Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Guest sith lord
This is a bad move, TNA probably offered him pebbles compared to what he made in WWE. He needs to take time off and try to heal before he makes any decisions

Does he needs to heal or is that what the WWE wants you to believe? Besides, I doubt if he wrestles before they go primetime in November.

Does he needs to heal or is that what the WWE wants you to believe? Besides, I doubt if he wrestles before they go primetime in November.

I know what really happened with his release. I also know that he's a wreck and is pretty far from being 100%

I'm an Angle fan though, and will wish him the best wherever he goes

Guest sith lord
I know what really happened with his release. I also know that he's a wreck and is pretty far from being 100%

I'm an Angle fan though, and will wish him the best wherever he goes

Somoa Joe vs Kurt Angle should be classic.

Spill it.

Dammit I can't find the link, it's on www.wrestlezone.com though. Sure as hell wasn't sugarcoated like it was made to seem. It talked about things like him constantly leaving messages at the offices, a lot of which weren't even logical, he was constantly on meds, he was supposed to beat Orton at summerslam but had to job because he was taking pills that were not legal. He had a match with RVD where he dropped him on his head with intent to injure then blamed it on RVD....it was all kinds of stuff

that is confirmed he is NOT wrestling unti Novemeber

he will make appernaces until then however this is bigger than Hogan signing with WCW in the early 90s imo

Dammit I can't find the link, it's on www.wrestlezone.com though. Sure as hell wasn't sugarcoated like it was made to seem. It talked about things like him constantly leaving messages at the offices, a lot of which weren't even logical, he was constantly on meds, he was supposed to beat Orton at summerslam but had to job because he was taking pills that were not legal. He had a match with RVD where he dropped him on his head with intent to injure then blamed it on RVD....it was all kinds of stuff

there have been rumors floating for a while around the internet about things of this sort.

However, the most substantiated were his being rather dangerous with a few of his moves. It also wouldn't shock me to see that he needed some sort of medication, as when he was in the WWE for a while he was pretty banged up.

Either way, I have to say that it is a bit of a shock as it probably is for much of the WWE front office. I'm not sure what will happen at this point, because Angle is a decent draw. Vince will want to win in the ratings (and will) just because he is Vince, but their money is and never will be made from Television. It's made from people paying money to go see house shows... If TNA keeps picking up decent stars (and top of the line wrestlers as Angle is... actually, he probably is one of the top guys in the business right now, even if he is a bit on the shelf/out of it) then Vince will have to do two things. Up the envelope in his own shows (probably already going to occur), and then get talent (either raiding TNA or other indy wrestlers).

Raw's brand has enough to keep those house shows going, but the ECW shows and the Smackdown shows will suffer to the TNA roster. I've a feeling Vince will be calling pretty hard to get Jericho and a few others back soon. Wonder if Benoit will think about going to TNA (along with a few others) when or if they ever come back. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nash and Hall finally get more than a token call and some discussions occuring. the WWE might even give in to their desire to work less house shows.

The one thing I wonder is where this event leaves the WWE on contract negotiations. Angle basically had a "lifetime" handshake contract whenever he wanted it. So what's that say about their product? I can understand not wanting to go to ECW and being strong armed to straighten things out, but it isn't like he is going from mid card to main eventer in TNA. He already was a main eventer in the WWE. I'd argue, with the right push and work he would be THE MAIN EVENTER in the WWE still.

As for a discussion on TNA, they really still don't have the depth that the WWE can offer.

Their show and product is still poor. now, Angle gives them some respectability, especially with advertisers (he is a proven star and somewhat of a PPV draw) but they lack the top to bottom depth to put on much of a show.

if they want to improve the product, they're going to have to cut some of the dead weight they brought in at the start (Steiner, end of Nash's contract, and a few others) and actually compete for some decent developmental contracts. They still are missing out because the WWE can afford to pay some guy a developmental contract and stash the guy in OVW or wherever for a year or two without much loss. TNA can't do that. So they're stuck in a cycle of paying for either WWE castoffs who no one really wants, or overpaying for talent that has issues.

I know they've been putting up Samoa Joe, but honestly, in the WWE, he would be a midcard at best. Who is Angle realistically going to fued with? Sting? Jarrett? Those both could and would be AWFUL matches. Maybe a Christian fued. But that still is a poor matchup.

I guess just the fact that the entire TNA tv shows to this point have been god awful with no hope of getting better doesn't leave much hope. Sometimes throwing money at a problem won't make it better either. If Angle gets hurt seriously (his neck is still an issue) TNA is back to square one.

I don't even watch TNA. But if IT'S TRUE, DAMN TRUE, TNA definitely will have a new fan. Angle is probably the BEST there is out there. He can do it all (in-ring skills, mic skills, he puts others over & he's a MAIN EVENTER). A shame that he's not in WWE anymore. Since he has health issues, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. A neck injury is not something to mess with.

I don't even watch TNA. But if IT'S TRUE, DAMN TRUE, TNA definitely will have a new fan. Angle is probably the BEST there is out there. He can do it all (in-ring skills, mic skills, he puts others over & he's a MAIN EVENTER). A shame that he's not in WWE anymore. Since he has health issues, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. A neck injury is not something to mess with.

