Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sean taylor best young safety

lilg3307

these comparisons are rediculous. RW is a girl. You can't compare the man-beast that is Taylor to a little girl like RW. Why do cowturd fans even come to this site to argue about crap like this? Go to your gay brokeback website and declare your love for RW.

Really?

Because the laws of physics say the highest densities are ones with lower volume and higher mass. Between 2 guys roughly the same weight, the shorter one has more density. Using the laws of common sense, there is generally a rule applied about 6 pounds per ince of height. Roy at 226 at 6' has a bigger, more compact frame than ST at 232 at 6'2 (since if Roy was extrapolated to the same height, he would be roughly 238). Height should garner more weight... it's common sense.

Haha, nice try but that's wrong.

Momentum = mass x velocity.

By your own admission, Sean wears more (232lb v. 226lb) and runs faster (4.51 v. 4.52) than Roy. Thus Sean can build and carry more momentum into his tackles than Roy. Density has nothing to do with momentum.

Haha, nice try but that's wrong.

By your own admission, Sean wears more (232lb v. 226lb) and runs faster (4.51 v. 4.52) than Roy. Thus Sean can build and carry more momentum into his tackles than Roy. Density has nothing to do with momentum.

When Runner and Tackler Meet

When our running back is moving in the open field, he has a momentum of 960 kg-m/s. To stop him -- change his momentum -- a tackler must apply an impulse in the opposite direction. Impulse is the product of the applied force and the time over which that force is applied. Because impulse is a product like momentum, the same impulse can be applied if one varies either the force of impact or the time of contact. If a defensive back wanted to tackle our running back, he would have to apply an impulse of 960 kg-m/s. If the tackle occurred in 0.5 s, the force applied would be:

F = impulse/t = (960 kg-m/s)/(0.5 s) = 1921 N = 423 lb

Alternatively, if the defensive back increased the time in contact with the running back, he could use less force to stop him.

In any collision or tackle in which there is no force other than that created by the collision itself, the total momentum of those involved must be the same before and after the collision -- this is the conservation of momentum. Let's look at three cases:

The ball carrier has the same momentum as the tackler.

The ball carrier has more momentum than the tackler.

The ball carrier has less momentum than the tackler.

For the discussion, we will consider an elastic collision, in which the players do not remain in contact after they collide.

If the ball carrier and tackler have equal momentum, the forward momentum of the ball carrier is exactly matched by the backward momentum of the tackler. The motion of the two will stop at the point of contact.

If the ball carrier has more momentum than the tackler, he will knock the tackler back with a momentum that is equal to the difference between the two players, and will likely break the tackle. After breaking the tackle, the ball carrier will accelerate.

If the ball carrier has less momentum than the tackler, he will be knocked backwards with a momentum equal to the difference between the two players.

In many instances, tacklers try to hold on to the ball carrier, and the two may travel together. In these inelastic collisions, the general reactions would be the same as those above; however, in cases 2 and 3, the speeds at which the combined players would move forward or backward would be reduced. This reduction in speed is due to the fact that the difference in momentum is now distributed over the combined mass of the two players, instead of the mass of the one player with the lesser momentum.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/physics-of-football4.htm

Part of finding mass is the density so if RW has higher density the he can possibly have more mass. Also if you look at the NFL draft pages of RW and ST you will notice that ST is .01 second slower than RW.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/williams_roy.htm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/sean_taylor

but per usual you will ignore this post since it doesn't give into the myth that ST is faster then RW. Simple physics (that we can do) cannot account for hits we see on the field. there are way to many facotrs involved, but one thing is certain ST DOES NOT hit as hard as RW.

When Runner and Tackler Meet

When our running back is moving in the open field, he has a momentum of 960 kg-m/s. To stop him -- change his momentum -- a tackler must apply an impulse in the opposite direction. Impulse is the product of the applied force and the time over which that force is applied. Because impulse is a product like momentum, the same impulse can be applied if one varies either the force of impact or the time of contact. If a defensive back wanted to tackle our running back, he would have to apply an impulse of 960 kg-m/s. If the tackle occurred in 0.5 s, the force applied would be:

F = impulse/t = (960 kg-m/s)/(0.5 s) = 1921 N = 423 lb

Alternatively, if the defensive back increased the time in contact with the running back, he could use less force to stop him.

