Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I truly dislike CM Punk and can't stand he's the champion. I know I will get a lot of heat with for that comment, but my goodness he is lame. I DO like that this storyline is very refreshing- finally someone besides Cena HHH or Orton is the Raw champion. However, my motto is Anyone but Punk.

:laugh:

Can someone please answer me how he is over with the fans? Dude has zero charisma IMO. He has zero physique (and no he doesnt have to be like Batista to be good in my book- but he still has to have A body regardless). His stupid Pepsi tattoo and (I read somewhere) that the CM stands for Cookie Monster Punk. His name and the Pepsi tattoo are reasons enough why he is garbage to me.

Wikipedia or Obsessed with Wrestling is your friend. CM stands for Chick Magnet Punk (He was apart of a tag team back in the day known as the Chick Magnets). Yes it's a very silly name from an old gimmick of his but he was known by the name at that point and has decided to stick with it. As for why he's so popular, he brings that something special that was in the independant feds for quite some time.

"He has zero physique", I don't really look at wrestling for all that junk. That's part of why Vince's product is as horrible as it is now. Having a great physique does not make you a great wrestler, any long time viewer of Scott Steiner can attest to that. Punk is a techinically sound performer (Look for a copy or vid of one of the two hour long matches he's put on with Samoa Joe from Ring of Honor) in the ring and while he has not been able to show much of it yet in the "E", he has a great personality that comes through when he's a heel (which is something else that we have yet to see in the E).

I don't get the CM Punk allure either. I also don't think he's ready to carry the WWE as world champion yet.

Someone else will have the title by Summer Slam at the latest. It might not even take that long.

No doubt. I thought they were going to give the title to JBL last night. While I'm a huge fan of Punk, I think that he should have at least had a decent run with the IC title before throwing the World title belt on him.

Punk doesn't have a good way of getting people(the crowd) pumped for the Go To Sleep. He doesn't even do it the way KENTA originally did the move so it looks like a very weak finisher. I would be all for seeing him break out the Pepsi Plunge but that's not going to happen in the same fed as HHH.

I'd really like to see him do a take on a front flip piledriver. Most famously used by Petey Williams in TNA known as the Canadian Destroyer.. While not really a move that can be pulled off really fast which I said I liked, it can be done in a decent amount of time and is pretty damn cool.

Wikipedia or Obsessed with Wrestling is your friend. CM stands for Chick Magnet Punk (He was apart of a tag team back in the day known as the Chick Magnets). Yes it's a very silly name from an old gimmick of his but he was known by the name at that point and has decided to stick with it. As for why he's so popular, he brings that something special that was in the independant feds for quite some time.

"He has zero physique", I don't really look at wrestling for all that junk. That's part of why Vince's product is as horrible as it is now. Having a great physique does not make you a great wrestler, any long time viewer of Scott Steiner can attest to that. Punk is a techinically sound performer (Look for a copy or vid of one of the two hour long matches he's put on with Samoa Joe from Ring of Honor) in the ring and while he has not been able to show much of it yet in the "E", he has a great personality that comes through when he's a heel (which is something else that we have yet to see in the E).

Alright, deal, Chick Magnet Punk is far more acceptable than the assumed Cookie Monster Punk I once thought:laugh:. And I do agree with you that even though CM is an old gimmick that is still fine for him to be true to his name.

I agree, Scott Steiner- post the Steiner brothers in 96 and on was incredibley attrocious and not sound whatsoever. So Punk doesn't have to be Steiners' size. I have certainly seen him live numerous times in ROH- the early ROH, like the company's first year with Rob "I like little boys" Feinstein (SP?) as the owner- when Paul London, Punk, Chris Daniels, American Dragon, Samoa Joe, and the guy who is now Senshi in TNA- so I am very familiar with his matches in the past and still never saw myself rooting for him. I think what it is is that he has heel written all over him. I can only boo him that is why he'd be a great heel. I do see what you mean by him his loyal fanbase that followed him through the Indys and in a way he sort if the first real superstar that emerged into a champion from the Indys (modern day of course). Hell he became the World Champion in what, less than a year of being called up? Impressive.

