Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs take on Campbell

CPstretch

i actually agree with you regarding JC. however, using a similar take, you are the guy with julius jones in your sig. what has he ever done to earn such an accolade?

About 900 yds. and 7 TD's in 7 starts his rookie year including a 198yd. 3TD MNF performance that year. That game was part of a two game streak where he rushed for 348yds and 5 TD's. Pretty impressive for a rookie. Last year wasn't as great but he did end an injury riddled year with a 194yd 2 TD performance @ Carolina. Is that enough to simply put him in my sig?

About 900 yds. and 7 TD's in 7 starts his rookie year including a 198yd. 3TD MNF performance that year. That game was part of a two game streak where he rushed for 348yds and 5 TD's. Pretty impressive for a rookie. Last year wasn't as great but he did end an injury riddled year with a 194yd 2 TD performance @ Carolina. Is that enough to simply put him in my sig?[/QUOTE]

that is up to you. with the numbers you posted its funny that jj has been referred to as a bust or "on the block". i wonder why that is, if hes so good?

Do you realize how stupid you sound? This thread is about getting excited that the coach, one of the best in the history of the NFL who has more football knowledge in his left nut than Fattie Mantitties:

And I'm the one who sounds stupid right? :rolleyes:

My comment was not based on the article directly. It was towards the fan reactions in this thread. You have a HOF coach who's excited about his young QB. I think that's great. One of your fellow members is literally placing Campbell in the Super Bowl. Do you think it would be wise to see him win a regular season game first? That's all that I'm asking.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? This thread is about getting excited that the coach, one of the best in the history of the NFL who has more football knowledge in his left nut than Fattie Mantitties, is happy with the way the 1st round QB is progressing. In an NFL filled with Canned Answers, you rarely hear open praise like that. And when it comes from a HoF coach...

I'm sick of JC being bashed as far as being "over-valued" by people, do I need to break out all the links to articles by ESPN etc. which rank JC as the 2nd best prospect and the most NFL ready out of all of them? I would only do that to defend us that think it is a little bit more than "God" talking.

:dallasuck :redpunch:

I would love to see all those links

About 900 yds. and 7 TD's in 7 starts his rookie year including a 198yd. 3TD MNF performance that year. That game was part of a two game streak where he rushed for 348yds and 5 TD's. Pretty impressive for a rookie. Last year wasn't as great but he did end an injury riddled year with a 194yd 2 TD performance @ Carolina. Is that enough to simply put him in my sig?[/QUOTE]

that is up to you. with the numbers you posted its funny that jj has been referred to as a bust or "on the block". i wonder why that is, if hes so good?

I never said he was soooooo good? When did I say that? Somebody asked me why I chose to put him in my OWN sig? As if I needed to justify that?

Campbell is a wild card at best. Time will tell. Last year, I don't know about you all, but he seemed to be a loner on the sidelines. While Brunnell and Ramsey seemed to chat it up, talk football and what not, Campbell would be far down the sideline looking like someone crapped in his cheerios.

right. ramsey was the only guy here before Gibbs. and hes now, well, gone.

Brunell was the veteran that Gibbs got to depend on.

Collins is the system guy that came with Saunders.

Campbell is the guy Gibbs handpicked himself.

JC is fine. he just didnt have much to do last year because of the way things went down. with ramsey gone he has no doubt that if he performs hes the future, long term.

JC has not played a down yet so starting to claim him SB winner is a little premature. Gibbs does not throw praise around for no reason. If he specifically calls out a player and says that player is doing a great job then that player actually is doing a good job. Gibbs will simply not comment publically on any poor performing players. I am encouraged about JC and can't wait to see him this year. However, I am willing to bet that Gibbs wants a healthy Brunnel for the playoff run. A vet under center is valuable in the playoffs. Let JC get some playing time this year and make it to the playoffs next year. The comments just tell me they drafted the right guy not that he will lead us to the SB this year by himself.

I never said he was soooooo good? When did I say that? Somebody asked me why I chose to put him in my OWN sig? As if I needed to justify that?

:laugh: . I'm sorry but the idea of having to justify your sig is so ridiculous it makes me laugh. I'll (painfully) admit I agree with THEHEREAFTER- Gibbs is always Mister Positive about almost everything, and while yes, it's encouraging because God knows I worry whenever I think of Jason and whether or not he'll turn out well and it helps to hear any positive words about him, he also hasn't shown really anything quite yet in the big league. And even if he is pretty good for his first year actually playing against competition, not just holding a clipboard, that's different than being good as a starting franchise QB, so rather than put him on a pedestal of excellence only to watch him throw the inevitable silly picks and miss open recievers when he first starts playing real defenses, I'd rather keep my hopes moderate and maybe even a little pessimistic. Just my personal take on it though.

Hello! this is a skins board. Offcourse we are going to overvalue and overhype every skins player and that includes JC. That's callled being fans and a being a little homer is all part of it. When someone said that JC= superbowl it was not any sort of guarantee so don't take it literally.

Don't mind if we are a little more excited about our future QB than you pukes are about Henson cause there is a reason

Cool interview thanks. I hope we do get to see Campbell more this year. He looks good. By the way, I think Joe Gibbs has the coolest laugh ever, God, I think I may have a man-crush.

Joe Gibbs' laugh is quite possibly the gayest thing on the planet.

More gay than gay sex.

