Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 4 NFC East -- Head Coaches (2006)

ouvan59

Is the Comprehensive Bill in the Senate a Temporary Guest Worker Program?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the Comprehensive Bill in the Senate a Temporary Guest Worker Program?

• Yes
    • No

For whatever it's worth, while temporarily removing my own opinion, ESPN recently did one of the greatest lists involving coaches and they had Parcells ranked higher than Gibbs. So outside of ES land it's not such a slam dunk. I have tons of respect for Gibbs but winning not one but two SB's in strike shortened seasons does taint his accomplishments if only slightly. It could be argued that Parcells going to 3 SB's winning two and taking 4 different teams to the playoffs trumps Gibbs? Everyone will have their opinions though

Parcells.......turned too many franchises around not to call him the best. Its really not all that close
Quit being Homers.

:laugh: That was rich. WOU - you have officially taken Westbrook's crown as biggest homer on the board. You actually have an argument for Parcells, but to say its not even close?? Come on now. That's ridiculous.

:laugh: That was rich. WOU - you have officially taken Westbrook's crown as biggest homer on the board. You actually have an argument for Parcells, but to say its not even close?? Come on now. That's ridiculous.

Anyone who doesn't bow down and realize the greatness of the Skins and Gibbs is a homer in your eyes. I love it. :laugh:

Well to put this to rest.

The Skins poor offensive performance PROVES that Gibbs was the best coach in the NFC East

Because Neither Dallas or Philly got into the Playoffs, and The Giants were shut out and lost.

The Skins wre the only team to advance....

Spin all you want, but that is the FACT! :laugh:

Anyone who doesn't bow down and realize the greatness of the Skins and Gibbs is a homer in your eyes. I love it. :laugh:

I wouldn't say that about the Skins but the greatness of Gibbs is undeniable to all but the most idiotic.

Well to put this to rest.

The Skins poor offensive performance PROVES that Gibbs was the best coach in the NFC East

Because Neither Dallas or Philly got into the Playoffs, and The Giants were shut out and lost.

The Skins wre the only team to advance....

Spin all you want, but that is the FACT! :laugh:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

I thought the question was who was better for 2006? You can post everything you want about compiled records and superbowls but you should look at the FACTS.

-FACT: Gibbs wasn't comfortable with his own performance over his first two years so he had to hire someone to rescue him on offense.

-FACT: Gibbs has problems with the new system of challenges and time management.

-FACT: Gibbs has nothing to do with the defense.

What are you left with? At least the other 3 coaches in the division actually hands on and not in just the mere managerial role that Gibbs has taken on.

If you don't think Gibbs is involved with the managerial aspects of the Skins, then you are dumber than anyone thought.

Westbrook, will you ever get tired of Bubba and Art making you look like an absolute imbecile?

Gibbs took a very beat up and tired team coming off a series of tough games into a very hostile Tampa stadium to face the best defense in the league. Portis and Brunell were both playing injured. Thomas, Brown, and all of our WRs not named Moss were out. Gibbs pulled off the win the only way he could, with field position and defense. That is the difference between Gibbs and Reid. Reid would have thrown the ball 50 times and lost the game.

I have tons of respect for Gibbs but winning not one but two SB's in strike shortened seasons does taint his accomplishments if only slightly.

Why? I have heard this stated before but have never seen a good explanation why this would taint anything. If anything it is more impressive especially in 1982 when they added an extra round of playoffs and the division winners didn't get byes like they normally do.

So you don't think Gibbs is a great coach?? You honestly think Reid is better? Then yes, you are a mega-homer. But it has nothing to do with you not accepting Gibbs' greatness and everything to do with your stupidity.

Westbrook, will you ever get tired of Bubba and Art making you look like an absolute imbecile?

Of course they do.....when the judge and jury is the good posters of ExtremeSkins.com. :laugh:

These same arguments discussed on the Eagles board would result in Eagles fans asking them if they get tired of me making them look like absolute imbeciles.

Prespective.

So you don't think Gibbs is a great coach?? You honestly think Reid is better? Then yes, you are a mega-homer. But it has nothing to do with you not accepting Gibbs' greatness and everything to do with your stupidity.

Gibbs has the pedigree and is great. I was answering as to who will be the best in 2006....

BTW, weren't you the one calling for stopping personal insults? Way to go.

To me, Gibbs and Parcells are much better coaches than Reid and Coughlin in any era. Comparing Gibbs to Parcells is tough b/c they have very different strengths and coaching styles. Gibbs has better numbers overall, but Parcells has beaten Gibbs more than Gibbs has Parcells so the numbers kinda wash for me.

