Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs take on Campbell

CPstretch

The vote of confidence really gets me excited. I love Brunell, but I'm so excited to see Campbell come in and us making that smooth transition into the next era of team. The only thing that scares me is the stats on how young QBs do in the playoffs. With that said, Gibbs has never steered us wrong..

i for one would love to give the season to JC now and have the chance of not goin into the playoff and have us be set for the upcomin years rather then wait it out like Joe is making us ... I wish it was sept now :(

I like the way it is being played out . . . Brunell will start the season and Campbell will be ready to step in when/if Brunell goes down to injury. No sense in rushing Campbell into anything other than the #2 spot right now.

The team is stacked enough that he should not have to win games for us should he need to take over. All he will hopefully need to do is not make any mistakes and turnovers at that point. . . and hand the ball to CP.

I like the way it is being played out . . . Brunell will start the season and Campbell will be ready to step in when/if Brunell goes down to injury. No sense in rushing Campbell into anything other than the #2 spot right now.

The team is stacked enough that he should not have to win games for us should he need to take over. All he will hopefully need to do is not make any mistakes and turnovers at that point. . . and hand the ball to CP.

Yeah exactly, if Joe thinks Jason is the man for the job at any point during the season don't think he will be hesitant to pull the 36 year old out of the game - you couldnt' have expected Ramsey to be pulled after 1 quarter of play could you? Why would you think you know what he is gonna do this time?

CAN THIS SEASON HURRY ALREADY! Jason Campbell = will lead us to a superbowl victory!

Wow! All this before he's started his first regular season game? I don't wish to temper your excitement just wondering what you're basing your prediction on since he hasn't played yet in the regular season? Try something other than because Joe selected him and Joe Gibbs is God.

on redskins.com tv gibbs says jason looks great and he is everything we thought he would be and this will be a big year for him. i'm jumping at the thought of seeing him in the regular season this year....

not trying to be pessmistic here.. but what else do you expect Gibbs to say? ..even if he was not doing well the coach is not going to discuss it with the media.

I hold all my oppinions on Campbell untill the preseason in the very least.

CAN THIS SEASON HURRY ALREADY! Jason Campbell = will lead us to a superbowl victory!

Wow! All this before he's started his first regular season game? I don't wish to temper your excitement just wondering what you're basing your prediction on since he hasn't played yet in the regular season? Try something other than because Joe selected him and Joe Gibbs is God.

why? :o)

on the other hand - fine. I will try to do just that.

Jason Campbell is very intelligent, a necessity for success in this league.

Secondly, he is a fierce competitor; possesses the 'fire' needed to win. He has a year under his belt, which lets him understand the game, how to go about different situations, etc.

He has learned how to carry himself in the NFL with all the fame and money that is being handed to him, which will keep him out of trouble (maybe that part may have helped some of your team's members...)

And lastly, lets just think about this. Joe Gibbs has never just thrown a player into the fire, say, the way Eli was thrown in. Imagine if he had not had to be forced into the league. He may have been even better than he is now in a shorter amount of time. I feel that this learning experience for Campbell will help him bypass many of the misfortunes of a young QB thrust into the starting role.

So with that - I AM SO EXCITED FOR JASON CAMPBELL...yada yada yada

Seems like a perfectly valid reason.

Works for me. :cheers:

Secondly, he is a fierce competitor; possesses the 'fire' needed to win. He has a year under his belt, which lets him understand the game, how to go about different situations, etc.

He has learned how to carry himself in the NFL with all the fame and money that is being handed to him, which will keep him out of trouble (maybe that part may have helped some of your team's members...)

And lastly, lets just think about this. Joe Gibbs has never just thrown a player into the fire, say, the way Eli was thrown in. Imagine if he had not had to be forced into the league. He may have been even better than he is now in a shorter amount of time. I feel that this learning experience for Campbell will help him bypass many of the misfortunes of a young QB thrust into the starting role.

That's cool. Part of being fan is being estatic over your team and especially your young prospects. On the flip, Peyton Manning, John Elway, and Troy Aikman, just to name a few, played either their entire rookie seasons or extensively so there's no exact formula. Just aking if you should allow him to start a couple of regular season games before you place him in the HOF.

That's cool. Part of being fan is being estatic over your team and especially your young prospects. On the flip, Peyton Manning, John Elway, and Troy Aikman just to name a few, played either their entire rookie season or extensively so there's no exact formula. Just aking if you should allow him to start a couple of regular season games before you place him in the HOF.

i actually agree with you regarding JC. however, using a similar take, you are the guy with julius jones in your sig. what has he ever done to earn such an accolade?

not trying to be pessmistic here.. but what else do you expect Gibbs to say? ..even if he was not doing well the coach is not going to discuss it with the media.

I hold all my oppinions on Campbell untill the preseason in the very least.

I kinda feel the same way. What's he gonna say, "I saw Campbell today and, boy, did we screw up taking him."

Regardless, I think Campbell is gonna do just fine in the system. He's had a year to study under Gibbs & Co., and I can't wait to see him in the preseason. Gibbs has a hell of an eye for QBs. Brunell is the starter and I'm happy with him, but it nice to know that we have a very capable guy right behind him if the worst happens.

because Joe selected him, and Joe is greater than God. :notworthy

at least he shows more promise than the cowboy's future qb, who is he btw? :laugh:

Seems like you might be guessing here he has to play games before you can determine these things

Eli won the NFC East and lead the 3rd ranked offense in the NFL what a mistake by the Coughlin made throwing him in

Do you realize how stupid you sound? This thread is about getting excited that the coach, one of the best in the history of the NFL who has more football knowledge in his left nut than Fattie Mantitties, is happy with the way the 1st round QB is progressing. In an NFL filled with Canned Answers, you rarely hear open praise like that. And when it comes from a HoF coach...

I'm sick of JC being bashed as far as being "over-valued" by people, do I need to break out all the links to articles by ESPN etc. which rank JC as the 2nd best prospect and the most NFL ready out of all of them? I would only do that to defend us that think it is a little bit more than "God" talking.

:dallasuck :redpunch:

Campbell is a wild card at best. Time will tell. Last year, I don't know about you all, but he seemed to be a loner on the sidelines. While Brunnell and Ramsey seemed to chat it up, talk football and what not, Campbell would be far down the sideline looking like someone crapped in his cheerios.

Archived