn't get his shot now.

Hendricks should fight the winner of Woodley/Gastelum (I'm predicting a big Gastelum upset by the way) before he gets another shot at Lawler/Rory.  Anything else would be uncivilized!!

I'm not even sure I would consider Gastelum over Woodley an upset at this point. Woodley's hard to get a read on, he's either knocking people unconscious, or looking decidedly average.

• Like 1

Or maybe he earned extra points for actually trying to engage, while Hendricks was merely stuffing his head in Lawler's crotch for half the fight.

Well, at least Joe Silva and i think alike.....

"I started talking to a lot of the fighters here on who won and they were all split,” said [Dana] White on the UFC 181 Post-Show. “Joe Silva said you can’t win a fight with your head between someone’s legs for three rounds.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hendricks-vs-lawler-ii-dana-white-considering-trilogy-192153622--mma.html

I'm not even sure I would consider Gastelum over Woodley an upset at this point. Woodley's hard to get a read on, he's either knocking people unconscious, or looking decidedly average.

Woodley's not hard to figure out, you said it yourself, just in the wrong order. He's an average fighter with knockout power. He gets a few in a row & looks like a world beater, if he doesn't get the KO, he looks like he barely belongs in the top 10.

Gastelum by 2nd round finish, I'm pulling for a gogoplata as usual.

I really hope Joe Silva's opinion on Hendricks holds water at the UFC. Plus a 3 headed monster at 170 of Rory, Lawler & Gastelum/Hendricks wouldn't be a bad thing. Makes me wonder what Condit is going to look like when he gets back.

He's an average fighter with knockout power. He gets a few in a row & looks like a world beater, if he doesn't get the KO, he looks like he barely belongs in the top 10.

That's interesting, because it sounds a lot like a description of Hendricks.

I think he was over-hyped as some kind of "KO-wrecking machine".