Not even kidding. And I'm bi, so I have a point of reference here. :2cents:

CAN THIS SEASON HURRY ALREADY! Jason Campbell = will lead us to a superbowl victory!

Wow! All this before he's started his first regular season game? I don't wish to temper your excitement just wondering what you're basing your prediction on since he hasn't played yet in the regular season? Try something other than because Joe selected him and Joe Gibbs is God.

wELL HES GOT SOMETHING RIGHT

CAN THIS SEASON HURRY ALREADY! Jason Campbell = will lead us to a superbowl victory!

Wow! All this before he's started his first regular season game? I don't wish to temper your excitement just wondering what you're basing your prediction on since he hasn't played yet in the regular season? Try something other than because Joe selected him and Joe Gibbs is God.

Hey he did not say this year thats Brunells job but next year its fair game that campbell takes us to the superbowl.

About 900 yds. and 7 TD's in 7 starts his rookie year including a 198yd. 3TD MNF performance that year. That game was part of a two game streak where he rushed for 348yds and 5 TD's. Pretty impressive for a rookie. Last year wasn't as great but he did end an injury riddled year with a 194yd 2 TD performance @ Carolina. Is that enough to simply put him in my sig?

but he ended his season against St louis or does that game not count against him anymore?

Don't mind if we are a little more excited about our future QB than you pukes are about Henson cause there is a reason. we are going to overvalue and overhype every skins player and that includes JC. That's callled being fans and a being a little homer is all part of it.

:cheers: :applause: :cool:

Amidst arguments and what-not....I'd personally like to see Gibbs lead this team and Brunell to a super bowl win (this year)....or....the pinky ring. Throughout this season, have Campbell play some when we've got the game in the bag. When its time....next year(barring injury to MB), bring JC in and bring Joe & the 'Skins one for the thumb.

5 Super Bowls, 5 Different QB's. It'd be pretty damn tight.

by the way....:dallasuck

Seems like you might be guessing here he has to play games before you can determine these things

I was basing it on his college years and the interviews i've seen with him. Its well noted what his work ethic is and that he is football smart.

Eli won the NFC East and lead the 3rd ranked offense in the NFL what a mistake by the Coughlin made throwing him in

Not his first year he didn't. And if i cared enough to argue right now, I could easily make a case for it not being Manning that led them, but Tiki Barber very close to single handedly, plus the many many turnovers that their defense forced. (weren't they close to tops in the league in forced turnovers?)

:laugh: . I'm sorry but the idea of having to justify your sig is so ridiculous it makes me laugh. I'll (painfully) admit I agree with THEHEREAFTER- Gibbs is always Mister Positive about almost everything, and while yes, it's encouraging because God knows I worry whenever I think of Jason and whether or not he'll turn out well and it helps to hear any positive words about him, he also hasn't shown really anything quite yet in the big league. And even if he is pretty good for his first year actually playing against competition, not just holding a clipboard, that's different than being good as a starting franchise QB, so rather than put him on a pedestal of excellence only to watch him throw the inevitable silly picks and miss open recievers when he first starts playing real defenses, I'd rather keep my hopes moderate and maybe even a little pessimistic. Just my personal take on it though.

i agree with you in regards to JC.

it wasnt a questions of justifying a signature. he was saying that JC had yet to do anything. i was saying that jj hadnt really done anything to set the world on fire either. that was the point

Campbell is a wild card at best. Time will tell. Last year, I don't know about you all, but he seemed to be a loner on the sidelines. While Brunnell and Ramsey seemed to chat it up, talk football and what not, Campbell would be far down the sideline looking like someone crapped in his cheerios.

He was a rookie you know. And I'm pretty sure Ramsey wasn't exactly happy to see him. Thrash said he was blown away by the confidence with which JC commanded the players around him at camp.

And calling JC a wildcard... well fine but who isn't? I mean thats just kind of a known thing... but when drafting someone and evaluating their progress during the offseason there is more to it than just being a wildcard, methinks.

There is a lot of scouting, preperation and a large investment going on with JC, if he is a wildcard what would another QB with less of a pedigree and no Gibbs seal of approval be?

I also think there is a difference between being excited about the development of a QB and getting one's hopes up. I don't understand why people constantly want to be negative, nobody is saying he's won anything yet, just that he looks GOOD.

Gibbs is not nearly as open to praising his players in that way as you think, he is the king of saying nothing at all but putting a good spin on it. He said some pretty strong statements about JC and his confidence that he could have been the starter this year successfully.

on redskins.com tv gibbs says jason looks great and he is everything we thought he would be and this will be a big year for him. i'm jumping at the thought of seeing him in the regular season this year....

Lets wait to see him play through preseason before we start getting too excited. I'm pleased to hear Joe say that - but then he was hardly likely to say that Jason was bombing out and we had wasted a draft choice(s).

Lets wait to see him play through preseason before we start getting too excited. I'm pleased to hear Joe say that - but then he was hardly likely to say that Jason was bombing out and we had wasted a draft choice(s).

Like the kind of things you hear swirling around names like Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith at camp? ;)

Like the kind of things you hear swirling around names like Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith at camp? ;)

That kind of proves my point.

They have both actually played in regular season games (well they were on the field at any rate) and as such have shown enough to have coaches, team mates and fans worried silly. I think the 49ers are in a world of trouble with Alex Smith.

I think Jason will turn out to be the best QB taken last year - but I want to see him play a bit before I start wanting to make him our starter.

Archived