Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 4 NFC East -- Head Coaches (2006)

ouvan59

Is the Comprehensive Bill in the Senate a Temporary Guest Worker Program?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the Comprehensive Bill in the Senate a Temporary Guest Worker Program?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know why I bother somedays.

Yes, why do you bother? Please enlighten us. You make innane statements and then when called on them you backpedal, contradict, or switch arguments. "I never said that..." or some variation is probably your most common phrase.

Seriously, Gibbs is better, period - 3 SB wins, 4 NFC Championships. Two of Gibbs SBs have come with less-than-stellar QBs. Parcells is a great coach, but he is NOT Gibbs. Until he wins a playoff game with the Cowboys, he is still a notch below.

I thought the question was who was better for 2006? You can post everything you want about compiled records and superbowls but you should look at the FACTS.

-FACT: Gibbs wasn't comfortable with his own performance over his first two years so he had to hire someone to rescue him on offense.

-FACT: Gibbs has problems with the new system of challenges and time management.

-FACT: Gibbs has nothing to do with the defense.

What are you left with? At least the other 3 coaches in the division actually hands on and not in just the mere managerial role that Gibbs has taken on.

-FACT: GIBBS IS TAKING THE SAME ROLE as Vermiel did WITH SAINT LOUIS he saw a need a FILLED it. AND if you think he is just going to be a pupppet head, I suggest some homeschooling.........

-FACT: GIBBS IS SHOWING HOW TO TURN A FRANCHISE AROUND......AND DID!!

-FACT: CRACK KILLS; stop all the smoking WESTBROOK36!!

I thought the question was who was better for 2006? You can post everything you want about compiled records and superbowls but you should look at the FACTS.

-FACT: Gibbs wasn't comfortable with his own performance over his first two years so he had to hire someone to rescue him on offense.

-FACT: Gibbs has problems with the new system of challenges and time management.

What are you left with? At least the other 3 coaches in the division actually hands on and not in just the mere managerial role that Gibbs has taken on.

Oh Westy, not again.. this posts of misinformation have gone past laughable, and now border on pathetic.

Fact... he Hired Sanders to build upon the offense he rebuilt. Imagine a coach hiring a coordinator to handle offense or defense.

Fact: It did take a year to figure out the shorter clock, after a 12 year absence and work it within his offensive sets... but as a great coach does he takes an area of problem, corrects it, and makes it a strength. Last season the Skins did not have any delay penalties because of calling plays, or formation shifts. And Gibbs won most of his challenges... but Hey the truth isn't you strong point

Fact- Neither does Reid, nor Coughlin... and Parcell doesn't coach neither directly. Again another absurd statement. Imagine a Head coach allowing his coordinators to coach... but in Gibbs case.. everything goes through him. He may delegate authority, but he makes the final call.

You have horrible reading comprehension skills. I've made my case all over this board for parcells, but you choose not to acknowledge them. You want to piont to the most inconsequential point of them all I made.

I showed that to make a point. A point that so many of you have made that since Gibbs came back, he's been to two playoff games, Parcells has been to one. Therefore Gibbs is better in all of your eyes, which is silly.

But out of the whole posts defending Parcells you choose to pick that out?

I don't know why I bother somedays.

I addressed your entire post, not just part of it.

And no Gibbs is not better because of his 2 playoff games compared to Parcells' one. He is better because he has a much better winning percentage, more playoff victories, better playoff winning percentage, more SBs and more rings. You keep stating that Parcells' winning percentage has been dragged down by taking over subpar teams yet when Gibbs was in his first run and Parcells was in his first run Gibbs' winning percentage was nearly .100 higher than Parcells.

Gibbs was much better the first time around and nothing Parcells has done since then shows me any different. Gibbs in his second year back after a 12 year layoff accomplished everything that Parcells has in the last two gigs. He accomplished more than Parcells has in his current gig. Parcells got New England to the SB in year 4 which means Gibbs has a couple more years to get the Skins there. That's the only thing that Parcells has done that Gibbs hasn't yet accomplished but he has done better his first two years than Parcells did at New England.

Gibbs would have to go 23-47-1 and he would then have to forfeit 6 playoff victories and a Vince Lombardi trophy to equal the great Bill Parcells.

Speaking of Vince Lombardi, how do you think that Bill Parcells compares to Mr. Lombardi? Just wondering.

How can you compare the above? Parcells not only has switched teams, he's gone to laughing stocks and built them into contenders. If Gibbs had done that, who's to say Parcells wouldnl't have him beat in all the above categories?

To me, Parcells isn't way behind Gibbs in most categories. Take that, and combine it with the teams he's gone too, and its not hard to see why he is considered one of the greatest coaches of all time.

He's basically done almost as good as gibbs, but with Horrific teams.

I'll give credit to Gibbs, he's been able to coach at one place for a long time. Thats not easy to do in the NFL for anyone. And he should be respected for it, but Parcells has proven time and time again, he can go anywhere and win. Gibbs has yet to prove that. I'm not saying he couldn't, I'm saying he didn't. So to me, Parcells acheivements are more impressive.

