Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

this years top five skins

dadirtbags

what players would you say are our top five players within this years roster? I have to admit...It's kind of tough....I personally think our team looks great across the board...but I will take a poke at it....

1) Clinton Portis

2) Sean Taylor

3) Santana Moss

4) C Samuels

5) Marcus Washington

next five

6) Randle El

7) Jon Jansen

8) S Springs

9) A Archuleta

10) Cornelius Griffin

1.) Clinton Portis

2.) Marcus Washington

3.) Brandon Lloyd

4.) Sean Taylor

5.) Carlos Rogers

6.) Andre Carter

I believe Moss will not get the #'s he had last year and will be doubled for most of the year. He will still break 1,000 yards; however, Brandon Lloyd will be unbelievable!!!!

what players would you say are our top five players within this years roster? I have to admit...It's kind of tough....I personally think our team looks great across the board...but I will take a poke at it....

1) Clinton Portis

2) Sean Taylor

3) Santana Moss

4) C Samuels

5) Marcus Washington

next five

6) Randle El

7) Jon Jansen

8) S Springs

9) A Archuleta

10) Cornelius Griffin

How did Cooley not make your top 10?

1. Portis: With Saunders here I expect him to dominate

2. Washington: Just a pure beast whom I expect to continue playing at a Pro-Bowl level

3. Cooley: Saunders will bring out the absolute best of Cooley

4. Griffin: The addition of Carter on the line will give Griffin fewer double teams leading to more sacks

5. Ahhhh, how do I narrow it down!?!?!?!?!........Rogers: I think that QBs are gonna target his side and Rogers will make them pay for it with INTs. He is able to gamble a little bit because of the speed our safeties have.

Notable exclusions

Moss: Saunders WRs haven't really had massive seasons and last year the more teams focused on Moss his numbers really declined. I think teams are gonna focus more on him beacause of his game breaking ability and let Lloyd get his catches

Taylor: He is an absolute beast, but he still has trouble taking bad angles. Also makes some really dumb decisions on the field occassionally. I really don't know why I left him off the list, maybe I am retarded.

Our O-Line: The O-line works as a unit and if one link breaks the whole chain breaks. Therefore it is difficult to single out any one lineman for the top 5.

Springs: Solid lock-down corner that doesn't get the INTs to put him in the top 5.

1. Sean Taylor- Finally makes a probowl and puts it all together

2. Marcus Washington- Becomes a more imporant part of the defense without lavar there

3. Clinton Portis- Is going to have a monster year

4. Andre Carter- Really not gonna get much attention at first, our most underrated free agent signing

5. Either Brunell or Campbell- Whoever starts is gonna thrive with all the weapons around them and lead us back to the playoffs

:helmet: :helmet:

I'll take a shot:

1. Sean Taylor

2. Clinton Portis

3. Marcus Washington

4. Santana Moss

5. Jon Jansen

And, for good measure:

6. Chris Samuels

7. Randy Thomas

8. Cornelius Griffen

9. Shawn Springs

10. Carlos Rogers

My criteria for picking this list was basically who, if lost to injury (or, gulp, legal problems) for the season would worry me most about the team. For this reason, you don't see any of the secondary receiving options because I believe we now have enough depth there (Cooley, ARE, Lloyd) that if 1 goes down Saunders will cover up and get by just fine, while you do see both corners because I think if Wright is starting we're in more trouble. Same reason you see three O-line and only 1 D-line, I just feel our D-line (and linebackers, for that matter) are significantly deeper now than our O-line. Finally, a similar point at QB, because I think that while losing Brunell would hurt Campbell would step in and not be that big a downgrade at this point (although I may have to adjust that after seeing him in preseason, if he scares me, Brunell may move into my top 3 real quick).

Finally, my main point. Anyone without ST in their top 5 just wasn't paying attention last year. He was THE difference maker in our D, as proven by the difference in play with him in and with him out--it was night and day. ST is a beast and makes our D go from okay (last year, okay at best) to one of the most dominant D's in the league.

Wow ... not picking a QB in the first 5 ... indicates the team is in serious trouble. Here is my list:

1. Jason Campbell

2. Kedrick Golson

3. Derek Dockery

4. Jess Lumsden

5. Buck Ortega

wow! your list needs a little work.........

With Saunders and the offensive fire power added, the ball will be spread out way more this season. If Brunell goes down, Collins and Campbell will do fine. The result on my list has QB's and WR's dropping.

1. Cornelius Griffen

2. Shawn Springs

3. Jon Jansen

4. Marcus Washington

5. Chris Samuels

-

6. Clinton Portis

7. Sean Taylor

8. Philip Daniels

9. Santana Moss

10. Carlos Rogers

That's right, a lot of defense.

Hey, we all know DWinzit

Wow ... not picking a QB in the first 5 ... indicates the team is in serious trouble. Here is my list:

1. Jason Campbell

2. Kedrick Golson

3. Derek Dockery

4. Jess Lumsden

5. Buck Ortega

Why did you put our back-up QB as the #1 player on the team? :whoknows:

My list:

1. Marcus Washington

2. Sean Taylor

3. Clinton Portis

4. Mark Brunell

5. Carlos Rogers