Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Guest sith lord
Does anyone have the results from the Sting Title match? I hope Sting wins. I have always liked him . He has great finishing moves in stinger splash and the scorpion. he and Ric Flair had alot of great matches.

Very good PPV. Sting is the new world heavyweight champ.

PPV of the year? I don't know about that.

I've tried checking out TNA. It was a lot cooler when a giuy like Christian wasn't being given a push. He just never seems bigtime to me. Plus, Jarrett? Are you kidding me? And Sting? I'll pass on that.

Number one reason why I don't watch TNA.. Jarrett is at best a mid carder. He'll never take himself out of the title picture and in all honest he belongs no where near it.

Guest sith lord
TNA still seems low rent to me. They got a world of talent over there.. If they start packaging their product better, it could make huge waves.

You guys are way too used to the WWE. Last nights PPV was the PPV of the year. Now we'll see if RAW tonight is any different than RAW from the previous weeks.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=163578529

TNA BOUND FOR GLORY PPV RESULTS - OCTOBER 22, 2006

10/22/2006 by Matthew Boone

The following report was written by Steve Gerweck of Gerweck.net:

Live from Plymouth, MI

- Samoa Joe is in the parking lot waiting for Kurt Angle. (It was obviously a pre-tape, as it was shown at 7:30PM ET, and its dark in Michigan, yet, there was still day light in the video shoot).

- Bobby Roode cut a promo about all the managers he interviewed. He introduced his new manager ... Traci (Miss Brooks). A fan held up a sign that read "Nice Cans" for Traci.

A. Bobby Roode (with Miss Brooks) vs. Lance Hoyt. A pre-show match, officiated by Earl Hebner. Hoyt hit a moonsault, but was distracted by Miss Brooks. Roode hit the pay off at 4:00 for the victory.

They showed Samoa Joe surrounded by security and Jim Cornette who tried to talk sense to Joe, but he wasn't moving.

Back in the ring, Ron Killings came out and chased away Roode and Miss Brooks.

- Backstage, a midget arrived for the Kevin Nash battle royal. Joy!

- After show Don West hype, they showed Kurt Angle in the parking lot surrounded by security yelling at Samoa Joe.

- They showed the Fozzy video again.

Bound for Glory

After the opening promo, Kevin Nash dressed up and with a trophey in hand comes down to ring side. Austin Starr (formerly Austin Aries) enters the ring. Followed by Sonjay Dutt.

(1) Kevin Nash battle royal Open invitational. First two wrestle for one minute. Next in, Maverick Matt. After another minute, enters Jay Lethal. Next in, A1, followed by Zach Gowen. Then in, Kazarian. Dutt is gone. Sirelda has entered the ring, she's in next. A1 eliminted her, and then double teamed, A1 is gone. Next in, Sharkboy. Next in, Alex Shelley. D-Ray 3000 has entered the ring. Maverick Matt is gone. Johnny Devince enters the match. Gowen is gone. Elix Skipper is next. Short Sleeve Sampson enters, yes, a midget. Sharkboy and Kazarian are gone. Norman Smiley is in. Double wiggle, but Sampson and Sharkboy are now eliminated. Petey Williams enters the match. Slick Johnson took off his shirt, entered the match. He's already gone. Skipper is gone. Petey hits the Canadian Destroyer on Lethal, but Petey gets thrown out by Shelley. Starr elimated Devine. Shelley is eliminated by Starr. Its down to Starr and Lethal. Starr wins with a brain buster. Nash brought in the trophey and gave it to Starr. Nash hugs Starr, but Shelley wasn't impressed.

Backstage, AMW was interviewed by Jeremy Borash. They said they aren't looking past what happened to Gail Kim, as Kim isn't here tonight selling the injury.

- Outcomes Shane Douglas, who cut a promo.

