Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins officially Gibbs' Team

Trippster

It took him two seasons and three offseasons, but every single player on offense and defense are the players hand selected by Gibbs and Williams. Just take a look at the offense. There is no starter on offense that played for Steve Spurrier his last year here, except for your four offensive linemen where cohesiveness is most important.

It's even more dramatic on defense. There is no starter on defense that played for Steve Spurrier. Everybody's new.

The Redskins now officially are a microcosm of their coach - character driven, smart, team oriented football players. Are you ready for some football?

I think a lot of us knew it would come to this...but man, have we taken a big step in 3 years. It's like imagine the Detroit Lions getting turned around in 2 years. That is how great Gibbs is, we were bad...really bad. But God smiled upon us and gave us Gibbs.

GREAT GREAT GREAT THREAD MAN mad props! :applause: :applause:

I've been waiting for someone to realize this(couldn't put it into words), but everytime a rival fan argues with me I just wish they would understand this. Yes we didn't win the superbowl last year, and yes we didnt perform that well in the playoffs. But what else can u expect from Joe Gibbs? In a year thats how much progress we had, It gives me chills thinking about how much progress weve made this year

yea, i think arrington was the last defensive player we had that played for spurrier, and look how much of a team player he wasnt. it seems like everyone we have now is all about being a team. players finally know where the team is going

I think a lot of us knew it would come to this...but man, have we taken a big step in 3 years. It's like imagine the Detroit Lions getting turned around in 2 years. That is how great Gibbs is, we were bad...really bad. But God smiled upon us and gave us Gibbs.

This is actually a great example, because for the past decade and a half, give or take, only Detroit has had as many losses as we have.

Actually, Schottenheimer is a good coach. He got the rug pulled out from under him abruptly. Having said that, there isn't a head coach alive who I would take over Gibbs. Spurrier was a joke. Turner was a buffoon. The team had some good players but they just found a way to lose under those guys. Under Joe Gibbs, guys find a way to win. Character is crucial to any Gibbs team.

Remember, besides this year and 1999, we have lost at least 7 games every season since 1993. The loses add up. I'm sure its pretty accurate.

The mid 90's are a blur to me... lol

No wonder why we Skins fans are such great people,

We've been to hell and now we're back! :wavetowel

Remember, besides this year and 1999, we have lost at least 7 games every season since 1993. The loses add up. I'm sure its pretty accurate.

The mid 90's are a blur to me... lol

defintely we were ****ing terrible and all of those god damn QB controversies.

This is actually a great example, because for the past decade and a half, give or take, only Detroit has had as many losses as we have.
Is this true?
Somebody posted that stat a while ago. Not sure who. I do remember that the poster was pretty reliable.
No.

ACtually it is true. I think along with the Bengals, and Cardinals we were one of the worst franchises in the 90s.

ACtually it is true. I think along with the Bengals, and Cardinals we were one of the worst franchises in the 90s.

Over the last 10 years, here are the records of each NFL team, from worst to best (Browns and Texans not included):

Last 10 seasons:

Cardinals 56-104

Lions 57-103

Bengals 61-99

Saints 63-97

Chargers 64-96

Bears 66-94

Raiders 73-87

Falcons 73-86-1

Cowboys 74-86

Panthers 75-85

Bills 76-84

Redskins 77-82-1

Jets 78-82

Ravens 78-81-1

Giants 81-78-1

49ers 82-78

Rams 85-75

Seahawks 86-74

Bucs 89-71

Chiefs 89-71

Eagles 89-70-1

Titans 89-71

Dolphins 90-70

Jaguars 90-70

Vikings 91-69

Colts 92-68

Steelers 98-61-1

Patriots 101-59

Packers 102-58

Broncos 105-54

I had no freakin' clue the Broncos had been that successful...lol (or the Jags for that matter)

Over the last 10 years, here are the records of each NFL team, from worst to best (Browns and Texans not included):

Thanks for these stats.

I knew the Skins were aweful but I didn't think we were as bad as the aints or cards

I knew the Skins were aweful but I didn't think we were as bad as the aints or cards

Not over the last 10 seasons, no. But that also includes last year's 10 win season. If you take the 10 seasons before Gibbs came back, it is something of a different story. We drop seriously down the that list further.

Archived