Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What should I do?

Stephenva79

Well I got lucky enough to get my hands on a pair of lower level tickets for the Skins/ Cowpie game for a decent price. Now my fiancé (getting married in a month) decides it would be a great father’s day gift if I take her father to the game. Well that would be a great idea if he was not a Dallas fan. She told me that if I did this she would let us spend the money to go to two other games that I choose. What do you guys/ gals think of this?

Thanks

:dallasuck

Well I got lucky enough to get my hands on a pair of lower level tickets for the Skins/ Cowpie game for a decent price. Now my fiancé (getting married in a month) decides it would be a great father’s day gift if I take her father to the game. Well that would be a great idea if he was not a Dallas fan. She told me that if I did this she would let us spend the money to go to two other games that I choose. What do you guys/ gals think of this?

Thanks

Explain to her that it could really ruin your relationship. I don't know how diehard you or your father-in-law-to-be are, but, if you let something slip, then it can really resonate throughout your relationship. There's three things that you don't talk about with in-laws: Religion, politics, and football if they're Dallas fans.

Hard choice. I would base it upon how big a fan he is. If he is a diehard fan it could get ugly.

I passed up box seats last season b/c I would have had to go with a cowboys fan. Call me stupid but I couldn't stand the thought of it.

Of course I felt like an ass after we pounded them 35-7. Oh well...

Thanks

Let her know that you would like to get at least 5 BJs during sunday night games with no commitment on your part to satisfy her. That should seal the deal.

Oh and be glad the tickets are lower level you don't want to be seen with a cowboys fan in the upper deck.

come on guys, it's football. granted mentioning the word "cowboys" no matter what context it pertains to leaves a bad taste in my mouth, i'm sure taking your father-in-law to a game is not gonna cause him to hate you, or the other way around. in fact it'll probably get you two closer to each other. there's nothing like some healthy rivalry.

besides, he knows you're screwing his daughter, he probably already hates you :laugh:

come on guys, it's football. granted mentioning the word "cowboys" no matter what context it pertains to leaves a bad taste in my mouth, i'm sure taking your father-in-law to a game is not gonna cause him to hate you, or the other way around. in fact it'll probably get you two closer to each other. there's nothing like some healthy rivalry.

besides, he knows you're screwing his daughter, he probably already hates you :laugh:

hahahaha

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Thats awesome!!

I agree too. it shouldn't be that big of a deal. you're both men for gosh sakes. maybe I'm just being naive but I can't imagine it getting too out of hand, unless he's immature and/or stupid.

I'd say, go to the game with him, enjoy it, tip back a few :cheers:, get a little "healthy rivalry" going and at the end, thank him for going to the game with you even though you're a 'Skins fan. He should then realize you're a good dude, thank you and it'll be smooth sailing from there. Its especially cool if she agrees to go to a bunch of other games too. you might have to kiss his ass a little bit because of the outcome of the game though.:D

I see at as a win-win. You get to go to a couple extra games plus you get to enjoy that quiet walk back to your car with him knowing that he is stewing in misery. Maybe you can get his thoughts on who will coach the Cowboys next year.

take him. brownie points with the fiance's fam. with her, act like it's a hassle, thus giving you leverage to get benefits in the future (like the bj proposal from above poster which is superb). The 'skins are going to kill'em we all know, especially at home, so you're not going to have to swallow your pride. he will. be calm and cool after the victory 'cause you don't want to piss him off, you have to be somewhat diplomatic. give him a pat on the back and with a wink and a coy smile "you never know, perhaps next year will be different." he'll appreciate your humble attitude and class even though you're thinking "oh man what an ass beating! And no, next year it will be the same!"

Thanks for the hilarious comments guys. It sure made my slow boring Friday a lot more entertaining. So I guess I will be taking him. Should be fun watching us repeat what we did last year to them. I just hope I can keep my mouth shut after a couple drinks.

Thanks

Go to the game. So what if your father-in-law is a Cowboys fan?

Thanks

very tough call.

Is he a TRUE Cowboys fan?

Or one of these DC ****roach bandwagon types?

Big difference.

If he is a TRUEBLUE Cowboy fan then take him..im talkin the type that can recite their history, their HOF'ers, their SB wins/scores, the whole nine.......I can respect TRUE DIEHARD Cowboy fans but the fakes (we all know who they are) shouldnt be given a free ticket under any circumstances!

They will throw the Star on their chest, head, back twice a year.....right before Redskins Week...and if they lose...they hide behind the walls like the roaches THAT THEY ARE. If they beat us...then that justifies them rockin their gear more often....DC area cowboy fans are hard to come by these days...i havent seen any in a while.

Reconsider marrying her. I'm sure she is a nice gal with alot to offer...but to marry into a family that has Cowboy fans is a tough pill to swallow. Deep down she has probably been brain washed by her father, the same way we all do to our kids.

Think ahead my man...what will your kids be? How will they turn out? Don't do this to them. I knew a guy that was a Cowboy fan and he married a Redskin fan. Their two kids became Eagle and Giant fans. You really need to think this over.

She told me that if I did this she would let us spend the money

...and you're not even married yet :doh:

Seriously...I'm in a similiar situation, though we've been married for ~20 years now. My father-in-law is a Dallas fan. This is a no-brainer. Don't do it. She'll get over it and you'll go to a couple more games anyway! Good Luck!

yeh, depends on how rowdy he gets as a Dallas fan. As someone pointed out earlier, a true Dallas fan will be smart and talk decent football with you. A DC area Dallas fan will say stupid ish and be dumb the whole time. If he is of the first variety, and is a knowledgable fan, then it is straight in this circumstance.

i have only been to 3 games in my life despite being a diehard, one of those games was the convicts.... i was disgusted by the amount of blue in FedEx that day....i know you love this girl and you like me enjoy making her happy(with my wife). DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!! all skins fans should ban together to prevent as many nonskins fans from entering those hollowed halls as possiable.... paying out the ass for tickets, parking, and concessions just to sit by some Ahole running his mouth isnt my idea of a visa commercial. SKINS FANS IF YOU HAVE THE PRIVLEDGE OF HAVING TICKETS IT IS YOUR DUTY NOT TO BRING, SELL TO, OR GIVE YOUR TICKETS TO ANY BODY THAT IS NOT A SKINS FAN, AND DEFINATLY NOT A FRIGGIN CONVICT FAN!!!!!!!!!!!:soapbox: :rant: :redpunch: :dallasuck

Skins Law#1: Thou shalt not bring,sell to, or give thy tickets unto any unclean(nonskins fan)

PS:I' ll go with yah;)

Archived