Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ffx county police officer shooting

MissU28

As with any incident the information needs to be sorted out. I heard three officers were shot, but I haven't been able to confirm that. The article indicates the two other people that got hurt were treated at the scene and not transported. I had heard the third officer was hit in the arm, and the initial report was not serious so I guess the person did not have to be transported.

As with any incident the information needs to be sorted out.

ya thats always true. I guess Im a little sensitive about people saying people had died, cause I know people who were on shift durring this. I know they are ok, but if I didnt know they were ok and they fit the description of the person who died I would probably go into panic mode if I heard it hastely reported. So I just wanted to make sure people had their facts straight before they were saying stuff like that.

ya thats always true. I guess Im a little sensitive about people saying people had died, cause I know people who were on shift durring this. I know they are ok, but if I didnt know they were ok and they fit the description of the person who died I would probably go into panic mode if I heard it hastely reported. So I just wanted to make sure people had their facts straight before they were saying stuff like that.

I understand what you are saying. It has not been a very good afternoon for me either. I don't want to bother people I know right now because I know they are probably busy. I will wait until tomorrow to get the full story.

I will add that the county used both their helicopters to transport the two officers to Fairfax Hospital. They landed on Route 28 just south of Westfields Blvd.

Except when it comes to Bush, right? :doh: But I digress, lest I be accused of hijacking this thread.

Yeah, don't turn this into a political discussion. Last I heard, one officer has lost his/her life so this is not the time to be Bush Bashing.

It seems that all the local news stations have quite different reports of what happened.

It seemed sure via local Fox 5 that one of the officers had been killed, but they have been backing away from that. Let's hope it's (just) injuries to the officers.

Also they talked about a vehicle and second shooter who they named, but other reports say the single shooter was killed at the scene.

As with any incident the information needs to be sorted out. I heard three officers were shot, but I haven't been able to confirm that. The article indicates the two other people that got hurt were treated at the scene and not transported. I had heard the third officer was hit in the arm, and the initial report was not serious so I guess the person did not have to be transported.

ABC 7 says three officers were shot, but one was treated at the scene and two were hospitalized.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0506/325957.html

The FOx 5 website now is very light on details:

http://www.fox5dc.com/_ezpost/data/41048.shtml

But one of the Fox 5 TV live reporters said he was told by a police source that an officer had died. I hope he didn't put this out without hard facts.

And CBS 9 report suggests that an officer may have been killed, one with minor injuries and two hospitalized.

http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49120

Man, lots of different reports from different posters, and not at your fault. Seriously. News isn't news unless it's the first to report it...at least that's the way it seems nowadays. I had thought the debacle with the 2000 presedential election had put a stop to this, but maybe not. :doh:

i was about to go to the gym at 4pm too....and my gym is right next to westfield high school...like almost connected. I would have gone to westfield if it had been built before I graduated. Outta control.

i was about to go to the gym at 4pm too....and my gym is right next to westfield high school...like almost connected. I would have gone to westfield if it had been built before I graduated. Outta control.

Excuses, excuses. :D

I say if police catch criminals like this guy, who they know committed a horrible crime, they should shoot him on the spot. no questions asked.

I totally agree, why waste the money on a trial.

Apparently Fairfax police have confirmed that a female detective was killed and another officer was critically injured. It was described as an ambush and the shooter was described as a sniper.

The shooter was an 18 year old punk, i hope they put about 50 holes in him, this is just horrible. Why on earth would you go into a police station with a bunch of guns. This is just sad, very sad. Where are the parents of this kid??

The shooter was an 18 year old punk, i hope they put about 50 holes in him, this is just horrible. Why on earth would you go into a police station with a bunch of guns. This is just sad, very sad. Where are the parents of this kid??

He has already been killed.

The thing I am scared about is copy cat attacks now. I need to call my buds tomorrow at the sheriff's office to see if anyone was at the Sully Station. I know some of the officers there, and this is just sad, and crazy. I pray that he was on his own and the find out all the information they need.

I pray for those wounded tonight.

So, you workout? :hump:

The thing that bothers me the most is that a young punk kid can get his hands on automatic weapons. I don't want to turn this into a gun debate, why the hell would anyone NEED an AK-47? If you do, you either have a small wang or big ego. The one thing I have seen about this kid is that his classmates said he kept to himself and never said anything. Keeps in line with EVERY OTHER similar case. These are common patterns but authority figures in these childrens lives keep missing the clues. I'm just ranting at this point, but my friend is a cop in that area and all this angers me.

So, you workout? :hump:

The thing that bothers me the most is that a young punk kid can get his hands on automatic weapons. I don't want to turn this into a gun debate, why the hell would anyone NEED an AK-47? If you do, you either have a small wang or big ego. The one thing I have seen about this kid is that his classmates said he kept to himself and never said anything. Keeps in line with EVERY OTHER similar case. These are common patterns but authority figures in these childrens lives keep missing the clues. I'm just ranting at this point, but my friend is a cop in that area and all this angers me.

The civilian version of an AK-47 is a semi-auto rifle ok. It isn't an automatic and the calibur of the bullet is the same as a hunting rifle. Would you be asking why people have 30-06 hunting rifles if the kid used that instead? No.

Any word on what motivated this attack? I'm thinking suicide because long before it was reported I thought "no way the person that did this makes it to trial" Some lines you just don't cross and live to tell about it.

Sad to hear about the wounded cops and flat out terrible news about the detective the lost her life. Prayers for them and their families and lets hope no punk gets the bright idea of trying this somewhere else.

Any word on what motivated this attack?

they say he had car jacked a car in montgomery county and then turned himself in there. So I guess when reality returned to him he blamed them for being there for him to turn himself into and took vengence. Police stations really need to have self termination chambers, so douche bags that want to die can go an die with out hurting people.

Any word on what motivated this attack? I'm thinking suicide because long before it was reported I thought "no way the person that did this makes it to trial" Some lines you just don't cross and live to tell about it.

Sad to hear about the wounded cops and flat out terrible news about the detective the lost her life. Prayers for them and their families and lets hope no punk gets the bright idea of trying this somewhere else.

There is a phenomena known as "suicide by cop". This could be a case of that. My father was a hostage negotiator for 20 years and came across many people that hoped the police would end it for them. Certainly a troubled/sick mind.

Cop killers make it to trial all the time, at least the ones that aren't killed in the act. In Prince William you could have counted on death, not sure about Fairfax, but pretty sure that would have been the ultimate outcome even if he had been arrested.

Absolute shame no matter how you look at it. The perps death does nothing for the family left behind.

There is a phenomena known as "suicide by cop". This could be a case of that. My father was a hostage negotiator for 20 years and came across many people that hoped the police would end it for them. Certainly a troubled/sick mind.

Cop killers make it to trial all the time, at least the ones that aren't killed in the act. In Prince William you could have counted on death, not sure about Fairfax, but pretty sure that would have been the ultimate outcome even if he had been arrested.

Absolute shame no matter how you look at it. The perps death does nothing for the family left behind.

Difficult to tell the motivation. I know the police are in the process of determining that now. From a guess and my opinion, this guy is a classic example of a troubled individual. A loner in school and very intelligent person that brings pictures of himself in fatigues, wearing gas masks and talking about killing animals. The person got caught with a knife in school. The person tells his friends he wants to do harm to people. Finally, just look at his picture that was in the paper and don't tell me he doesn't fit the profile. Also, he was wearing a ski mask when he went in. That tells me he wants to get away. If he was a suicide by cop he would have shown his face.

Archived