Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

News on Chris Jericho - This popped in my email box earlier this morning, apparently in Ashley Massaro's column she interviewed Chris Jericho and he was interested in coming back and said "I never planned to be away [this] long, and absolutely I plan on coming back."

Which is a 180 of what he said when he left.. He predicted he was done with wrestling, and was trying to become an actor or some such crap.. Now things have dried up for him on the outside it looks to me like he's "falling back" on wrestling....

That has been floating around for a while. Especially since his "ebaums world" clip show has basically been canned. He has been working on that for a while, and probably is a pretty big setback to see it get trashed pretty easily after a long setup time.

As for the person who said that TNA's shows are pretty good, I'd have to disagree. Look, the premise under TNA is smart with the Xdivision. They might have the better wrestlers (other than say, Benoit or a few of the other good workers buried in WWE), but the problem is they have nothing to go on. AJ Styles is a good talent, but the guy has zippy main stream exposure. The people who know him are Wrestling Marks and Internet Fans. Or people who have been watching WCW or ECW or the old shows religiously. This primetime show will help to give some new wrestlers they want to push more exposure and hope to make them a better draw, but I find it funny they're only getting put on Thursday. They can beat Smackdown, because Smackdown is basically TNA minus a wrestler or two who can work the mic. However, TNA's shows they put on are boring. As long as Jarrett is highly involved at the top, they will continue to be so. Not only is he not a good wrestler, he won't give up the top status easily... It's almost a gurantee whenever Angle comes in, he fights Jarrett for 2-3 months at least.

Who wants to see that garbage? Angle will only make it so entertaining himself. I enjoy watching Angle, but he can only carry so much midcard talent to the next level.

Oh, and for the conspiracy theories, they probably aren't true. TNA is smarter than that. If Vince wanted to shut them down, he would just buy out their indy stars and other contracts. It would cost him money, but it'd be feasible.

Oh, one more thing. The whole issue of making money on wrestling is the fact that Wrestling makes their money through HIGH PPV sales (very high sales) and the more importantly getting people to shell out 40 bucks to go see a house show.

TNA still has a long way to go before they're competitive in the House show arena (heck they don't even go out there much at all... and their money isn't based on that). If TNA starts touring a bunch, then the WWE will have something to worry about.

Guest sith lord
That has been floating around for a while. Especially since his "ebaums world" clip show has basically been canned. He has been working on that for a while, and probably is a pretty big setback to see it get trashed pretty easily after a long setup time.

As for the person who said that TNA's shows are pretty good, I'd have to disagree. Look, the premise under TNA is smart with the Xdivision. They might have the better wrestlers (other than say, Benoit or a few of the other good workers buried in WWE), but the problem is they have nothing to go on. AJ Styles is a good talent, but the guy has zippy main stream exposure. The people who know him are Wrestling Marks and Internet Fans. Or people who have been watching WCW or ECW or the old shows religiously. This primetime show will help to give some new wrestlers they want to push more exposure and hope to make them a better draw, but I find it funny they're only getting put on Thursday. They can beat Smackdown, because Smackdown is basically TNA minus a wrestler or two who can work the mic. However, TNA's shows they put on are boring. As long as Jarrett is highly involved at the top, they will continue to be so. Not only is he not a good wrestler, he won't give up the top status easily... It's almost a gurantee whenever Angle comes in, he fights Jarrett for 2-3 months at least.

Who wants to see that garbage? Angle will only make it so entertaining himself. I enjoy watching Angle, but he can only carry so much midcard talent to the next level.

Oh, and for the conspiracy theories, they probably aren't true. TNA is smarter than that. If Vince wanted to shut them down, he would just buy out their indy stars and other contracts. It would cost him money, but it'd be feasible.

For their budget, to me, they put on great shows on average. I'm switching back and forth from Monday Night Football and RAW as I type this and this weeks RAW couldn't hold a candle to last weeks iMPACT. This weeks RAW has to be one of the worse RAWS in recent memory.

Guest sith lord
What time and what day and network is TNA on? I would like to see Sting wrestling again. I hated when he left when WCW was sold. I see Eric Bischoff was in the ring tonight at Raw telling about his new book.

11:00 pm on Thurday nights, but it moves to 9:00 pm on Thurday, November 16.

For their budget, to me, they put on great shows on average. I'm switching back and forth from Monday Night Football and RAW as I type this and this weeks RAW couldn't hold a candle to last weeks iMPACT. This weeks RAW has to be one of the worse RAWS in recent memory.

Raw and Smackdown have been terrible for awhile. I haven't watched wrestling consistently since early 2005.

Here's a quote from Kurt Angle regarding TNA.. Some of you will probably get a kick out of it, I think it's a slap in the face to the WWE. He wasn't always the most easily marketable guy but they stuck with him. I dunno there's probably more I don't know about it all.

“Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise – not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time – but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the “real” back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don’t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do – real wrestling – and that’s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It’s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That’s real…that’s damn real.”

Considering their budget and lack of Television exposure, TNA has put on better shows the past 5 to 6 months than anything on WWE tv. Why I don't like the turn TNA has taken with their heavyweight division and their constant need to put a title on a big name that comes over from another fed, I have been happy with the work rate on their weekly shows and PPVs. Hell if people thought the way you did, ROH would be considered garbage wrestling.

I think they should use the Cena vs. Booker angle to do away with the split roster thing. There isn't enough talent for two seperate shows. :2cents:

I'm definately miffed they didn't do a draft this year.. I thought it was great that talent gets swapped around for a year maybe more.

They did the lottery draft this year for a few of the wrestlers. Cena was drafted by Raw. Batista was drafted by Smackdown. RVD and Carlito were drafted by Raw. A few others switched as well. Thanks Sith for telling me the Channel and time for TNA. Spike tv at 11 pm is that correct?

d00d... that was a year and a half ago lol

I'm so sick of seeing him geezer around.. He should be put back in the manager role.

No :pooh:. I am one of the biggest Nature Boy marks out there and I felt that he should have been doing the J.J. Dillon thang after he had his run of matches against today's stars a few years back (when he feuded with Rock, Austin and a few others). Vince isn't going to put another World Championship on him before he retires, so why continue to wrestle? His skills are better suited trying to as the mouth piece for somebody that has absolutely no mic skills (Chris Masters).