Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bone's "Dirty 30" B-Day ***shark pic's included***

Bonef1de

Amazing pics! I've always wanted to dive in a cage with some "great ones". Hell of a way to spend your 30th. I think you've given me an idea for mine! :)

Happy B-day!

These are actually Galapagos Sharks...they stay about a mile offshore, but will still eat your ass. :laugh:

These are actually Galapagos Sharks...they stay about a mile offshore, but will still eat your ass. :laugh:

Well hell, I didn't think they looked like whites, but someone in the thread said something about them. Besides, dishing out a load of cash and "hoping" you'll get a good showing of Whites is dangerous. Regardless, I just want to be in a cage, and marvel at the greatest predator on the earth....Next to humans.

Well hell, I didn't think they looked like whites, but someone in the thread said something about them. Besides, dishing out a load of cash and "hoping" you'll get a good showing of Whites is dangerous. Regardless, I just want to be in a cage, and marvel at the greatest predator on the earth....Next to humans.

:laugh: I was trying out some self-deprecating humor when I referred to myself as a great white...guess it didn't go over so well...:laugh: :doh:

Thats some sick :pooh: !!!! Sweet pics.

Although I don't agree with the act of chumming up sharks in order to play with them (near shore) ..... I can't help but give you guys a :notworthy or two. Cool way to celebrate your big 3 - 0.

Thanks man. But explain to me how tossing a few bits of fish to the sharks is bad. We we're 2 miles out anchored to a buoy giving a few snacks to a realtively peaceful open ocean shark.

Tiger sharks account for 90% off all attacks on the islands and they prefer shoreline. But thanks man, it was the ****

Bone you ever dive the atlantic or Gulf of Mexico? The Gulf is really beautiful, if you ever have a chance take it. I wouldn't suggest getting out of a cage though.. The white tip, while rare will go after any human in the water. The Mako is hands down the most beautiful shark I've ever seen. Gotta be careful of the threshers as well, I've gotten quite a slap on the arm from their tales while in a cage, it didn't feel good ;p

Bone you ever dive the atlantic or Gulf of Mexico? The Gulf is really beautiful, if you ever have a chance take it. I wouldn't suggest getting out of a cage though.. The white tip, while rare will go after any human in the water. The Mako is hands down the most beautiful shark I've ever seen. Gotta be careful of the threshers as well, I've gotten quite a slap on the arm from their tales while in a cage, it didn't feel good ;p

I used to dive a lot in South Florida...but all I ever saw was Nurse Sharks, and I've never done the cage thing there. That's pretty cool that you've seen a thresher...I hear they are pretty rare. The boat captain at my old school was always talking about doing a blue-water dive, but it never happened. Take the boat out to some deep ass water, and then using a special rig he put together put like 6 divers down and just drift. He said you can see some seriously massive stuff that way, or you can see nothing at all. The thought kind of freaked me out though...:laugh:

Happy Birthday you crazy ****! :cheers:

Welcome to the over the hill club. It's not that bad. :paranoid:

Anywho... awesome pics! Is that really a great white? And what laundry detergent did you use to get the stains out of your shorts?

I used to dive a lot in South Florida...but all I ever saw was Nurse Sharks, and I've never done the cage thing there. That's pretty cool that you've seen a thresher...I hear they are pretty rare. The boat captain at my old school was always talking about doing a blue-water dive, but it never happened. Take the boat out to some deep ass water, and then using a special rig he put together put like 6 divers down and just drift. He said you can see some seriously massive stuff that way, or you can see nothing at all. The thought kind of freaked me out though...:laugh:

Actually saw three that day if I remember right.. We were about 2 or 3 miles off the coast of alabama. Been there about a half a dozen times always a blast. Closer to the coast you'll have your nurse and lemon sharks, little farther out you'll have a bullshark here or there, but it gets really interesting around a cage at mile 2 or 3. Never seen anything extremely huge but a fully mature great hammer head is quite intimidating up close.

Only real threat out there is the oceanic white tip, the mako, the bull and the thresher shark, they snap you on the head and you will be out cold, I swear I thought my arm was broken it hurt so bad. Mako's are more annoying then anything, they're good for a few stitches, since a Mako won't eat anything it can't swallow hole, they just come up and bite you and swim off, which sucks because they have huge ass teeth. The White tip however will more then likely kill any human it runs across. Don't run into many Bull Sharks 3 miles out though but you'll occationally see one and they're orny as hell too.

Sorry for my rambling I've always been fascinated by sharks ;p

Wasn't it the oceanic white tip that was responsible for eating all of the sailors from downed ships in WWII?

I think there was one incident where something like hundreds of sailors were eaten alive by a pack of white tips.

And speaking of white... here comes JRock... dim your eyes!!! :silly:

Wasn't it the oceanic white tip that was responsible for eating all of the sailors from downed ships in WWII?

I think there was one incident where something like hundreds of sailors were eaten alive by a pack of white tips.

And speaking of white... here comes JRock... dim your eyes!!! :silly:

There were many attacks on sailors during both World Wars, tiger and white tip sharks being the most famous culprits.

There was as ship.. The Nova Scotia that was sunk by the Germans. 900 men went into the water.. 190 survived a feeding frenzy of hundreds of white tips.

White Tips aren't known for swallowing anything whole. They are famous for being able to rip large chucks out of prey much larger then themselves.. I cringe at the thought of such a horrific scene.

There were many attacks on sailors during both World Wars, tiger and white tip sharks being the most famous culprits.

There was as ship.. The Nova Scotia that was sunk by the Germans. 900 men went into the water.. 190 survived a feeding frenzy of hundreds of white tips.

White Tips aren't known for swallowing anything whole. They are famous for being able to rip large chucks out of prey much larger then themselves.. I cringe at the thought of such a horrific scene.

I believe it was the USS Indianapolis.

Hell yeah it was a great white!! And I'm dangerous as a mofo!! :kungfu: :redpunch: :security:

:laugh:

That's allright... after working in the yard this weekend I have a farmer's tan from hell. Brown arms and neck... white everything else. My wife was actually laughing at me this morning... I have to admit, I look pretty ridiculous.

I was supposed to go to the lake this past weekend, but that trip never materialized. :( Oh well I'll get rid of it somehow.

Archived