In any collision or tackle in which there is no force other than that created by the collision itself, the total momentum of those involved must be the same before and after the collision -- this is the conservation of momentum. Let's look at three cases:

The ball carrier has the same momentum as the tackler.

The ball carrier has more momentum than the tackler.

The ball carrier has less momentum than the tackler.

For the discussion, we will consider an elastic collision, in which the players do not remain in contact after they collide.

If the ball carrier and tackler have equal momentum, the forward momentum of the ball carrier is exactly matched by the backward momentum of the tackler. The motion of the two will stop at the point of contact.

If the ball carrier has more momentum than the tackler, he will knock the tackler back with a momentum that is equal to the difference between the two players, and will likely break the tackle. After breaking the tackle, the ball carrier will accelerate.

If the ball carrier has less momentum than the tackler, he will be knocked backwards with a momentum equal to the difference between the two players.

In many instances, tacklers try to hold on to the ball carrier, and the two may travel together. In these inelastic collisions, the general reactions would be the same as those above; however, in cases 2 and 3, the speeds at which the combined players would move forward or backward would be reduced. This reduction in speed is due to the fact that the difference in momentum is now distributed over the combined mass of the two players, instead of the mass of the one player with the lesser momentum.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/physics-of-football4.htm

Part of finding mass is the density so if RW has higher density the he can possibly have more mass. Also if you look at the NFL draft pages of RW and ST you will notice that ST is .01 second slower than RW.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/williams_roy.htm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/sean_taylor

but per usual you will ignore this post since it doesn't give into the myth that ST is faster then RW. Simple physics (that we can do) cannot account for hits we see on the field. there are way to many facotrs involved, but one thing is certain ST DOES NOT hit as hard as RW.

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ST HITS HARDER---show me a video of Roy's hardest hit...link it to all of us...then we'll post ST hardest hit...it's really night and day. It's not even close. RW is an overrated slow-ass punk!!!

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ST HITS HARDER---show me a video of Roy's hardest hit...link it to all of us...then we'll post ST hardest hit...it's really night and day. It's not even close. RW is an overrated slow-ass punk!!!

2:41 Hit on Alexander, head up. Alexander ends up 3 yards behind where RW hit him at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6AVkihYi8

ST hits hard, just not as hard as Roy.

Part of finding mass is the density so if RW has higher density the he can possibly have more mass.

Sorry, that statement is fundamentally wrong. Everything before that (the stuff you copied from that site) is correct.

Determining mass does not require determining density. For our purposes (although this is not true in a real physics sense), mass = weight. The standard conversion is 2.2 lb per kg.

As the information you copied shows, more momentum = more "hitting power."

If we agree that Sean weighs more and runs faster than Roy, then we agree that he has more momentum and more "hitting power" when he throws his body into a tackle. As I stated before:

It's that simple. None of the stuff you copied from that website disproves that, and it shouldn't - this is just basic physics. Density has nothing to do with momentum.

Lastly, it's pretty well-known that Sean had tweaked his hamstring before running the 40. I don't think many people (even Cowboys fans) doubt that he's at least a step or two faster than Roy.

EDIT:

Just thought of something that might help clarify this for you. Take the example:

Super-Dense Man A: 50 lbs, 1/2 foot tall. (50 lbs = 22.73 kg)

Normal Man B: 250 lbs, 6 feet tall. (250 lbs = 113.64 kg)

CALCULATING MOMENTUM

Both run at 10 m/s. Using our standard momentum equation (Momentum = mass x velocity):

Super-Dense Man A: 22.73 kg x 10 m/s = 227.3 kg-m/s

Normal Man B: 113.64 kg x 10 m/s = 1136.4 kg-m/s

1136.4 kg-m/s >> 227.3 kg-m/s

We can see that even though Man A is much more dense than Man B, that doesn't affect the momentum calculation at all. Man B will hit much harder due to the sheer fact that he weighs more.