(2) AMW vs. The James Gang vs. The Naturals (with Shane Douglas) vs. Team 3D. BG came out with a Detroit Tigers hat on, mentioned Jim Leyland, the Tigers skipper. Bubba Ray said Team 3D was the best tag team, but Kip James said he had two words for that, suck it. BG, during the match, also did the DX chop and said suck it. Team 3D wins by pinning Andy Douglas at 6:54. Way too short. Shane Douglas came in and slapped Chase Stevens and verbally attacked Andy Douglas.

- Backstage, Jeremy Borash was at Samoa Joe's door. Jake "The Snake" Roberts popped his head in and said to expect the unexpected.

(3) Monster's Ball match (no DQ): Abyss (with Jim Mitchell) v. Raven v. Samoa Joe v. Brother Runt. Jake "The Snake" Roberts is the special guest referee. Runt's gotee is red, and his hair is blue. Runt was thrown into the crowd by Abyss. Joe dives over the top rope and landed on his three foes. Fans chanted "Joe, Joe, Joe." Abyss chokeslammed Runt off scaffolding near the entrance ramp, and then dropped an elbow on him. Mitchell handed the thumb tack bag to Abyss, but Roberts brought in the snake bag. Abyss ends up knocking down Raven and Roberts, and spread out the tacks. Joe jammed Abyss face first into the tacks. Raven brought up a chokehold by Joe by hitting him with a chair. Roberts DDT-ed Raven. Muscle Buster by Joe on Raven and the pinfall victory at 11:08. After the match, Roberts put his snake on Raven!

- Backstage, Eric Young was being interviewed by JB, but Larry Zbysko came in and told him he'd see him in "Larry Land."

(4) Loser Gets Fired match: Larry Zybszko vs. Eric Young. A fan had a "Happy Birthday Eric" sign. Larry stalled before the first lock up. After a ref bump, Larry brought out a foreign object, but it ended up with Young who used it on the legend. Young wins in three minutes. A waste of time. Young celebrated in the crowd.

- Outcomes Jim Cornette. Believe it or not, Cornette noly has a voice. He says he is as sick as a dog, but wouldn't miss this night. Cornette said Joe and Angle have problems, but tonight isn't the night to settle it. Cornette said Joe can't get involved in the main event, or he'll be removed from the TNA roster. Outcomes Kurt Angle. Angle said he wants to kick some ass. Fans chanted "Angle, Angle." Kurt said "TNA is the best, screw the rest." As Angle speaks to Cornette, outcomes Samoa Joe. Angle and Joe tie up, but are pulled apart by security outside the ring. Joe broke away from security and went after Angle on the entrance ramp, but again, security pulls them apart. Fans chanted "TNA." Joe told Cornette to let him fight. Angle breaks away from security and goes after Joe until it is broken up again.

(5) X-division title match: Senshi vs. Chris Sabin. Lots of near falls. Senshi did the stomp at 9:30, but Sabin kicked out. Senshi hit the top rope stomp, but Sabin put his foot on the ropes to break the count. Sabin won with an inside cradle at 12:48. Sabin is your new X-division champion. Sabin and Lethal came in to celebrate with him.

- Backstage, JB interviewed Christian Cage. Cage called the fans in the arena losers. Cage put down Rhino's aunt's cooking, and put down the Detroit Tigers.

(6) Eight Mile streetfight: Rhino vs. Christian Cage. Match started in the parking lot. Smartly with the weather so cold, they fought in the backstage area. The two brawl atop a zamboni. Rhino hits Cage with a light post. The two continue battle through the audience, fighting into the hockey glass. Cage wacks Rhino with a huge 8 Mile street sign, then he spits on it. As a result, Rhino has been busted open. Cage hit an unprettier at the nine minute mark, but Rhino kicked out. Cage put Rhino into a straight jacket. Rhino piledrove Cage from the ring apron through a table on the arena floor. Rhino went for a gore, but Cage moved out of the way. Rhino went throught a table. Cage did an unprettier on chair, but Rhino kicked out. Cage placed the ladder on Rhino, and beat him with a chair. Cage finally won at 14:31.

