Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make Like A Tree, And Get Outta Here.

Extreme

My all-time favorite: "I could care less".

It's "I COULDN'T care less".

If you say that you could care less, then you're telling people that there are other things that you care less about.

I heard it said that the "could care less" version is intended to be sarcastic.

Listen to Coach Thompson and Doc Walker in afternoon drive sometime. Those two'll slay more old saws and mix more metaphors in two hours than you can shake all the tea on a warthog at.

Thompson says "in the same token", I always heard it said as "by the same token". He has more but I can't hink of any right now.

Dan

On more than one occasion I've said "brain scientist" - mixing rocket scientist and brain surgeon.

I intentionally say "rocket scientry" as my own form of mixing it. But it's intentional when I do it :)

Oh, I do know one that I messed up on the fly in 10th grade. I was saying something in poli sci class and my teacher asked if I wanted to share my opinion with everyone.

To which I replied, "Nah, I don't want to shed my wisdom on this one." As soon as he said, "you're not gonna shed your wisdom, huh?" I figured out my gaffe. But I went with it anyways with a smile. Hell, might as well act like you made up a new phrase.

Archived