Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sean taylor best young safety

lilg3307

the willie parker hit is on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_HKiR15oPw&search=Sean%20Taylor%20Bad%20to%20the%20Bone

about 58 seconds into it

Sean Taylor is a good....no make that great player, the only FS I would take over him is Ed Reed. But I believe the tackle of that Eagles player at about 1:20 in that video was a 'Roy Williams tackle'.

Guys, the both hit really hard. We don't need quantum physics to determine this. Either one will knock you into next week. Whomever your a fan of, in your mind, is going to be the harder hitter. I watched both highlight vids and I don't see how anyone can contend that, without a doubt, ST hits harder than RW. Alot of the ST hits were well out of bounds, dragging/collaring a player down (what only RW is accused of), and alot of athletic plays as opposed to bone crushers. The Willie Parker hit was nice however RW has countless hits like that in his reel. RW brings the PAIN. All of you know this but you just can't break the ES code and admit it. I think they're both great young safeties who, if in the same secondary, may be the scariest tandem ever. Skins fans just cannot allow The Cowboys to have a marquee player without attempting to match us.. RW/ST J. Witten/Cooley.. I guess this is why they call it a rivalry..

Bump....just to show how badly we owned the cowboys fan in our discussion of who, by the laws of physics, hits harder.

Haha, by the laws of physics, Sean Taylor hits harder than Roy Williams.

I love it.

:D

Right now I would have Troy Palumalu ahead of Sean Taylor...

After this year who knows?

I think its exactly that "who knows" that puts Sean Taylor ahead of Troy in my book and this analysts.

Sean does not take "bad angles" on runs and can cover any WR Man to Man up the field. Roy is good strong Saftey, prolly HoF if he keeps it up.

I think everyone would agree that Sean Taylor has the ability to not only become one of the best Safeties ever, but redefine the position in a way few NFL players ever do. Roy williams is a lot like Jack Tatum to me, but there has *never* been a player who combines all the traits Sean has - and his effectiveness at such a young age is unbelievable.

edit: to those cowboy fans hating, and I'm not a Roy hater but a realist, have you seen the wonderful highlight films made by guys like Skinfanatic and portis&taylor? I suggest you do before you comment on ST.

Haha, nice try but that's wrong.

Momentum = mass x velocity.

By your own admission, Sean wears more (232lb v. 226lb) and runs faster (4.51 v. 4.52) than Roy. Thus Sean can build and carry more momentum into his tackles than Roy. Density has nothing to do with momentum.

Sean ran that 4.51 with a severely pulled hamstring. He is estimated to run about a 4.42-4.44

Good physics tho! :)

2:41 Hit on Alexander, head up. Alexander ends up 3 yards behind where RW hit him at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6AVkihYi8

ST hits hard, just not as hard as Roy.

First off, you obviously have yet to see a sean taylor hit vid. Roy is just Jack Tatum with better instincts. He did not really level a SINGLE player in that video without helmet to helmet contact.

If sean did that, someone would have died in the last 2 years.

Sean runs MUCH faster than Roy williams, he ran a 40 at about the same speed with a hamstring which some said was pulled and some said was partially torn. That is really sad if you think about it. Sean can run stride for stride with any reciever in the league, and does. He picks up guys like TO and Moss in Man to Man coverage on the regular and shuts them down. Between the 2 of them in all 4 of those games only TO scored 1 single TD.

QB's don't even throw near him anymore.

I think Roy is good, but he should be a Cover 2 Linebacker, I really think Parcells is holding him back. Roy williams is just like Derrick Brooks, really he should not be a saftey in a 3-4. Parcells is holding him back.

Sean Taylor is a good....no make that great player, the only FS I would take over him is Ed Reed. But I believe the tackle of that Eagles player at about 1:20 in that video was a 'Roy Williams tackle'.

Are you blind? Sean doesn't horse coller guys. He grabbed the shoulder pads not the inside coller of either the pads or the jersey. Look again. Or better yet go here http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152692

It has them in video format, and better ones. Watch the one called "Seasons"

You will crap your pants.

Ed reed is almost 28 years old, I would hope he is better than a 23 year old.

I again, say, Roy should be a Cover 2 Backer, one thing he is good at for a safety is shedding blocks, he has amazing upper body strength for a safety. But he is very very slow compared to Sean. More importantly sean has the hip fluidity and agility of most cornerbacks - which is really what makes him such a beast.

Archived