Thanks for explaining why others like him. I still do not, but legitimately, thank you for clarifying brother :cheers:

I get where you're coming from. His push and eventual rise to this championship is well... forced. Normally this would get me upset but after seeing how Vince forced Randy Orton down our gullets, i figured that it couldn't hurt if Punk got a "Complimentary" title reign.

I saw somewhere that all RAW champs are under 30. This is true (according to Wiki):

-Punk's 29

-Kofi's 26? I think

-Dibiase's 25, Cody's 23

-Even Mickie James is 28

Funny how all that happens once HHH leaves RAW...:)

Hi guys. Longtime reader, newbie poster. I'm a huge Skins fan and love this board and saw this topic about wrestling which is something I like to watch. I understand those who don't like CM Punk but I'll say I'm a fan of the guy and really, who else can Vince turn to for a massive push nowadays with the Wellness Policy? He's never gonna get busted for roids or illegal drugs b/c he's straightedge (although he probably bangs a lot of chicks on the road). I don't understand people who think the GTS is a bad finisher. I watch RAW with friends who are big into MMA and they all think the GTS looks legit. He really looked like he nailed Edge in the face with it on Monday. I thought he'd have a problem making it look good on JBL b/c of JBL's weight but Punk got JBL up in the air pretty easily. I'll go on record and say I did like the Anaconda Vice better though.

AWA is on right now, on ESPN Classic. Greg Gagne vs. Larry Zbyszko. It's a real 'barn-burner'. :laugh:

Haha, good old Larry Z was money back in the day. I was actually a fan of his b/c he was such a good "annoying heel." Gagne was straight up awful though. Nepotism in wrestling at its finest.

According to lordsofpain.net, it's been exactly a decade (!) (quick decade!) since this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po1rLteMAvM

I feel old now. Damn I miss Monday Nitro. In those two hours you had a nice mix of wrestling. In the first hour you almost always got a great opener, a mix of indie/lucha and the mid card guys. In the second hour you got all of the good up and coming performers and headliners towards the end of the show. The only thing that got old with Nitro was the NWO obligatory run-in to kill the main event.

Don't know if these are posted already, but check these out. Maybe the best debut of all time. Start at 2:30- but its only 5 minutes long so do as you please.

And I miss this Chris Jericho, man of a 1,004 move...ARMBAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faaDz7p5X3A

ugh, I fail at providing links, its sad how much I fail...

I really do miss the old heel Jericho. He's trying to do the calculating, psychotic heel now and it's just not as entertaining. The only person that was able to pull that off was Jake the Snake.

Guest sith lord

Just a reminder, TNA's Victory Road is 30 minutes from starting. I swear, you guys should give TNA a chance. Their PPV's usually deliver as opposed to the overpriced, way overhyped WWE PPV's.

Just a reminder, TNA's Victory Road is 30 minutes from starting. I swear, you guys should give TNA a chance. Their PPV's usually deliver as opposed to the overpriced, way overhyped WWE PPV's.

Personaly I cant watch TNA but if anyone wants to watch it you can online at channelsurfing.net

I was at the last WWE ppv and it rocked

Guest sith lord
Personaly I cant watch TNA but if anyone wants to watch it you can online at channelsurfing.net

I was at the last WWE ppv and it rocked

So far, Victory Road rocked. Kaz made one of the sickest spots you ever saw.

Guest sith lord

Ended a few minutes ago. I thought it was a very good PPV. It had a cliff hanger ending.

On a sidenote: TNA PPV's have a late 80's/early to mid 90's WCW feel and look to them.

Another thing about TNA's PPV's, they take it right up to the 11:00 hour. You truely get about 3 hrs of wrestling.

Ended a few minutes ago. I thought it was a very good PPV. It had a cliff hanger ending.

On a sidenote: TNA PPV's have a late 80's/early to mid 90's WCW feel and look to them.

Another thing about TNA's PPV's, they take it right up to the 11:00 hour. You truely get about 3 hrs of wrestling.

I've watched several of their streams on PPV, I'll admit its a good product. I'd like to see them give WWE a run for their money. Only thing I notice about the PPV's is the good guys ALWAYS win it seems, I'd like to see the heel get the W, makes for better storylines and feuds