Sorry, that statement is fundamentally wrong. Everything before that (the stuff you copied from that site) is correct.

Determining mass does not require determining density. For our purposes (although this is not true in a real physics sense), mass = weight. The standard conversion is 2.2 lb per kg.

As the information you copied shows, more momentum = more "hitting power."

If we agree that Sean weighs more and runs faster than Roy, then we agree that he has more momentum and more "hitting power" when he throws his body into a tackle. As I stated before:

It's that simple. None of the stuff you copied from that website disproves that, and it shouldn't - this is just basic physics.

Lastly, it's pretty well-known that Sean had tweaked his hamstring before running the 40. I don't think many people (even Cowboys fans) doubt that he's at least a step or two faster than Roy.

Mass has nothing to do with weight. Weight of an object is just a measuement of the gravatational pull on the object. Mass is the volume of an object times the density. So density is important to determine.

also give me a link to him being injured at the combine or it didn't happen.

sacase you can assert that roy hits harder then ST and have a defendable position, even though I disagree but think its very close. But you cannot assert that roy is faster because you KNOW that is incorrect. Remember 40 times are not indiciative of top end speed which is how fast one goes at full stride, in that departement ST is unarguably faster. Im sure he would probably be faster in the 40 as well but I dont think it is as important.

sacase you can assert that roy hits harder then ST and have a defendable position, even though I disagree but think its very close. But you cannot assert that roy is faster because you KNOW that is incorrect. Remember 40 times are not indiciative of top end speed which is how fast one goes at full stride, in that departement ST is unarguably faster. Im sure he would probably be faster in the 40 as well but I dont think it is as important.

I think a better comparision would be to see a 10 or 20 yard time. since that is typically how much space a DB has to move before he hits someone. But top end speed has nothing to do with it since very few players ever achieve top end speed in football games. I am mearly pointing out that RW had a faster combine time so to say he is slow is crazy.

Mass has nothing to do with weight. Weight of an object is just a measuement of the gravatational pull on the object. Mass is the volume of an object times the density. So density is important to determine.

also give me a link to him being injured at the combine or it didn't happen.

Sigh. Mass has nothing to do with weight? They're directly proportional.

Weight = mass x gravity.

Here, read this site:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mass.html

Thank you---and another thing...Most of Roy's "hits" although they looked more like gentle nudges to me, were helmet-to-helmet or on some receiver who was completely unprotected. Notice how many of his hits occur near the line of scrimmage, the only place where he is effective.

I love how when no one has a good rebuttal to the topic, it goes straight to "HAHA we were in the playoffs last year!" or "we swept you!" It's rather, you know, irrelevant to the topic. You did sweep us, you kicked our asses, embarrassed us, however you want to describe it... congratulations.

Roy was creeping towards the middle of the field because another receiver was coming down the muiddle on the first TD, Aaron Glenn should've squeezed on the receiver rather than allow him to run freely into the middle of the field where Roy was not in position. For that matter, Glenn should've also made the tackle for the second Moss TD. But whatever, the past is the past and it won't change. Though it was a good demonstration about how much mere inches mean all the difference between W's and L's since Roy was damn close to both passes.

ST might be, hell probably will be better in the future, but he's not a game changer in the same sense RW is at this point. And this is with Roy being about as improperly used as possible by our idiot defensive coordinator.

Alright. I can't really argue with that. It's been so long since we've swept the Cowboys that I have to throw it in your faces once in a while. :)

Sigh. Mass has nothing to do with weight? They're directly proportional.

Weight = mass x gravity.

Here, read this site:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mass.html

Ok perhaps I should have said Mass does not equal Weight. They are not the same thing. KG = Mass though.

Now in your calculation if more dense man was as tall as less dense man he would hit twice as hard.

Sacase--time to brush up on Physics 101, my friend.

No skins4eva I do not. Weight (in lbs.) means nothing. Weight is a measuement of gravity. What was happening was swift started off talking about lbs then switched to kg. Different measurements. it means alot in physics.