You have repeatedly made this argument, and it certainly has some validity. But if credit is to be given for turning around a hapless franchise (or building one), then you should not sell Gibbs so short. When Gibbs first took over as head coach of the Washington Redskins they were a 6-10 team that had never won a Super Bowl. By the time he left 11 years later, the Washington Redskins had 3 Super Bowls wins and were a perennial contender. Gibbs second tenure has seen an equally remarkable turnaround, with the Redskins moving from league wide laughing stock to Super Bowl contender in only two seasons.

As an aside, since the ability to build something from nothing impresses you so much, you may be interested in the very successful NASCAR franchise Gibbs was able to build from scratch.

Oh Westy, not again.. this posts of misinformation have gone past laughable, and now border on pathetic.

Fact... he Hired Sanders to build upon the offense he rebuilt. Imagine a coach hiring a coordinator to handle offense or defense.

Fact: It did take a year to figure out the shorter clock, after a 12 year absence and work it within his offensive sets... but as a great coach does he takes an area of problem, corrects it, and makes it a strength. Last season the Skins did not have any delay penalties because of calling plays, or formation shifts. And Gibbs won most of his challenges... but Hey the truth isn't you strong point

Fact- Neither does Reid, nor Coughlin... and Parcell doesn't coach neither directly. Again another absurd statement. Imagine a Head coach allowing his coordinators to coach... but in Gibbs case.. everything goes through him. He may delegate authority, but he makes the final call.

Reid and Parcells call their own plays. Gibbs used to, before he figured out it wasn't his forte now that he can't call the same play 15 times in a row like the 80s so he hired Saunders.

You mean the one Musgrave rebuilt - by implementing the Shotgun and more west-coast principles? :D

Well, Gibbs will be remembered as the top out of the 4, based off of what we know now.

But, the original poster put 2006 in the thread title....

Past present and future... the answer stays the same, Gibbs is the best. No matter how hard you try, there is no way anyone with half a brain is going to list Reid above Gibbs, or Parcells in terms of coaching abilities...

Now if the list was scarfing CXheese steaks at one sitting.... him and Parcells would have a hell of a race.

FACT: Gibbs was so uncomfortable with the offense that he outgained and outscored both the Eagles and Cowboys

FACT: Do you want me to show you the end of the Eagles SB or the end of the first half of the Skins-Eagles Monday night game last year?

FACT: How much do Andy Reid or Bill Parcells or Tom Coughlin have to do with the defense?

That it was the weakest playoff win of all time.

The exact same thing I said in my original post.

Reading comprehension is key.

so then a POWERFUL LOSS means more I guess when your at home on PLAYSTATION!

ANY WIN is a WIN; I dont care if it is 3-2 in the Superbowl, IT's A "W"

The only reason you weren't embarrassed out of the stadium is William's Defense.

Gibb's offense was simply embarrassing.

But, lets add a notch to Gibb's resume.

You mean the one Musgrave rebuilt - by implementing the Shotgun and more west-coast principles? :D

No I mean Gibbs built... Gibbs picked his brain, and used some information and incorporated it into HIS offense. Just like every successful coach does. A great coach can recognize that someone else's ideas can improve upon his own concepts, and can squash his ego to do whats best for the team, than being a fool to think he knows everything.

Saying Musgrave Ran the offense, or rebuilt the offense is ludicrous

even with Saunders coming in... the offense he is using, is basically the same offense Gibbs has used... both derive from Don Coryell's staff in San Diego... who by the way Gibbs was the OC before Saunders and help create the Air Coryell offense

Make sense next time.

Fair enough. Your defense played well. I guess you should be proud of that offensive output.

Make sense next time.

Fair enough. Your defense played well. I guess you should be proud of that offensive output.

I guess the RAVENS had such a potent, POWERFUL offense in 2000??? right?

The only reason you weren't embarrassed out of the stadium is William's Defense.

Westy your being a fool.

Wow a team had a bad offensive game... I am sure Reid's team never had that happen :rolleyes: But despite Brunells injury and bad day, the offense did enough to win. I mean all those games and wins previous, where Brunell passed for more than 3000 yards, Portis ran for 1500 yards, Moss over 1400 receiving... ranked #11 overall in the NFL.. was embarassing.

Westy stop being so foolish.

Saying Musgrave Ran the offense,

I didn't say this....

or rebuilt the offense

I did say this. The offense seen in 05 was extremely different than the terrible, irrelevant offense Gibbs ran in 04. Quite a bit of responsibility for that should go to Musgrave, for retooling the offense, putting in the shotgun, and using more west coast principles. I salute Gibbs for subjugating his ego - I just don't understand the need to give him credit for the transformation.

even with Saunders coming in... the offense he is using, is basically the same offense Gibbs has used... both derive from Don Coryell's staff in San Diego... who by the way Gibbs was the OC before Saunders and help create the Air Coryell offense

I know my history, bubba. No need for the recap of Gibbs coaching career. :D

Now wait a minute. It was Gibbs' decision to bring Williams here, it was BECAUSE of Gibbs that Williams decided to come here, and it was because of Gibbs that Williams decided not to take any of the head coaching jobs he was offered the past two season. Gibb's greatest skill is his ability to build a team of good people and get them to work together. Gibbs doesn't get credit for assembling a good team? Gibbs doesn't get credit for getting that team oriented toward a goal? Its not like Williams was a big success without Gibbs leadership.

and OUR OFFENSE WASNT without Randy Thomas, an injured Protis(shoulder), not to mention how Brunell got hurt in the midgets game......

Archived