Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

this years top five skins

dadirtbags

Top 5 easily are...

1)Sean Taylor=We THOUGHT Arrington was going to be the guy that changes games and basically change what the offense does ala..(Lawrence Taylor),Taylor has whatever "IT" is...!He pretty much won the Eagles finale by returning a fumble for a TD and then does it again the next week in Tampa...(both for T.D's)If we can keep him out of jail,he will be the dominant force we have been lacking on defense since Dexter Manley!Any player like Sean Taylor who commands respect from the deep ball,to truck like impacts that can turn any opponents offensive drive to a Redskins TD is gotta be #1 on the list!

#2)Santana Moss=When he catches the ball,I pretty much go into Ahh mode everytime...We haven't had a reciever like this since Gary Clark or Ricky Sanders(pick your poison)But it has been badly needed for quite some time now...It's just unfortunate,we didn't have anything to compliment him at all with the exception to Cooley...Not only does he bring a weapon of great importance with his speed,but he keeps the defenses from keying on the running game which is Gibbs bread and butter...Without Moss on this team including all the current FA pickups in the offseason,I'm not sure we make the playoffs?With him?I know we will!People should be more afraid of moss before TO!JMO?

#3)Chris Cooley=Have we ever had a Guy like this guy?Don't even mention Warren,Didier...!They were very good football players,but Cooley is sick!Talent wise that is...If Al Saunders uses an already good TE/H-back in cooley like he did with Tony Gonzales,Then Cooley at #3 won't sound so crazy as you all may be thinking right now...This guy just want's to play football!Simple!Oh...An he's the most underated player on the team...You key on portis...you key on Moss...you key on Lloyd or El,then all of sudden,Cooley is in the right hand corner of the endzone with the football!Oh....And has he actually ever dropped the football when thrown to him?Seriously?

#4)Cornelius Griffin=When he went out last year for a couple of games w/injury and our Defense started suckin'....That should have been a good sign of how important he was to this football team...The man commands and DEmands double teams by every team in the league...The Giants may have got a good one in Pierce,but it will never compare to what Griffin has and will do to this franchise...By far the best DT we have had since Butz(nobody is better than Butz...it's just not possible!)It will be real interesting to see what damage Griffin can do,with an Andre Carter on the line to help him....I see Griffin with double digit sacks this year...!That or Andre Carter will have double digit sacks...Total beast!

#5)Clinton Portis=Last but certainly not least is the Character of Characters...!Mr. Portis...I am really impressed with the way he has transitioned his game from slasher to power runner in a gibbs style system in such a short period of time...He's like Bobby Mitchell (when he was a RB) and an Earnest Byner all wrapped into one...And he is starting to get the nod more for recieving routes as he has shown his ability to catch the ball...He might also be the best blocking RB in the league as well...He's truly turning into an all around back and if we can get this offense to open up just a little bit,he will run wild!I can easily see him get 2000 yards even though that's not easy!Specially if the Saunders/Gibbs merge is ready to go by kickoff!He is truly the engine that keeps this team a contender for a division title and I hope he can continue his lockerroom leadership that has been GONE since Gibbs left the first go round!Not sure if we can win the superbowl without Portis!

dirtbags, randle el is too high on your list.

yea ...i dont know....for some reason im going with my heart with this one....I think this coaching staff loves what randle El will be able to offer to this team. I dropped Cooley off my top 10 because I think he will lose touches due to the additions of ARE and BL as well as Santana. I think overall we have one of the best WR groups in the league now..... I think all three will be tough to stop.... I just see ARE coming up big this upcoming season...I think he wasn't used to his potential in Pitt due to the run first mentality. I foresee El having a very good year his first year as a skin.

1. Portis - what more can you say about him, just a great football player.

2. Moss - showed last year he is an elite WR

3. Washington - great player and leader

4. Thomas - he was absolutely robbed of the Pro Bowl last year. At times the most dominant player on the field last year, particularly down the stretch before he broke his leg. This guy is amazing!

5. Taylor - just amazing, I hope he doesn't go to jail!

this isn't possible for a couple of reasons.....mainly being, the season hasn't started, what if none of these guys do anything, or all get hurt knock on wood? i remember how great we were in 2000.....ON PAPER. names mean nothing, production means everything.

Tough list.

In order

1. Clinton Portis

2. Sean Taylor

3. Marcus Washington

4. Santana Moss

5. Jon Jansen

Just missed (kind of in order)

- Andre Carter

- Chris Cooley

- Mark Brunell

- Carlos Rogers

- Randy Thomas

- Adam Archuleta

- Lemar Marshall

- Chris Samuels

- Cornelius Griffin

- Brandon Lloyd

- Antwaan Randel El

1.CP

2.ST

3.Marcus Washington

4.Chris Cooley

5.Andre Carter

note. You might want to add Todd Collins at the end. i believe that he will make the difference for the QB's even though he won't see the field. He is the only QB that knows the system.

Archived