Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is where the Dallas offense is headed (merged)

Angus

I think thats part of the point of the article.

Because of all the other weapons Dallas will have, (that the Eagles did not), he should be just fine.

Based off what? I would rather have Westbrook than Jones. I'll give you Glenn over Pinkston and/or Mitchell (hell, I'll give take Glenn over both combined :laugh: ). Smith vs. Witten is closer than it should be, but slight edge to Witten. And I will certainly take Philly's line over yours, the most important part of the offense. Oh, and McNabb over Bledsoe isn't even debateable. So, removing TO from the equation, I would say the Eagles of 04 and the Cowboys of 06 are going to have roughly the same "weapons". No way would I say that Dallas has way more.

To go a little deeper, Dallas has a huge advantage in their #2 WR slot. And an advantage in their TE, though not as big.

However, WB (kills me to say this, and I mean the RB not the poster!) is a much better back than Jones, even considering injuries. And McNabb as another weapon that Bledsoe can't even approach brings the scales back to even, imo.

TO is a difference maker, but let's not say that the Dallas offense this year is going to blow away the 04 Eagles. The 04 Eagles were really, really good.

But dont you think its just a little bit funny when you lose its "on last minute mumbo-jumbo", but when we lose, its not that way it all?

Its not blown coverage when Dallas does it, its Washington just being the better team.

I'm not even sure you can call a WR racing past two DBs on two big plays in the final minutes of the game for two TDs "blown coverage". If you have Roy Williams and a CB right on his tail then it comes down to Santana just torching a secondary with players in a more than decent position to stop him. Hardly a blown assignment...

But when Washington does it, it was just a very rare blown assignment, and youre still the better team.

Just something I found interesting.

And take away the 35-7 game from last season, and the Skins havent fared any better vs. us offensively.

One game doesnt make up for 7 years does it?

Well, if you look at the Tampa Bay game during the regular season, you know that SOMEONE (I'm looking at you, Walt) messed up big time guarding Edell Shephard. Besides, the games jrock mentioned were just garbage accountable to stupid mistakes on our part. The Rabach holding call against the Chargers and the total lack of offense against the Raiders were just disturbing...

The here and now counts more than the past :cool:

I'm not even sure you can call a WR racing past two DBs on two big plays in the final minutes of the game for two TDs "blown coverage". If you have Roy Williams and a CB right on his tail then it comes down to Santana just torching a secondary with players in a more than decent position to stop him. Hardly a blown assignment...

I couldn't agree more with this. It's borderline retardation when Boys fans call those plays blown coverages. A blown coverage is when a WR is all by himself because one or both defensive backs didn't understand their assignment. You'll know a blown coverage when you see it because there will be a WR alone in the end zone and DBs looking at themselves baffled.

Toast is toast. Let's not act like the Skins were given some kind of gift. That's just silly.

Obviously, that's not the point.

The point is, for the last 2 years.... with Gibbs as Head Coach and Williams as the DC, Redskins fans are comfortable with the matchup. Quite comfortable.

But dont you think its just a little bit funny when you lose its "on last minute mumbo-jumbo", but when we lose, its not that way it all?

Its not blown coverage when Dallas does it, its Washington just being the better team.

But when Washington does it, it was just a very rare blown assignment, and youre still the better team.

If you want to do the legwork, you can look up what I said about that game. I was extremely critical of the Skins; all they had to do was get a couple first downs and the game was over. Gibbs and the offense failed to do that, and the rest was history. The play itself was a blown coverage by either Springs or Taylor; Crayton was wide-open.

As EA noted, Santana Moss simply burned the crap out of Dallas' defense; there was no blown coverage. It was a mistake for Roy to let Santana get behind him, but they were there; there was no blown coverage.

And take away the 35-7 game from last season, and the Skins havent fared any better vs. us offensively.

The point is, for the last 2 years.... with Gibbs as Head Coach and Williams as the DC, Redskins fans are comfortable with the matchup. Quite comfortable.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! You know Dallas fans are scared when they start falling back on that tired argument. The 7 years before last were against Redskin teams in disarray and poor coaching. Gibbs, Williams and now Saunders have changed that.

Be afraid, HHM, be very afraid. ;)

We kicked your ass last year. We won two games...it's difficult to say which was more humiliating for you guys. :laugh:

If you want to talk smack, do it when you beat us.

We'll see if the theory works as well as this writer thinks...this article reads like crap this guy sounds like a total fan.

Wouldn't the theory be perfect if we made the following substitutions?

Parcells--> Gibbs

Witten ---> Cooley

Fasano ---> Mike Sellers / Christian Fauria

T.O. ---> S. Moss

Terry Glenn-->Randle-El / B. Lloys

This article explains about 1/3 of last year's offense-- Cooley's a size mismatch on DBs and a speed mismatch on LBs...

It makes a ton of sense, really... Just a shame it had to be about the Cowboys.