I think that Gibbs is a better overall leader and can evaluate and develop talent better than Parcells. Parcells is probably a better play caller than Gibbs, and is probably better and handling the strong personalities of some of today's players. Parcells can easily handle a Keyshawn or TO, where Gibbs looks for more old school kinds of players.

My overall rating would be Gibbs first, with Parcells a close second. Reid and Coughlin would be a distant third and fourth.

Philly had a decade to take advantage of pathetic NFC East teams and failed to do so.

Does anyone think they will have a cakewalk as they used to prior to joe gibbus maximus coming back or the additions of coughlin and parcells?

Gibbs has the pedigree and is great. I was answering as to who will be the best in 2006....

BTW, weren't you the one calling for stopping personal insults? Way to go.

Notice the qualifier...you continue to say that I call anyone who doesn't "bow down" to Gibbs greatness a homer. That is ridiculous, and you know it. You only post that because you have no other argument, and its pretty tiresome. If you actually paid attention to my posts instead of simply glossing over them, you'd see that its not the case at all.

I called WeOwnU a homer because he said it wasn't even close between Parcells and Gibbs. Do you believe that, WB? Do you really believe that? I know its hard for a homer like yo to look at two opposing team coaches objectively, but try for a second. Even if you happen to think Parcells is a better coach, you can't say that its not a close race. Even you are better than that...

Classic. Parcells goes 10-6 and you say it was because it was an easy schedule. Parcells goes 6-10 and you say it was because the cowboys stunk. You can't win.

They got to 10-6 against an easy schedule. That's a fact.

They jumped on that schedule and won 10 games. For a perennial 5-11 team that's a good thing. And it shows that Parcells is a heck of a coach. I never said Parcells didn't deserve credit for that. I just don't think it's as HUGE a deal as some make it out to be, espcially in light of the team's subsequent performances in 2004 and 2005

The 6-10 year you guys were downright lousy. Is this a debateable point?

'Classic' is when a fan throws out a line about his team that is based on nothing more than his emotional attachment to that team. Such as, "Gibbs had a great 10-12 year run, then when he saw the cowboys getting very good, he bailed." So far only one of us has been making arguements based solely on personal opinion. And it ain't me.

Same with the Eagles fans around here. They went to 4-5 NFC championship games, and none of you will give them credit. You all say it was because of an easy Division.

I happen to think every single coach in the division is a great coach. And I've always been a big fan of Andy Reid. However, I'd like to see how he does without a top-flight QB before putting him in the same class as Gibbs and Parcells.

You win one playoff game last year in god knows how many years and now you're world beaters. The same team that was 5-6 at one point last year.

We're not world-beaters. Just better than you. :)

Gibbs' teams are always excellent down the stretch. In fact, its that consistancy, that same quality we see in the 2005 Redskins that existed in the 1981-1992 Redskins that leads us to believe he's still the same coach he was when he was better than Parcells the first time around.

Gibbs was gone for God knows how many years, comes back, has a .500 record since then and he's Godlike. Parcells has the same .500 record and he's clearly not as good as GIbbs. Get real.

Actually, you're numbers are wrong. Gibbs was 17-17. Parcells was 16-17.

But beyond that, two years into Gibbs' stint, the Redskins are 10-6 and won a playoff game. Three years in, Parcells is 9-7 and is five seasons from his last playoff win. You are the one crowing about Parcells' ability to turn around a team, and how much better at it he is than Gibbs. I don't see it. Not right now. And not the last time the two of them both coached.

Do good coaches cry and complain about bad officiating? Something that Gibbs has a PHD in??? I don't hear Parcells complaining about officials a tenth as much as Gibbs. Superior coaches don't cry......good coaches get over them.

Good coaches win. Something Gibbs has a PhD in. That's the bottom line.

Why? I have heard this stated before but have never seen a good explanation why this would taint anything. If anything it is more impressive especially in 1982 when they added an extra round of playoffs and the division winners didn't get byes like they normally do.

Why would a strike shortened season filled with scab mailmen, plumbers, and stock boys taint a SB run within it? Do I have to answer that? :(

Why would a strike shortened season filled with scab mailmen, plumbers, and stock boys taint a SB run within it? Do I have to answer that? :(

Yes you do. The scabs played 3 games early on and did not have any effect on the Skins seeding. If you remove those three games the Skins still win the division and are the same seed that they ended up. I'm dying to hear a compelling argument that explains why it cheapens the coaching job done by Joe Gibbs. Enlighten me.

Well, when those plumbers and mailmen beat teams full of actual NFL players *cough cough* some credit should go to the coach maybe?

Archived