- Backstage, JB interviewed LAX. Konnan said tonight Styles and Daniels are going to find out about thug life. Konnan also mentioned 'injuring' Gail Kim.

- Don West and Mike Tenay talk about the World Series program, and the TNA mention in it.

(7) Six Sides of Steel for the NWA World Tag Team titles: Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles vs. LAX (with Konnan). As West and Tenay hyped the match, ring crew set up the steel cage. West said between Daniels and Styles, they have held nineteen titles in TNA. Konnan handed Homicide a foreign object that he used to cut open Daniel's forehead. LAX poured Tequila on the busted head of Daniels. Daniels and Styles later used the object on Homicide. Styles jumped off the top of the cage and cross bodyblocked Hernandez, but Homicide made the save. Hernandez jumped off the cage, but missed! Konnan gave Homicide a coat hanger, who used it on Daniels. Fans chanted "This is awesome." Homicide scored the pinfall via the gringo killer on Styles at 14:35, allowing LAX to regain the NWA World Tag Team titles.

(8) NWA World Title match - title vs. career: Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting (with Kurt Angle as the special enforcer). Sting has new ring tights, and face paint. His trunks are red and black, and is no chested. He has red incorprated into his face paint. At his age, I'm not sure wrestling without a top is the best idea, but at least he doesn't have man boobs. Angle is stationed on the outside of the ring. At the five minute mark, Jarrett and Angle got into a shoving match. Jarrett went for a chair on the outside, but Angle grabbed it from him. Both went for a cross body, which left both laying. Angle came in and did the olympic slam on the referee, so Angle is now the referee. Scorpion death drop, but Jarrett kicked out at two. This isn't the best TNA main event, especially being this is their super bowl, world series, etc. Jarrett slaps on the figure four leg lock, but Sting reversed it. Jarrett slaps on the ankle lock, but Jarrett gets knocked out of the ring. Sting went for his bat, but Angle took it from him. Jarrett used the guitar, but Sting hulked up. Scorpion death lock, and Jarrett taps out at 15:03. Sting wins the NWA World title. Sting celebrated with the title belt and strapped it around his waist. Jarrett looked on as the PPV ended.

Guest sith lord
Not true. I've checked out TNA via tivo a lot the past few weeks. I think the storyline is weak, I think the top guys getting pushes are weak. It seems like their shows are in the same place everytime, with the same crowd. What? Do they film like 4 or 5 in a row?

They do tape iMPACT in the same venue but only 2 weeks worth of shows. But I disagree with everything else you said. Right now, LAX vs Styles/Daniels is the hottest fued in wrestling. That fued is like the oldtime fueds where guys really seemed like they hate each other. You can't deny, last nights PPV was better than this years WrestleMania.

They do tape iMPACT in the same venue but only 2 weeks worth of shows. But I disagree with everything else you said. Right now, LAX vs Styles/Daniels is the hottest fued in wrestling. That fued is like the oldtime fueds where guys really seemed like they hate each other. You can't deny, last nights PPV was better than this years WrestleMania.

Hell Yeah! LAX/Styles&Daniels reminds me of the Road Warriors/Ivan&Nikita and the R&R Express/Midnight Express fueds. Ironic as it is the Tag Team division in TNA got hot when one of the greatest tag team managers in history came to work for the company. Tag Teams in WWE haven't been good since the Hart Foundation and the British Bulldog's. Any one remember how many times Vince tried to rip off the Road Warriors till he finally could outbid NWA/WCW, and when he got them he ruined them.

Congrats to Sting. In name it was the first world belt he held and now he get's to have the strap Flair, Race, Rhodes and many other greats held. Great way to go out on top, I'm sure he'll drop the belt to Angle soon but... never the less he's an icon of the sport and he deserves it no matter what any newbie fan say's. Anyone notice he was in great shape, took the time off he had to get cut.

