Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All burgundies?

maxpower_I

I never wanted Black in the jerseys. You read it the wrong way.:doh:

Let me quote my whole post again.

My quote meant the only jersey change that would be a big deal is the color black. I dont care if fans want to change up the jerseys but I dont want black.

You're right. my bad. i did read it wrong. so sorry. :notworthy

Hail

Guest santana4prez
You're right. my bad. i did read it wrong. so sorry. :notworthy

Hail

No problem ive done it before too. I just wanted to cleanse myself from the black jersey talk. I hate the thought of a black Redskin jersey.

You actually are one of the better posters. The cheerleader thread was a classic. I didnt mean anything bad about you or your post I just hate those black jerseys. :notworthy

It sure looks like a cartoon to me and it may have been done by a native american but that doesnt mean it cant be offensive to them. If we had a dignified warrior I would not be offended. That is a cartoon of an "indian". There are people who hate their heritage. My wife's family is from Mexico. My wife being second generation. All of them hate Mexicans. I hear nasty names about them all the time and that is one reason we are getting divorced. I can not stand racism from anyone.

Of course, you probably haven't been in a situation like that in your spoiled life. Next time think before talking.

Hmmm. I always thought our logo looked like this guy:

image07.jpg

...or this guy:

plenty_coups.jpg

Hmmm. Image looks ok to me. what would you do to change it? How muh more different would you want it to look? Serious discussion here. Let's be honest and discuss this.

It sure looks like a cartoon to me and it may have been done by a native american but that doesnt mean it cant be offensive to them. If we had a dignified warrior I would not be offended. That is a cartoon of an "indian". There are people who hate their heritage. My wife's family is from Mexico. My wife being second generation. All of them hate Mexicans. I hear nasty names about them all the time and that is one reason we are getting divorced. I can not stand racism from anyone.

Of course, you probably haven't been in a situation like that in your spoiled life. Next time think before talking.

The guy claims he is a "redskins" fan, but he is worried about the moniker on the helmet. But whenever I hear people say the team is racist, it is because of the word "redskin", not the way the helmet looks. :doh:

I just wish everyone would stop trying to change the world with their Politically Correct jargon. You can't change people. :mad:

The good thing is, Snyder states we will NEVER change the name as long as he is alive and barring an accident, I'd say we have at lease 45 more years. :silly:

looking at the Skins logo can you actually say that this definition...

a : a drawing intended as satire, caricature, or humor

fits?

our logo is NOT a cartoon. it is a profile shot of a stern faced warrior.

sorry to hear about your divorce.

looking at the Skins logo can you actually say that this definition...

a : a drawing intended as satire, caricature, or humor

fits?

our logo is NOT a cartoon. it is a profile shot of a stern faced warrior.

sorry to hear about your divorce.

:laugh: :applause:

Guest santana4prez
Hmmm. Image looks ok to me. what would you do to change it? How muh more different would you want it to look? Serious discussion here. Let's be honest and discuss this.

I agree. The Redskins logo is fine and most native americans are ok with it. I really dont care about the small percent of native americans who actually dont like it. If those 1% of native americans hate it so much than maybe they should move to Canada and watch the Toronto Argonauts because America is a free country and im tired of a small faction of Native Americans talking **** about my teams logo. The Redskin name and logo are out of respect and honor. Any Native American who dosent see that by now just likes to start **** and is the reason the US took their land.

I don't know why we can't get past this black jersey thing. It makes me feel bad that this hip hop generation can't get past the black uni's. We do not have any black colors in the main color scheme of our uni's. A little black is on the helmets.

Just like Detroit witht their black uni's. looks horrible and it does not represent the Lions franchise colors.

I liked our 70th anniversary setup. If we could keep the current logo with those uni's, but make some adjustments to the "gold" pants, then maybe they would look awesome.

I hope we go back to white tops/burgundy pants for home games again. all white is just too much.

I like the current colors for our team. I think we need a little tweeking of the stripes on the jerseys or the piping on the pants. Santana4prez said we should stick to tradition like pittsburgh, chicago, cleveland. But they have all indescretely changed their uniforms a little over the years

In fact, next year, cleveland's striping on the sleeves will be different (saw it on UNI Watch-paul lukas-espn article). We haven't changed since 1978. I definately don't want to return to the 70's look of red and mustard yellow.

Couldn't agree more with this post, well I could do without the "hip-hop" comment but anyway...I really do not want to see anything black in our uni's.

The 70th anniversary is on the right track. Good but there is room for improvement. Im goign to go home and for my next art project i'm going to design some new uni's and see what I come up with. I'll post a new thread when i'm done.

Hail! :logo:

GC4prez

Couldn't agree more with this post, well I could do without the "hip-hop" comment but anyway...I really do not want to see anything black in our uni's.

The 70th anniversary is on the right track. Good but there is room for improvement. Im goign to go home and for my next art project i'm going to design some new uni's and see what I come up with. I'll post a new thread when i'm done.

Hail! :logo:

GC4prez

No offense to anyone who listens to hip hop. I just refer to that because it's been the choice of the younger generation. Geezer here. :laugh:

i love their white on white jerseys and burgundy would look sick too, but i dont want to see it in the season. maybe the preseason. id also like to see the burgundy and gold with the spear helmets, but we sucked that whole year so we should just stick with whats worked.

Burg on Burg would be sweet, the Redskins have never done it in our history. Since we use to wear the mustard pants, but I would say that it is allowed by league rules since other teams use every combination they can during a year, just look at atlanta.

The burg jersey use to not match the burg pants, but now a days I think Reebok might have it right.

Burg on Burg would be sweet.:logo:

by the way guys, the portrait of the Indian is a Barefoot Indian Chief, with their permission and request it was put on the helmet. The Chief is either Crowfoot or Curley Bear. I thought he was Curley Bear from my research.

Guest santana4prez
I did this real quick for the ones that wanted to see the all Burgundy

untitled0lw.jpg

That looks better than the Chris Cooley one.

I think I'd like to see all Burgandy.

1) I think it may look good

2) It is a way to have kind of alternative uniform without having ugly colors like Miami's orange jersey (but we all know that won't happen cus then they wouldn't get more money by selling a new kind of jersey

Archived