Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 4 NFC East -- Head Coaches (2006)

ouvan59

Is the Comprehensive Bill in the Senate a Temporary Guest Worker Program?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the Comprehensive Bill in the Senate a Temporary Guest Worker Program?

• Yes
    • No

I can't wait to see the Cowboy fans try to spin this one:

1. Joe Gibbs--Bests all of them in winning percentage, postseason wins, postseason winning percentage, SBs, Rings and class

2. Fattie Mantitties--Has done a solid job turning around several down franchises but his lack of loyalty to an organization is a black mark IMO. Brokeback Nation should be able to go back to hating he and TO in a year or two.

3. Andy Reid--Quietly has done a very good job keeping his team near the top even though they always have some weaknesses the FO refuses to address.

4. Tom Coughlin--Stalag Coughlin might wear thin on the players in a year or two. Still you can't argue with results. He won a very tough division last year with essentially a rookie QB and cyphers in the defensive secondary.

Reid is the only one in the East who has proven he can continually win in the salary cap era.

Didn't Gibbs win 11 games last year?

Reid is a fat slob who opportunistically dominated a weak division for a few seasons. The competition is back, and Philly will be back in the gutter where it belongs! Just typing the name of that city makes me feel dirty!

:eaglesuck

Reid is the only one in the East who has proven he can continually win when the rest of the division is down or in a rebuilding phase. and never won a supr bowl, but choked in 3 straight NFCCG getting there because, the NFC as a whole was down, finally making it to a super bowl only to choke again.... going 6-10 last year

and he's chubby fat

Reid is the only one in the East who has proven he can continually win in the salary cap era.

I've got to agree with Westbrook36. I mean, who needs a running game, because the thing that really counts is calling as many pass plays as possible. Talk about a winning formula. :doh:

I think Reid is a decent coach, but it's funny how things have gotten a little tougher for him now that he's in a division with parcells, Coughlin, and of course :logo:Gibbs:logo: . Let's see how things go for him this season. He's probably wishing he could have gone to Minnesota with his friend Brad Childress...Smith, McCarthy, and Marinelli are somewhat less formidable than parcells, Coughlin, and :logo:Gibbs:logo: .

I got sick and tired of Cowpukes fans saying that Gibbs is overrated and that Parcells is the superior coach. Numbers don't lie:

GIBBS PARCELLS

140-76 Regular Season 163-123-1

17-6 Postseason 11-7

66% Winning % 57%

3 Super Bowls 2

N/A Cup Size Full C

You forgot a key stat though...

max hot wings consumed in an hour

Joe Gibbs/ Bill Parcells

32/ 395

Seriously though

The ranking has to go like this

1. Gibbs- he has the most SB wins among current coaches and develops an amazing repoire with his players. It also doesn't hurt that he has the best set of assisstant coaches in the NFL

2. McReid- True he had a down year. True his NFC east dominance came while the NFC east wasn't an impressive division. True he has done a whole lot with a team that isn't willing to go out and get FAs that are expensive. He has had the most success recently and it would be homeristic to ignore this.

3. Coughlin- I give him the nod only because he won the division last year. He is a hard nosed coach that doesn't get the most out of his players, but he does win

4. Parcells- He was once a superb coach. Unfortunately this is a "what have you done for me recently" kinda league, and Parcells hasn't done anything recently. WHile I rank him at the bottom, he could easily jump to the top because he is a talented coach, and all of the coaches in this divisio are so closely ranked (IMO).

I think this division is going to be the best in the NFL next year and it is largely due to the coaches running the show. In the "what have you done for me recently" mindset, I believe that each coach in the NFC east is hovering next to one another with my rankings a personal opinion at the moment kinda flux.

Gibbs#1

Gibbs#2

who cares after that

Hail all things redskins

Hmm. I don't know about Gibbs being second to anyone, even Gibbs himself, but this post got me thinking. Suppose the NFC East coaches included both Gibbs and a clone of Gibbs. Obviously Gibbs would still be #1, but would the Gibbs clone be #2 or would he be tied for #1?

I can't wait to see the Cowboy fans try to spin this one:

1. Joe Gibbs--Bests all of them in winning percentage, postseason wins, postseason winning percentage, SBs, Rings and class

2. Fattie Mantitties--Has done a solid job turning around several down franchises but his lack of loyalty to an organization is a black mark IMO. Brokeback Nation should be able to go back to hating he and TO in a year or two.

3. Andy Reid--Quietly has done a very good job keeping his team near the top even though they always have some weaknesses the FO refuses to address.

4. Tom Coughlin--Stalag Coughlin might wear thin on the players in a year or two. Still you can't argue with results. He won a very tough division last year with essentially a rookie QB and cyphers in the defensive secondary.

I hadn't quite gotten to coaches yet, guess you beat me to it.

I agree with this order.

I got sick and tired of Cowpukes fans saying that Gibbs is overrated and that Parcells is the superior coach. Numbers don't lie:

GIBBS PARCELLS

140-76 Regular Season 163-123-1

17-6 Postseason 11-7

66% Winning % 57%

3 Super Bowls 2

N/A Cup Size Full C

I haven't seen anyone say anything like that yet.

I certainly wouldn't say that.

I feel Gibbs is definitely the better coach.

IMO, Parcells is really good at X's and O's, so-so at game management, and he's average at best as a motivator.

Motivating players is where Gibbs really outshines Parcells IMO.

Archived