**Edit. What Bleed-B&G said. Yeah.**

cowboyuptx: just want you to note I didn't even put you in the No New Threads group for posting the exact same article that had a thread in here an hour before yours. :)

This will remind you of how nice I am, even to fans of rival teams.

And when the day comes where I do have to mess ya up, you'll know it ain't out of bias :D :laugh:

Sorry dude.

I'll make sure to look before I leap next time.

Thanks for not stickin' me on the **** list.:notworthy

"Consider the Kansas City offense has rarely had trouble moving the ball in this personnel grouping with Gonzalez and that they don't have Terrell Owens on the field as one of the wide receivers."

Hmm, we have Santana Moss. Maybe a compliment to the Redskins?

What a load of hogwash! It is as though Parcells has just invented the 2 TE offense!

Joe Gibbs did that - or at least brought it to the NFL - in 1982!

How on earth does Prisco keep a job writting this type of stuff.

Not wanting to rain on any parades but the poor O'line play added to the question mark over Jones at RB added to the fact that Drew Bledsoe is the QB may outweigh the addition of a rookie TE ..... and thats assuming Owens does not blow the team apart by game 6.

Its all total BS, They're going to a 2 TE set because they have a statue for a QB. 49 sacks last year. 49! I'm sure they'll be the first team in league history to adjust to a totally new offense in 1 year.

:laugh: :laugh:

True -- this also assumes that Fasano is going to be decent in his rookie year. Parcells hit with Witten, but he also told Cooley he would never play in the NFL. :whoknows:

The 2TE offense is for more blocking and short yardage situations. Their running game was also lousy last year and I'm sure they'll run to the outside more. Besides Fasano having to be good, they're putting a lot of emphasis on Owens going down the field, which they should.

We kicked your ass last year. We won two games...it's difficult to say which was more humiliating for you guys. :laugh:

If you want to talk smack, do it when you beat us.

I couldve, for 7 years, but chose not to.

Why? Because I'm not like that.

Knowing how much it burned you all those years was good enough for me.

As am I with Dallas matching up with Washington.

One close game blown at the end and a blowout.

We've matched up fine over the years and this year will be no different.

Just as youre not scared of Bledsoe, I'm not scared of Brunell.

Should make for 2 great games.

I couldn't agree more with this. It's borderline retardation when Boys fans call those plays blown coverages. A blown coverage is when a WR is all by himself because one or both defensive backs didn't understand their assignment. You'll know a blown coverage when you see it because there will be a WR alone in the end zone and DBs looking at themselves baffled.

Toast is toast. Let's not act like the Skins were given some kind of gift. That's just silly.

And Taylor got fooled by 42 year old has been and "burned" for the TD because of it.

Glenn got beat by speed, Taylor got beat by Vinny.

Either way, it wasnt pretty.

And the result was the same.

If you want to do the legwork, you can look up what I said about that game. I was extremely critical of the Skins; all they had to do was get a couple first downs and the game was over. Gibbs and the offense failed to do that, and the rest was history.

Be afraid, HHM, be very afraid. ;)

And that all Dallas had to do to.

Get a couple of first downs. Heck, they just needed one, which they had, but then was taken away by the refs. But I wont go there. ;)

Bottom line is that I felt the pain you felt.

Burned coverage or blown coverage, it matters not.

It stings just the same. And the result is that too.

And that all Dallas had to do to.

Get a couple of first downs. Heck, they just needed one, which they had, but then was taken away by the refs. But I wont go there. ;)

Bottom line is that I felt the pain you felt.

Burned coverage or blown coverage, it matters not.

It stings just the same. And the result is that too.

I agree...the two losses were very similar. We had the game well in hand, and Vinny Testacrappy stabbed us in the heart. You had the game even more in hand, to the point that a lot of Skins fans went to bed, thinking the game long over. Then Brunell and Moss stabbed you in the heart. I know your pain, man...multiply that by 14 and you might begin to see why Gibbs got the gatorade bath. I think deep down Dallas fans understand the pure elation; you just like to break our balls about it. :)

But, its a simple law of averages man...one team just can't dominate another team forever...eventually the tables will turn, as they did last year. :)

Just as youre not scared of Bledsoe, I'm not scared of Brunell.

Should make for 2 great games.

Shall I continue this idea...

Not only am I not scared of Bledsoe, you can add Jones, Glenn, your O-line, and your coach.

Let's go back to us, are you scared of Portis?

Lloyd? Randle-El?

Jansen, Thomas, Rabach, Dockery, Samuels?

Cooley?

I think we can both agree our respective QB situations aren't ideal. Having said that, just about everything else on the offensive side of the ball is tipped toward us, even if I give you TO over Moss.

If I were a Boys fan ( :twitch: ), I would be scared...

Are you serious? I'm not scared of anything you named here .. honestly!

Why would you be?...

You're not the one who has to play them. :silly:

But, I'd bet the teams in the division are thinking about it a little bit.

Archived