Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sean taylor best young safety

lilg3307

Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, Roy Williams, Brian Dawkins > Sean Taylor

Roy? The guys that had a rule made after him? You realize that rule is because he was tackling guys from behind... i.e. guys kept getting by him (see santana moss). No one is scared that roy might hit them. All three of your top receivers have flinched when he's(Taylor) come near them... that is called intimidation. Polamalu freelances too much(this is mostly my opinion after watching him play several times), and dawk has lost a step. With mr. reed, you've actually got yourself an argument. :D

Roy? The guys that had a rule made after him? You realize that rule is because he was tackling guys from behind... i.e. guys kept getting by him (see santana moss). No one is scared that roy might hit them. All three of your top receivers have flinched when he's(Taylor) come near them... that is called intimidation. Polamalu freelances too much(this is mostly my opinion after watching him play several times), and dawk has lost a step. With mr. reed, you've actually got yourself an argument. :D

Yea I agree, Ed Reed is the only one I'd put above ST. I don't think I heard Polamalu's name called at all in the super bowl. He didn't do anything. Even though I'd put Ed Reed over ST, there is no one else that I'd rather have than #21 out there.

or best safety period, whatever works:)

Whoa Whoa slow your roll there buddy :laugh: . I think we're going to wait some more years yet before we can say the best safety period:D , But he certainly one of the best young safeties can't say he is the best because you have Ed Reed and Troy P out there but he certainly top three right now. Roy Williams overrated .

Roy? The guys that had a rule made after him? You realize that rule is because he was tackling guys from behind... i.e. guys kept getting by him (see santana moss).

While that's a cute thing to say, it's rather flawed logic. TO wasn't even being covered by Roy, Roy was in an over the top zone and the Eagles threw it right over Scott Shanle's head, Roy came UP for the tackle like he was supposed to and caught Owens as Owens made a move and headed for the sideline. Musa Smith's injury came as Roy came in from the side, on a RUNNING play when Roy came from the side/back. As far as Santana, yea he torched Roy. It happens to every safety. I distinctly remember Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton running by Sean Taylor like he didn't even exist, and it taking him about 30 yards to run down Julius Jones along the sideline (and having his head knocked back from the stiff arm). Northcutt toasted Ed Reed. Michael Jenkins flew by Brian Dawkins. It happens.

No one is scared that roy might hit them.

Oh stop hating. Physically Roy has more hitting power potential than any safety in the league with his rather quick feet and compact 230 pound frame.

While that's a cute thing to say, it's rather flawed logic. TO wasn't even being covered by Roy, Roy was in an over the top zone and the Eagles threw it right over Scott Shanle's head, Roy came UP for the tackle like he was supposed to and caught Owens as Owens made a move and headed for the sideline. Musa Smith's injury came as Roy came in from the side, on a RUNNING play when Roy came from the side/back. As far as Santana, yea he torched Roy. It happens to every safety. I distinctly remember Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton running by Sean Taylor like he didn't even exist, and it taking him about 30 yards to run down Julius Jones along the sideline (and having his head knocked back from the stiff arm). Northcutt toasted Ed Reed. Michael Jenkins flew by Brian Dawkins. It happens.

Oh stop hating. Physically Roy has more hitting power potential than any safety in the league with his rather quick feet and compact 230 pound frame.

Um...actually, physically Roy doesn't have more hitting power potential than Sean Taylor because Taylor is taller and weighs more. You want to argue with that, you're arguing with the laws of physics. Also, you're posting on a Skins board--so take your Roy Williams defense crap outta here....you're never gonna convice any of us that Roy is better than Taylor...ain't gonna happen. We've all watched Roy and Sean hit people, and Sean hits ten times as hard. It's not even close.

"It happens to every safety. I distinctly remember Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton running by Sean Taylor like he didn't even exist, and it taking him about 30 yards to run down Julius Jones along the sideline (and having his head knocked back from the stiff arm). Northcutt toasted Ed Reed. Michael Jenkins flew by Brian Dawkins. It happens."

did you notice that moss burnt roy twice with the same exact route??? he knew it was coming but couldnt do anything about it....i remember crayton "catching one" in front of taylor in that same game...

Archived