Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Limbaugh detained at Palm Beach airport

SkinsD

mmmmmm, schadenfreude.

During the '90's, a time when Rush was intimating, on the air, that Bill Clinton had Vince Foster murdered, and was referring to Chelsea Clinton as "ugly", he nevertheless became a hugely popular radio personality - he's arguably done more than any one person in recent memory to poison the well of American politics.

A little Schadenfreude might not be misplaced in this case.

During the '90's, a time when Rush was intimating, on the air, that Bill Clinton had Vince Foster murdered, and was referring to Chelsea Clinton as "ugly", he nevertheless became a hugely popular radio personality - he's arguably done more than any one person in recent memory to poison the well of American politics.

A little Schadenfreude might not be misplaced in this case.

Let me guess - you're a liberal. :laugh:

Nice attitude. I haven't listened to Limbaugh in 10 years. Got tired of his schtick. On the other hand, you liberals sound as if you listen to him every day. ;)

The sad thing is if a normal person had just gotten lucky with a sweet deal from the DA and then was caught again with a similar offense everyone would recognize how dumb the person was. But because it's Limbaugh, king of AM radio, any comment concerning how clearly this individual is tempting fate is written off as liberal ranting.

Nice attitude. I haven't listened to Limbaugh in 10 years. Got tired of his schtick. On the other hand, you liberals sound as if you listen to him every day. ;)

just joking. I'm not a liberal either. I do listen to Rush occasionaly for a good laugh at an idiot

The sad thing is if a normal person had just gotten lucky with a sweet deal from the DA and then was caught again with a similar offense everyone would recognize how dumb the person was. But because it's Limbaugh, king of AM radio, any comment concerning how clearly this individual is tempting fate is written off as liberal ranting.
Actually, if you'll go back and read through this thread you'll see that that is exactly what 90% of posts were. Liberals expressing their hatred for Limbaugh.

Actually, if you'll go back and read through this thread you'll see that that is exactly what 90% of posts were. Liberals expressing their hatred for Limbaugh.

by that statement, you're admitting that if a person is affiliated with your party, then it's ok to break the law? the fact that he is a hater and a hypocrite does make him unpopular, but why do you think that republicans

turn a blind eye to his drug addictions and illegal drug activity? Imo, this seems to be a common thread with republicans, blatent hyprcisy with regards to breaking the law, while preaching that their party is the one with integrity :doh:

:) Being liberal and voting Republican are not mutually exclusive.

OK, then, there are a number of conservative causes that I espouse, and I think that Ronald Reagan was a better president than LBJ.

Someone should tell conservatives that by cursing moderates with the "liberal" epithet, they're only hurting the cause of conservatism.

EDIT: but in one sense, you're right - I need to give equal time to skewering that gasbag Michael Moore.

by that statement, you're admitting that if a person is affiliated with your party, then it's ok to break the law? the fact that he is a hater and a hypocrite does make him unpopular, but why do you think that republicans

turn a blind eye to his drug addictions and illegal drug activity? Imo, this seems to be a common thread with republicans, blatent hyprcisy with regards to breaking the law, while preaching that their party is the one with integrity :doh:

1.) I'm not a Republican. 2.)I never said it was fine for him to break the law. My statement was responding to Destino who criticised me for viewing most of this thread as liberals LOOKING to jump on Limbaugh in general, when in fact, that is what most of the posts have done. Personally, I don't have a lot of respect for him. He's an entertainment figure, and like most of those these days, he's got issues.

1.) I'm not a Republican. 2.)I never said it was fine for him to break the law. My statement was responding to Destino who criticised me for viewing most of this thread as liberals LOOKING to jump on Limbaugh in general, when in fact, that is what most of the posts have done. Personally, I don't have a lot of respect for him. He's an entertainment figure, and like most of those these days, he's got issues.

so you don't like it when someone assumes your political preferences :doh:

does the "H" word apply here? :rolleyes:

Actually, I haven't counted, but I'd estimate it was more like 75% posts from people laughing at the dummy, and 25% from people who can't tell the difference between "laughing at the dummy" and "liberals expressing their hatred for Limbaugh".

I'll even go so far as to point out that there's at least one scenario in which nothing illegal happened, here.

Scenario: Rush goes to Dominica with Tom, Dick, and Harry. Dick's prescription accidentally wound up in Rush's luggage.

Actually, I haven't counted, but I'd estimate it was more like 75% posts from people laughing at the dummy, and 25% from people who can't tell the difference between "laughing at the dummy" and "liberals expressing their hatred for Limbaugh".
Go do a survey of the participants and get back to me. ;)

Except that most of them were not liberals, unless you define "liberal" as anyone who thinks Rush Limbaugh is a tool.

I myself am a true-blue liberal, and I can tell you that most of the people you think are liberals here, in actuality are not.

However, by being so knee-jerk hostile to them, perhaps you have helped to push them more in my direction. For that I thank you most sincerely. :D

Except that most of them were not liberals, unless you define "liberal" as anyone who thinks Rush Limbaugh is a tool.

I myself am a true-blue liberal, and I can tell you that most of the people you think are liberals here, in actuality are not.

However, by being so knee-jerk hostile to them, perhaps you have helped to push them more in my direction. For that I thank you most sincerely. :D

Wow, you really think I was "hostile"? Argumentative, maybe, but there was no name-calling or anything of the kind. As opposed to one person who suggested that I was attached to RLs genitals.

And I might suggest that you as a self-described "true-blue liberal" might not have the best perspective on who actually is liberal. Idealogues don't always have the most objective perspective. Of course, the same could be said about me. :D

Archived