Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mark brunell sucks

dendog44

isn't that trade of Nemo Broughton and Robert McCune for Jake Delhomme still on the table for us to consider? :laugh: :laugh:

or maybe we should just throw Jason Campbell out there with playoff pressure on him when he may not yet be ready to take over at qb?

yep, some great ideas out there as to how to improve upon starting MB at quarterback. keep 'em coming lads :D

Okee Doky Der Bobbo

If anyone says "Brunell sucks" to my face they will be punched. Seriously. This is what the internet has done to me.

SHUT UP ABOUT BRUNELL! He threw 23 TDs and 10 INTs last year with NO #2 WR. Are you stupid???

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ahhhhhh... The Stadium, you gotta love it.

I can not understand why the skins work so hard in the of season and we still have one the worst qb in the nfl.The skins will never reach the superbowl with this hack he sucked in Jacksonville and has only become worse what the hell is going on ?????????:doh:

Who are you? A Cowboys fan get out of here.

I can not understand why the skins work so hard in the of season and we still have one the worst qb in the nfl.The skins will never reach the superbowl with this hack he sucked in Jacksonville and has only become worse what the hell is going on ?????????:doh:

I thought your name was dingdong...whatever, close enough.:rolleyes:

........Pastabelly is that you????

I dont think we are in very good shape with our QBs. Mark Brunell has had about a dozen bad games in the 2 yrs he has been here. Brunell is inconsistant, and then there is Campbell the gamble. Our biggest question mark is quarterback going into this season!

I dont think we are in very good shape with our QBs. Mark Brunell has had about a dozen bad games in the 2 yrs he has been here. Brunell is inconsistant, and then there is Campbell the gamble. Our biggest question mark is quarterback going into this season!

He also had a dozen good games as well. A guy who has 23 TD's and 10 INT is inconsistant. You might want to think more often. Joey Harrington he's the definition of inconsistant. Brunell and Harrington arent alike

Did you know Marc Brunell is right handed but he choses to throw with his left hand for a challenge?:laugh:

Inigo Montoya: You are wonderful.

Man in Black: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.

Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am.

Man in Black: Then why are you smiling?

Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.

Man in Black: And what is that?

Inigo Montoya: I... am not left-handed.

Lets just see how well he does now that the lack of quality at WR cannot be blamed.

If he spreads the ball around, passes for 60+% and has a similar INT ratio then he did good. He also stopped fumbling toward the end of the season which needs to continue.

Guest santana4prez

The only question I have for you is did you watch the 2005-2006 season? Ill use a previous post to answer this.......

I am trying not to get caught in all the Brunell threads but I will say this much then I wont post in this thread anymore. If Brunell is not starting last season we do not make the playoffs. Mark had a great year last season and im shocked how alot of members can forget his performance in the 1st half of last season. If Patten does not get hurt this team goes farther in the playoffs and I say that because of Brunells yards per game before the injury.

Yes Patten started off slow but each week he was playing better and getting adjusted to the Skins offense. Even though Patten didnt make alot of big plays defenses respected his speed and ability enough to help the passing game out for Moss,Thrash and Cooley. Having a 2nd WR who can take pressure off the whole offense is huge. Brunell was putting up solid games even though Portis wasnt playing well in the first half. I think the Patten injury limited what the Skins could do in the passing game and Thrashs injury later on also made it more difficult. Brunell did struggle but once the running game started clicking Brunell played better in games. The Dallas and New York games prove that. It helped Moss and Cooley get open and allowed Brunell to be more successful.

When Portis got banged up the offense struggled again just like it did in the middle of last season. In my opinion Brunell played great for the injuries the Skins had. Bru also used his legs to pick up key first downs in games last season and that was the only problem with the knee injury was it hampered his running ability. I dont think the knee injury affected the passing game as much as the injuries to Portis and the O-Line did in the playoffs. No running game and it will hurt your passing game. I dont care who you are especially if you are a run team first like the Skins were last season. To sum this up I think Brunell had a damn good 2005 and led this team and showed everything a Joe Gibbs QB has in the past.

Maybe Brunell cant throw 80 yards or run like his old self in Jacksonville anymore but in alot of ways he has become a better QB. He actually reminds me alot of Joe Theismann. In my opinion with the new WRs that we lacked in 2005 and the health that should be there for the team when the season starts I see a Mark Brunell who will prove alot of people wrong. I even bet my avatar on Brunell making the Pro Bowl this year. Thats how much I believe in Mark Brunell and Joe Gibbs. If im wrong I will be the first one to admit it and I thought Brunell was a bust in 2004 but he proved me wrong and I am an offical Mark Brunell Supporter.

brunell.jpg

Mark Brunells passing yards a game in 2005 ( This isnt the only reason I back Brunell but this backs up what I saw last season)

WK Opp Pasing Yards

1 chi 70

2 dal 291

4 sea 226

5 den 322

6 kc 331

7 sf 252

8 nyg 65

9 phi 224

10 tb 226

Patten gets injured

11 oak 155

12 sd 194

13 stl 156

14 ari 122

15 dal 163

16 nyg 112

17 phi 141

The Denver and Kansas City games were Brunell at his best. Those games showed me he could still be a effective QB.

Inigo Montoya: You are wonderful.

Man in Black: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.

Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am.

Man in Black: Then why are you smiling?

Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.

Man in Black: And what is that?

Inigo Montoya: I... am not left-handed.

I am not left handed either.

i think he might be on to something brunell never won anything. I dont think he can take us he's to scared sometimes.
Brunell won the National Championship at Washington. That's something.

In the NFL, he has won several playoff games in his career and gotten close to the big prize many times. Give the old vet a chance, he might go out like Elway.

Mark Brunell is a beast. This yr he will show it. He finally as Wrs and a top flight offensive cordinator who focus his whole time on game planning.

I think Brunell will be started abiut 2 more yrs. And the end of the yr was not his fault. Teams knew that we only do about 3 plays, wr screen , pass in the flat to Cooley and go deep to Moss. Nothing Brunell could do about that.

Brunell won the National Championship at Washington. That's something.

In the NFL, he has won several playoff games in his career and gotten close to the big prize many times. Give the old vet a chance, he might go out like Elway.

that winning crap is stupid. So Dan Marino, Manning and Brunell are suck because they have not won a super bowl?

It takes a lot of things to win it all.

:dallasuck

i know extremeskins does not condone profanity or abuse, so please forgive me, extremeskins.

but dendog44, you are a F$cking idiot. Brunell may not be payton manning, but he is one of the top QBs in the league. He entered last season as one of the top 15 rated passers in NFL HISTORY. how can you say he sucks?

Brunell doesnt suck. But you do, you miserable...... COWBOYS FAN. (that is the ultimate curse in my vocabulary).

Ok, ES, I apologize. Please forgive me, just this once. :dallasuck

Guys, don't be so hard on the man. I believe there is some truth to Brunell "sucking". I don't live in Redskin nation, so I constantly hear what non-Redskin fans say about the team--"Ya'll would be awesome, if Brunell wasn't your quarterback." That's right. The consensus among non-Skin N.F.L. fans is that Brunell does indeed suck. I don't actually think he sucks per se, but I also think his stats don't tell the truth about his performance (think about all the critical fumbles). Many times last year, I lacked confidence on third down and expected Brunell to throw the ball away, followed up by a Frost flop. All the Falcon fans I live around used to rib me and say that throwing the ball away was Brunell's favorite play, a la only 10 interceptions. His playoff performance was dismal.

Archived