You guys are way too used to the WWE. Last nights PPV was the PPV of the year. Now we'll see if RAW tonight is any different than RAW from the previous weeks.

I'm not saying WWE is better or worse, but regardless they are number 1 by a huge margin. TNA needs to think about marketing a little bit. A little imagination and we'll have a new Monday War...

Until Vince buys TNA.

I'm not saying WWE is better or worse, but regardless they are number 1 by a huge margin. TNA needs to think about marketing a little bit. A little imagination and we'll have a new Monday War...

Until Vince buys TNA.

Jarrett is a lot smarter than you think, ya'll b*^ch about him putting the belt on himself but he's alway's doing it to put someone over or setup something big,ie Sting winning 1 more title which older fan's can appreciate. TNA doesn't go on the road for house shows very often and when they do top talent isn't contractually obligated. Eventually under this theory people who Vinnie Mac has screwed or people like Angle that can perform but just not 6 nights a week will come to TNA and it will get bigger. Things don't happen over night, Jarrett is building TNA like the promoters of the past, Cowboy Bill Watts, Lawler pre WWE, his dad, Stu Hart, etc. slow and steady till eventually it will have a niche following like ECW. Jarrett is not going to go millions into debt like Heyman to try and compete with the WWE. And He HATES Vince so I doubt he'll ever sell, so if he doesn't sellout corporate and have it sold underneath him or go bankrupt it'll never happen.

Anyone ready for a K-Fed/Cena fued, Brit can wobble her fat, outta shape body out and hit Cena with her gut and use the excuse "I'm Country"

the K-Fed thing was stupid. But people would care more about Orton/Edge vs DX anyday before a 3 man match with the top guys in TNA.

Sting? JJ? Christian?

Yeah they'd be all jacked up to see it and then they'd be bitter cause it sucked, I don't consider them to be top 3 they are the big draw names but not top 3 talent wise.

I will agree to disagree, never like WWE and never will. It's all gimmicks and who Vince wants to be a big star or who takes the most HGH to go from 200 lbs to 300 lbs. After characters with names like "Dumpster", IRS, and the way he ruined the legend of one of the greatest performers of all time "The American Dream" I cannot and will not buy into his garbage. I just can't get into whoever Vince wants me to get into. He's lucky WCW set him up for success with the nWo, and he had "The Rock" and his mic skills to pull the "casual" fan into his broadcasts.

I will continue to support TNA, and preach that TNA can't be compared to WWE because it's in it's infancy and hasn't had Hulk Hogan to sell merchandise and make the company rich for 20+ years to fund it's talent pool.

Now TNA vs. ECW different story, even though the Monster's Ball is a "original" ECW ripoff it pummells anything ECW put's out.

Guest sith lord
Jarrett is a lot smarter than you think, ya'll b*^ch about him putting the belt on himself but he's alway's doing it to put someone over or setup something big,ie Sting winning 1 more title which older fan's can appreciate. TNA doesn't go on the road for house shows very often and when they do top talent isn't contractually obligated. Eventually under this theory people who Vinnie Mac has screwed or people like Angle that can perform but just not 6 nights a week will come to TNA and it will get bigger. Things don't happen over night, Jarrett is building TNA like the promoters of the past, Cowboy Bill Watts, Lawler pre WWE, his dad, Stu Hart, etc. slow and steady till eventually it will have a niche following like ECW. Jarrett is not going to go millions into debt like Heyman to try and compete with the WWE. And He HATES Vince so I doubt he'll ever sell, so if he doesn't sellout corporate and have it sold underneath him or go bankrupt it'll never happen.

Anyone ready for a K-Fed/Cena fued, Brit can wobble her fat, outta shape body out and hit Cena with her gut and use the excuse "I'm Country"

Brillient post. You are dead on in everything you said but I'm sure most WWE fans wouldn't understand. And it's still beyond me how they can actually say, with a straight face never the less, that the WWE is better than TNA.

