Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVP's don't lose games like that.

Ignatius J.

Nash was fouled twice. The Lakers were fouling him ON PURPOSE to stop the clock, and then Nash is calling a Timeout on top of all this. The Ref stands there like he sees nothing and then just decides to called jump ball......Biased Officiating at it's worst.

Nash was fouled at the end of OT. Shouldnt have been jump ball.

Kobe is fouled on damn near every play he drives to the basket. Nash was fouled once, and the refs view was partially blocked. Nash was trying to call timeout when he LOST the ball. What MVP loses the ball on a questionable foul that wasn't even a hack? Sorry, Kobe ripped out their hearts on this one. Even if they win at Pheonix you know they aren't going to win in L.A.

Also, what goes around comes around. Kobe was wacked on the head at the end of game 1 with the game on the line. The suns player who did it even admitted to clobbering him and giving him the knot. No call and Pheonix wins game 1. So really it's even since LA should/could have swept this series.

Nash was fouled twice. The Lakers were fouling him ON PURPOSE to stop the clock, and then Nash is calling a Timeout on top of all this. The Ref stands there like he sees nothing and then just decides to called jump ball......Biased Officiating at it's worst.

I don't know why the refs would be biased against the league MVP. :laugh:

Uh, thing is, let's see the replay. They are instructed to STRIP THE BALL before HACKING. Maybe they got their hands on the ball first before the 'foul'?

And can we end the nonsense that the NCAA tournament is better than the NBA (or any aspect of the NCAA, other than the one and done nature of it.) you don't see the ebbs and flows and great players taking great shots and making great plays like you do in the NBA. You don't see the artistry.

NCAA sucks nut compared to NBA come playoff time (most seasons and so long as San Antonio isn't involved.)

If the Lakers win this series it is a free ticket to the WCF as no way the league allows the Clippers to beat them.

I was trying to figure out the bias and then it hit me...

Wait FOR IT!!!!!!

You're from Sacremento. :laugh:

I love it actually that the refs even if some calls were questionable(Nothing was blatant) let the players decide the game. Nash did not protect the ball and he got screwed.

If the Lakers win this series it is a free ticket to the WCF as no way the league allows the Clippers to beat them.

Not sure that what the league wants will matter. Cassell and Brand are good enough where no matter what the refs do, it might not matter. Plus, Corey Maggette always gives Kobe fits.

Not sure that what the league wants will matter. Cassell and Brand are good enough where no matter what the refs do, it might not matter. Plus, Corey Maggette always gives Kobe fits.

To me, the Lakers have just as good a shot at beating the Clippers as they have the Suns. If they play the Clippers I say Lakers in 7. Kwame is a good post defender on Brand and I don't see the Clippers really having a true go to player minus Cassell which could hurt them down the stretch.

The NBA is so weak the only teams the Lakers are definately out against are somebody like SA or maybe Dallas.

Uh, thing is, let's see the replay. They are instructed to STRIP THE BALL before HACKING. Maybe they got their hands on the ball first before the 'foul'?

And can we end the nonsense that the NCAA tournament is better than the NBA (or any aspect of the NCAA, other than the one and done nature of it.) you don't see the ebbs and flows and great players taking great shots and making great plays like you do in the NBA. You don't see the artistry.

NCAA sucks nut compared to NBA come playoff time (most seasons and so long as San Antonio isn't involved.)

I agree completely. The NBA playoffs are definitely better than the NCAA tournament. How many 1 point games have we seen already? It still only the first round.

Also, Kobe should've been the MVP. He is, hands down, the best player in the NBA. I still can't believe how he's changed his game for the playoffs. He's actively making his teammates better and getting thme involved while taking good shots and shooting a high percentage. And where the hell did Kwame Brown come from? If only we could've got that kind of hustle, rebounding and defense from him.

To me, the Lakers have just as good a shot at beating the Clippers as they have the Suns. If they play the Clippers I say Lakers in 7. Kwame is a good post defender on Brand and I don't see the Clippers really having a true go to player minus Cassell which could hurt them down the stretch.

The NBA is so weak the only teams the Lakers are definately out against are somebody like SA or maybe Dallas.

Cat Mobley can ball man, he actually defends Kobe as well as pretty much anyone in the league. Very intelligent player, has ball handling skills and he can stroke it.

Kobe showing why he's the best in the NBA.

(wrong forum, someone, move this, sorry mods)

He might be the best in the playoffs, though I would say Bron has been, the MVP is a regular season award not playoffs, even though it should be.

Nash still had the best year and success with his team.

He might be the best in the playoffs, though I would say Bron has been, the MVP is a regular season award not playoffs, even though it should be.

Please, Kobe didn't have to take 4 steps to get a game winner. Kobe didn't shoot 7-27 in game two. Kobe>Bron.

When Bron wins a playoff series then we can talk.

Cat Mobley can ball man, he actually defends Kobe as well as pretty much anyone in the league. Very intelligent player, has ball handling skills and he can stroke it.

I don't know. While I agree Odom and Kwame wont dominate like this series I think we'll see a much more agressive Kobe who will average around 30PPG instead of 22. I think the Clippers lack of playoff experience will doom them while the Lakers know, and especially know now, that if they keep it close Kobe will close it down.

Nash still had the best year and success with his team.

I think Dirk is the MVP of the playoffs, just like he was in the regular season.

Archived