Ok perhaps I should have said Mass does not equal Weight. They are not the same thing. KG = Mass though.

Now in your calculation if more dense man was as tall as less dense man he would hit twice as hard.

Ok, follow with me for a second.

On earth (where gravity is constantly 9.8 m/s), 1 kg = 2.2 lbs.

Thus:

Sean Taylor at 232 lbs = 105.45 kg.

Roy Williams at 226 lbs = 102.73 kg.

Momentum = mass[kg] x velocity[m/s]. Let's assume both run at the same speed of 10m/s.

Sean Taylor = 105.45 kg x 10 m/s = 1054.5 kg-m/s.

Roy Williams = 102.73 kg x 10 m/s = 1027.3 kg-m/s.

Presto. Sean Taylor has more momentum than Roy Williams.

...and that's assuming they run at the same speed. We all know ST is faster than slow-boy Roy :laugh:

I gotta grab some dinner. That should end this debate though. No hard feelings, but you're wrong on this one man. :cheers:

No skins4eva I do not. Weight (in lbs.) means nothing. Weight is a measuement of gravity. What was happening was swift started off talking about lbs then switched to kg. Different measurements. it means alot in physics.

I'm well aware of the differences btw mass and weight, but for our purposes here on earth, where gravity is constant, the difference is de minimus. If you want to compare Sean Taylor hitting people on the moon with roy williams hitting people on earth, then the weight/mass distinction would be relevant.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/newtlaws/U2L2b.html

Mass vs. Weight

The force of gravity is a source of much confusion to many students of physics. The mass of an object refers to the amount of matter that is contained by the object; the weight of an object is the force of gravity acting upon that object. Mass is related to "how much stuff is there" and weight is related to the pull of the Earth (or any other planet) upon that stuff.

The mass of an object (measured in kg) will be the same no matter where in the universe that object is located. Mass is never altered by location, the pull of gravity, speed or even the existence of other forces. For example, a 2-kg object will have a mass of 2 kg whether it is located on Earth, on the moon, or on Jupiter; its mass will be 2 kg whether it is moving or not (at least for purposes of this study); and its mass will be 2 kg whether it is being pushed or not.

On the other hand, the weight of an object (measured in Newtons) will vary according to where in the universe the object is. Weight depends upon which planet is exerting the force and the distance the object is from the planet. Weight, being equivalent to the force of gravity, is dependent upon the value of g (acceleration of gravity). On Earth's surface, g is 9.8 m/s2 (often approximated to 10 m/s2). On the moon's surface, g is 1.7 m/s2. Go to another planet, and there will be another g value. In addition, the g value is inversely proportional to the distance from the center of the planet. So if g were measured at a distance of 400 km above the earth's surface, you would find the value of g to be less than 9.8 m/s2. (The nature of the force of gravity will be discussed in detail in Unit 6 of The Physics Classroom.) Always be cautious of the distinction between mass and weight. It is the source of much confusion for many students of physics.

You must thoroughly understand the meaning of each of these forces if you are to successfully proceed through this unit. Ultimately, you must be capable of reading the description of a physical situation and knowing enough about these forces to recognize their presence (or absence) and to construct a free-body diagram which illustrates their relative magnitudes and directions.

Ok, follow with me for a second.

On earth (where gravity is constantly 9.8 m/s), 1 kg = 2.2 lbs.

Thus:

Sean Taylor at 232 lbs = 105.45 kg.

Roy Williams at 226 lbs = 102.73 kg.

Momentum = mass[kg] x velocity[m/s]. Let's assume both run at the same speed of 10m/s.

Sean Taylor = 105.45 kg x 10 m/s = 1054.5 kg-m/s.

Roy Williams = 102.73 kg x 10 m/s = 1027.3 kg-m/s.

Presto. Sean Taylor has more momentum than Roy Williams.

...and that's assuming they run at the same speed. We all know ST is faster than slow-boy Roy :laugh:

I gotta grab some dinner. That should end this debate though. No hard feelings, but you're wrong on this one man. :cheers:

Exactly.

Archived