Brillient post. You are dead on in everything you said but I'm sure most WWE fans wouldn't understand. And it's still beyond me how they can actually say, with a straight face never the less, that the WWE is better than TNA.

Until Vince buys TNA.

Understanding this business is something I do... You "niche" fans have this fantasy that TNA is some how mystically different then WWE. It's pure and shiney and all that crap. It's not. It's like any other business, they are trying to make a buck, using the exact same story formula that's been around for years.

I for one am rooting for TNA to succeed greatly. The worst thing that has ever happened to this business is Vince buying WCW. Would love another Monday Night War.

Oh here is some news on the Kurt Angle Project.

If TNA fans were hoping Kurt Angle's presence would instantly boost the ratings and help iMPACT! move towards contention with ECW on Sci-Fi, this past week's number should certainly come as a disappointment.

The most recent show, which featured a Kurt Angle in-ring appearance, posted a mere 0.8 rating, which is essentially the show's norm.

According to Nielsen Media Research via PWTorch.com, the show opened with a .93 quarter hour, before declining to a 0.66 for the third quarter and then climbing to a .76 for the Angle appearance.

Ratings for the past two weeks do reflect some additional interest in Angle's signing, but it has thus far been far from a blockbuster.

Yeah they'd be all jacked up to see it and then they'd be bitter cause it sucked, I don't consider them to be top 3 they are the big draw names but not top 3 talent wise.

I will agree to disagree, never like WWE and never will. It's all gimmicks and who Vince wants to be a big star or who takes the most HGH to go from 200 lbs to 300 lbs. After characters with names like "Dumpster", IRS, and the way he ruined the legend of one of the greatest performers of all time "The American Dream" I cannot and will not buy into his garbage. I just can't get into whoever Vince wants me to get into. He's lucky WCW set him up for success with the nWo, and he had "The Rock" and his mic skills to pull the "casual" fan into his broadcasts.

I will continue to support TNA, and preach that TNA can't be compared to WWE because it's in it's infancy and hasn't had Hulk Hogan to sell merchandise and make the company rich for 20+ years to fund it's talent pool.

Now TNA vs. ECW different story, even though the Monster's Ball is a "original" ECW ripoff it pummells anything ECW put's out.

I agree with your post but the word about the whole "American Dream" gimmick with Dusty was that it was all about letting Dusty have a bit of fun after playing the road of head booker in WCW. Vince would got to Dusty time after time and say, "I bet you can't get this over" (refering to either the infamous polka-dot tights, Saphire etc) and Dusty went out there and somehow got these things over with the fans, time and time again. If you can find the American Dream DVD set pick it up. It gave a better perspective on that whole situation.

I agree with your post but the word about the whole "American Dream" gimmick with Dusty was that it was all about letting Dusty have a bit of fun after playing the road of head booker in WCW. Vince would got to Dusty time after time and say, "I bet you can't get this over" (refering to either the infamous polka-dot tights, Saphire etc) and Dusty went out there and somehow got these things over with the fans, time and time again. If you can find the American Dream DVD set pick it up. It gave a better perspective on that whole situation.

Dusty was alway's "The American Dream" the WWE gimmick was "The Common Man", but if you've seen the DVD and what you said was in it I'll take your word for it. The only Dusty gimmick I am down with is "The Midnight Rider"

And G-Prime if you think you understand the business good for you, I'm not a niche fan and have forgotten more about wrestling than most people know. I don't think TNA is "pure" I just don't like the WWE never have never will. I just appreciate something a little bit like wrestling was before. I was down with the UWF, World Class/USWA, Mid South, and even gasp.. The AWA. I remember lot's of good performer's that WWE made look pathetic: Terry Taylor/Red Rooster, Rick Martel/ The Model, Kerry Von Erich/ The Texas Tornado/ Ultimate Warrior, The Road Warriors/ LOD 2000. That's the reason I don't like WWE, to many gimmicks instead of letting the guy's put on a show with there ring and mat skills. And lastly I'm down with a good promo but not 2 hours worth of trash talking.