Well what this does is validate TNA to other wrestlers out there. If Kurt Angle is good enough for TNA, so is everyone else.

Well WWE everything isnt that rosey... During the WCW/WWF fued of the late 90's early 00's we saw some of the best Free Wrestling on monday nights...

With that competition WWE had to push new stars and better storylines, and actually a few times change the championship belt on monday night. Without that competition WWE has gone completely stale.

Honestly Do we need to see DX again? Is that all they got? Also parading out Terry funk, Mick Folley, RIck FLair, Hogan, and all the other old timers is just pathetic. And the fact that Vince McMahon has to be a major player in a major story line that is being rehased is Stale.

Maybe if TNA can put some heat on WWE... just a little maybe WWE might start imporvising again instead of relying on old stale storylines and wrestlers.

Also I love Angle, this will be the first time I even tune into a TNA show, so if thats an indication of how big this is then there ya go

Guest sith lord
As for a discussion on TNA, they really still don't have the depth that the WWE can offer.

Their show and product is still poor. now, Angle gives them some respectability, especially with advertisers (he is a proven star and somewhat of a PPV draw) but they lack the top to bottom depth to put on much of a show.

if they want to improve the product, they're going to have to cut some of the dead weight they brought in at the start (Steiner, end of Nash's contract, and a few others) and actually compete for some decent developmental contracts. They still are missing out because the WWE can afford to pay some guy a developmental contract and stash the guy in OVW or wherever for a year or two without much loss. TNA can't do that. So they're stuck in a cycle of paying for either WWE castoffs who no one really wants, or overpaying for talent that has issues.

I know they've been putting up Samoa Joe, but honestly, in the WWE, he would be a midcard at best. Who is Angle realistically going to fued with? Sting? Jarrett? Those both could and would be AWFUL matches. Maybe a Christian fued. But that still is a poor matchup.

I guess just the fact that the entire TNA tv shows to this point have been god awful with no hope of getting better doesn't leave much hope. Sometimes throwing money at a problem won't make it better either. If Angle gets hurt seriously (his neck is still an issue) TNA is back to square one.

Are you kidding? Ask anyone and they'll tell you that TNA, with their lack of depth, still put on better shows than the WWE. Yeah, Somoa Joe would be a midcarder in the WWE, that's why the WWE created a Somoa Joe ripoff and called him Umaga. But I do agree that the TNA should drop the dead weight. Guys like the "lazy" Kevin Nash to go.

News on Chris Jericho - This popped in my email box earlier this morning, apparently in Ashley Massaro's column she interviewed Chris Jericho and he was interested in coming back and said "I never planned to be away [this] long, and absolutely I plan on coming back."

Which is a 180 of what he said when he left.. He predicted he was done with wrestling, and was trying to become an actor or some such crap.. Now things have dried up for him on the outside it looks to me like he's "falling back" on wrestling....

A few things.

#1. Angle to TNA is good if they let him go against JJ and take that title away from him.

#2. Tonight I think DX is suppsed to go through some Gaunlet match. I think Cena comes in and helps them out.

#3. Jericho coming back would be awesome. Especially if he either formed his own stable, or joined DX also.

HHH, Cena, Jericho with Michaels out would be a nice DX. Bring in a smaller guy like Jeff Hardy, and a Hottie. You've got DX 3.0

Wow. That's all I can say about Angle going to TNA. This changes a lot of things for NWA TNA. As much as I would love to see Joe vs. Angle, I really want to see Angle twist Jarret into pretzel first. This move legitimizes TNA as THE contender to WWE and it will draw in a good number of WWE fans that didn't really have a reason to watch TNA.

Hmm, Angle vs Joe, Angle vs. Abyss, Angle vs. Low Ki....no I got the grandaddy of them all Angle vs. Norman Smiley. BOOK IT! :)

A few things.

#1. Angle to TNA is good if they let him go against JJ and take that title away from him.

#2. Tonight I think DX is suppsed to go through some Gaunlet match. I think Cena comes in and helps them out.

#3. Jericho coming back would be awesome. Especially if he either formed his own stable, or joined DX also.

HHH, Cena, Jericho with Michaels out would be a nice DX. Bring in a smaller guy like Jeff Hardy, and a Hottie. You've got DX 3.0

Trying to think what hottie would do the job.. Who would you pick?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vince was planting Angle in TNA. After all, he was helping Heyman, behind the scenes, with ECW 1.0.

I think Vince knows his product has been stale for some time & may not know how to spark it, other then the return of DX. And we've all seen how that has been going. I think Vince knows he needs competition. But he also knows he needs to stay a few steps ahead of the competition.

Guest sith lord
I wouldn't be surprised if Vince was planting Angle in TNA. After all, he was helping Heyman, behind the scenes, with ECW 1.0.

I think Vince knows his product has been stale for some time & may not know how to spark it, other then the return of DX. And we've all seen how that has been going. I think Vince knows he needs competition. But he also knows he needs to stay a few steps ahead of the competition.

Talk about your conspiracy theories. Vince hates competition, there's no denying it. If he liked competition, he would have never bought WCW and ran so many other promoters out of business.