Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All burgundies?

maxpower_I

All burgundy as a change up is da bizzomb. Also, I'd really rather we went to wearing FSU style gold pants with both the burgundy and white jerseys. Either way as long as the team sticks with the real burgundy and doesn't go back to the "cranberry" and gold I'll be reasonably happy.

Guest santana4prez
Uh oh. Quick. Call these folks in. They've been bored recently. ;)

xtremeskinsfashionpolice.jpg

I have to say this made me laugh.:laugh: Thanks PCS.

I think the all white uniforms are sick, but how about all burgandies? is that allowed by league rules, cus I think they'd be equally as sick. Thoughts? any guys good with photoshop to make this happen?

the giants tried all red last year... ugly beyond belief.... burgundy would be just as bad... it would look like some kind of deranged soccer uni's

sumlin.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. I don't give a damn if we come out in all gold though as long as we win. During the season these uni threads piss me off bc I think there are more important things to talk about but the off-season always seems like it will never end. So -- here are my :2cents: - I like solid color scheme either way (all white, burgandy or gold) :D

All burgundy as a change up is da bizzomb. Also, I'd really rather we went to wearing FSU style gold pants with both the burgundy and white jerseys. Either way as long as the team sticks with the real burgundy and doesn't go back to the "cranberry" and gold I'll be reasonably happy.

Only problem with that is our "gold" isn't really like FSU's "gold" -- ours is closer to yellow. Not sure how it would look on pants but I wouldn't mind seeing it tried

I dont know if somebody said it all ready because I didnt read everyones response, but dont you think if we wore all burgandy it would enhance the playaction pass because you wouldnt be able to see the ball because it would be kind of camoflauged in with the uni's. ugly or not might not be that bad of an idea

I don't know why we can't get past this black jersey thing. It makes me feel bad that this hip hop generation can't get past the black uni's. We do not have any black colors in the main color scheme of our uni's. A little black is on the helmets.

Just like Detroit witht their black uni's. looks horrible and it does not represent the Lions franchise colors.

I liked our 70th anniversary setup. If we could keep the current logo with those uni's, but make some adjustments to the "gold" pants, then maybe they would look awesome.

I hope we go back to white tops/burgundy pants for home games again. all white is just too much.

I like the current colors for our team. I think we need a little tweeking of the stripes on the jerseys or the piping on the pants. Santana4prez said we should stick to tradition like pittsburgh, chicago, cleveland. But they have all indescretely changed their uniforms a little over the years

In fact, next year, cleveland's striping on the sleeves will be different (saw it on UNI Watch-paul lukas-espn article). We haven't changed since 1978. I definately don't want to return to the 70's look of red and mustard yellow.

I like the idea of the black on black w/ burgandy letters and numbers, keep the helmets the same. baltimore and philly have done it, would look pretty mean on us!

this is why we will never do it

just an interesting thing i've heard as a rumor around campus - Gary Williams doesn't allow his players to wear black shoes - he says it makes them look slow. they have to wear white (with red?). This would be another reason i dont want us to be wearing black jersey - if white makes us move faster - can u imagine moss's speed?

:logo:

I think section106 meant the burgundy helmut with the large white

feather that went from the back over the top,from the late '50s to

early 60's

I really hated those banana feathers of the 1982 season

I'm not fond of the all whites

My favorite uni combo were the burgundy jerseys w/gold pants

how about some modern stripping

You're correct. I want an updated version of that uniform, like what Charley Taylor wore.

CharleyTaylorFeather.JPG

I would update the following:

Gold tip on the feather, instead of red.

Make the helmet a true burgundy and match it to the uniform.

Place the indianhead logo on the hip of the pants.

Careful of what? Last time I checked, the constitution says that I have a right to my opinion. It may not be agreeable to everyone, but I still have a right to it. Sorry I'm not a PC person in a PC world.

As some of the younger people would say "I'm old school"

I've been wondering lately if the opposition to the team moniker isn't derived from the indianhead logo we sport on the helmet. The history of the team shows me that we had strong support from Native Americans, so much so that a Chief helped to design the logo to show a strong Native American that represented the character of their warrior tradition.

It seems that's when things changed. I wonder if a temporary change of the helmet wouldn't in some way temper those that want the name changed (a futile and hopeless endeavor). I'm sure that their movement has more to do with the Civil Rights movement of the 50-60's and the current logo would of course still be merchandised to death so this post is more conjecture than real. Forgive a bored 'Skins fan.

Hail

santana4prezs Thoughts after reading this thread........

- The Helmets should always be Burgundy.

- The Helmets should have the Indian who is a staple of winning and character.

- Wearing Black would look stupid. Our colors are Burgundy and Gold.

- I like the white jerseys/burgundy pants or burgundy jerseys/white pants you cant mess with perfection.

- That said the all white looked great. I would like to try the all Burgundy for 1 game. Burgundy is my favorite color but all Burgundy may be overdoing it. I want to see it in 1 game before I make up my mind.

Too sum this up the Redskins uniforms are great the way they are. I dont understand why so many people want to change it up. Some teams have tradition and the Skins are one of the few. The Redskins,Niners,Cowboys,Packers,Bears,and Steelers have tradition. Changing up the jerseys are ok but I think changes to the helmets or adding the color black is wrong.:2cents:

I completely agree on all counts.

Archived