Rack me, I'm out.

Dusty was alway's "The American Dream" the WWE gimmick was "The Common Man", but if you've seen the DVD and what you said was in it I'll take your word for it. The only Dusty gimmick I am down with is "The Midnight Rider"

And G-Prime if you think you understand the business good for you, I'm not a niche fan and have forgotten more about wrestling than most people know. I don't think TNA is "pure" I just don't like the WWE never have never will. I just appreciate something a little bit like wrestling was before. I was down with the UWF, World Class/USWA, Mid South, and even gasp.. The AWA. I remember lot's of good performer's that WWE made look pathetic: Terry Taylor/Red Rooster, Rick Martel/ The Model, Kerry Von Erich/ The Texas Tornado/ Ultimate Warrior, The Road Warriors/ LOD 2000. That's the reason I don't like WWE, to many gimmicks instead of letting the guy's put on a show with there ring and mat skills. And lastly I'm down with a good promo but not 2 hours worth of trash talking.

Rack me, I'm out.

*kicks you in the nuts* ok got the racking out of the way..

Just as me I've seen just about everything from since 1980 on (I was 5 ;p).. Think is.. I haven't forgotten anything. Terry Taylor's gimmick lol, The mis/underused Barry Windham(WWF's Widowmaker). Rick Martel was great before the Model Gimmick.. Strike Force with Tito was probably one of the most underated tag teams of all time. Texas Tornado could of been big but too bad we'll never know. You really can't blame the WWE on the Warrior, they gave him quite a few chances and he screwed them up himself..

*kicks you in the nuts* ok got the racking out of the way..

Just as me I've seen just about everything from since 1980 on (I was 5 ;p).. Think is.. I haven't forgotten anything. Terry Taylor's gimmick lol, The mis/underused Barry Windham(WWF's Widowmaker). Rick Martel was great before the Model Gimmick.. Strike Force with Tito was probably one of the most underated tag teams of all time. Texas Tornado could of been big but too bad we'll never know. You really can't blame the WWE on the Warrior, they gave him quite a few chances and he screwed them up himself..

No dude I was talking about when WWE had Kerry dressed up as a Warrior knockoff for several house show's right before he passed away. Kerry didn't want to do it because his family promoted Warrior when he was "The Dingo Warrior" in World Class and he didn't want to disrespect another performer that he was friend's with.

But as for the Tornado, I'm saying Kerry didn't need a gimmick he was great without it. He didn't need it to beat Flair in 83 or 84.

Just for the record I to started watching at age 5, when an older kid in my 'hood showed me a copy of Mr Wrestling II on the cover in 1982. Man I wish I had the 10 years worth of PWI, Inside Wrestling and The Wrestler that I bought.

Also I hate dramatic pause Jim Rome.

No dude I was talking about when WWE had Kerry dressed up as a Warrior knockoff for several house show's right before he passed away. Kerry didn't want to do it because his family promoted Warrior when he was "The Dingo Warrior" in World Class and he didn't want to disrespect another performer that he was friend's with.

But as for the Tornado, I'm saying Kerry didn't need a gimmick he was great without it. He didn't need it to beat Flair in 83 or 84.

Just for the record I to started watching at age 5, when an older kid in my 'hood showed me a copy of Mr Wrestling II on the cover in 1982. Man I wish I had the 10 years worth of PWI, Inside Wrestling and The Wrestler that I bought.

Also I hate dramatic pause Jim Rome.

I started watching because my Grand Father loved Dusty Rhodes. I was raised on NWA. Yeah sorry guess I absorbed the paragraph and picked out the names and didn't read it fully in context. Regardless, we lost out on years more of great Wrestling when Kerry died =(.