Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVP's don't lose games like that.

Ignatius J.

i don't expect you to change your mind. you read way too much into stuff, and your manlove of kobe is a bit creepy. :laugh:

Ad hominem diversions are a good way of saying I'm wrong but I don't want to admit it. And I don't have any manlove of Kobe. He's my favorite player, yes, but engage me on any topic that I know I'm right on and I know you're wrong and I'm going to be just as stubborn about it as I am now. :)

i didn't say there was.

Then why the offense?

TheSteve get off it, your boy Kobe showed his true colors. When his team was down did he swoop in to pull them up and save the day? No, he gave up on them and just passed the rock. He wanted no part of it. He didn't even drive to generate open looks for his team he just passed it away as fast as he could. How many points did he score in the second half? How many shots did he take?

Kobe quit on his team. MVP my foot.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a case for Nash winning the MVP over Dirk. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

It appears no one will ever answer this guys request. I'd love to make a case for him, but I just can't do it.

I didnt agree that Nash didnt deserve MVP. Where did you get that from? Nash definitly deserves the MVP. I guess im not part of "We all." :(

Here, i made it easy for you:

Post #4 in that thread.

Geez, I was arguing against you so obviously we all didn't include those who thought Nash deserved it. But way to be picky just to be an ass. :laugh:

Kobe IS NOT, repeat IS NOT, any better than at least 8 other guys in the NBA. Probably a dozen.

This should be interesting, please name the 12 guys in the NBA Kobe is no better than. On second thought, it'll probably be boring because you're probably going to regurgitate some old line from the media.

Ad hominem diversions are a good way of saying I'm wrong but I don't want to admit it. And I don't have any manlove of Kobe. He's my favorite player, yes, but engage me on any topic that I know I'm right on and I know you're wrong and I'm going to be just as stubborn about it as I am now. :)

ad hominem? oakton, is that you?

steve, what exactly am i wrong about? that nash was a good candidate for mvp that didn't win just because he's white? cause that's all i've argued. you're just looking for a fight. sorry, you won't get it from me.

Then why the offense?

the offense was not the casual fan, but the implication that i don't know what i'm talking about.

TheSteve get off it, your boy Kobe showed his true colors. When his team was down did he swoop in to pull them up and save the day? No, he gave up on them and just passed the rock. He wanted no part of it. He didn't even drive to generate open looks for his team he just passed it away as fast as he could. How many points did he score in the second half? How many shots did he take?

casual fan, shut up.

The team was down the entire game. Kobe put up 23 points in the first half and that couldn't keep them within 15 points of the Phoenix Suns. Instead of saying Kobe quit on the team, why not admit the team quit on Kobe by deciding not to show up?

The beginning of the second half was a concerted effort by Phil Jackson to get Lamar into the game and try to get everyone elses shot going because obviously they weren't coming back if everyone was still walking around in a shell. That's where Phil made his mistake--ie he should have just given it to Kobe and got out the way. Before you could say ballhog they were down 25.

Are you saying Kobe could have brung his team back from 25 with the rest of his teammates not showing up? If so hell, give him the regular season MVP trophy. :rolleyes:

Geez, I was arguing against you so obviously we all didn't include those who thought Nash deserved it. But way to be picky just to be an ass. :laugh:

Or maybe just that i pointed out that you were wrong???? Yeah, i mean, when you say something like "We all agreed on X", when, in fact, only you and a few others actually did, is kinda silly. Sorry, i will not point it out when you are wrong anymore.

This should be interesting, please name the 12 guys in the NBA Kobe is no better than. On second thought, it'll probably be boring because you're probably going to regurgitate some old line from the media.

Im sure i could name the 12 greatest players in NBA history, and you'd be like, "no, nope, no, kobe's better, nope, NO WAY!, JORDAN? Yeah right, nope, not him either, not even close, Jerry West sucked, nope, not him either, no, and no. Kobe's better than all of them."

The team was down the entire game. Kobe put up 23 points in the first half and that couldn't keep them within 15 points of the Phoenix Suns. Instead of saying Kobe quit on the team, why not admit the team quit on Kobe by deciding not to show up?

The beginning of the second half was a concerted effort by Phil Jackson to get Lamar into the game and try to get everyone elses shot going because obviously they weren't coming back if everyone was still walking around in a shell. That's where Phil made his mistake--ie he should have just given it to Kobe and got out the way. Before you could say ballhog they were down 25.

Are you saying Kobe could have brung his team back from 25 with the rest of his teammates not showing up? If so hell, give him the regular season MVP trophy. :rolleyes:

Why don't I say the team quit? Simple - Kobe is the leader of that club and the one coming in with real post season experience. He quit.

I'm sure the Phil Jackson didn't tell Kobe "don't drive or draw defenders... just throw the ball to someone else because that's the best way to help them." Watch Nash if you want to see how you can get your team mates some scoring without looking like you quit. They don't keep track of assists for nothing. Kobe could have been replaced by any scrub on the bench in the second half and the Lakers would have been BETTER.

Or maybe just that i pointed out that you were wrong???? Yeah, i mean, when you say something like "We all agreed on X", when, in fact, only you and a few others actually did, is kinda silly. Sorry, i will not point it out when you are wrong anymore.

Alright, I will officially apologize for saying we all. It was an all inclusive term used in oxymoronic fashion. Are you satisfied now? Just terribly bad grammar. :rolleyes:

Im sure i could name the 12 greatest players in NBA history, and you'd be like, "no, nope, no, kobe's better, nope, NO WAY!, JORDAN? Yeah right, nope, not him either, not even close, Jerry West sucked, nope, not him either, no, and no. Kobe's better than all of them."

Come on, you can do better than that. Instead of diverting with "strawmen" can't you atleast name 12 players in the NBA who Kobe is no better than? If you're going to make an argument back it up, but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Don't you think the WNBA is better than the NBA? :laugh:

Why don't I say the team quit? Simple - Kobe is the leader of that club and the one coming in with real post season experience. He quit.

I'm sure the Phil Jackson didn't tell Kobe "don't drive or draw defenders... just throw the ball to someone else because that's the best way to help them." Watch Nash if you want to see how you can get your team mates some scoring without looking like you quit. They don't keep track of assists for nothing. Kobe could have been replaced by any scrub on the bench in the second half and the Lakers would have been BETTER.

The Lakers were running pick and rolls with Kobe and the Suns were trapping. I don't know, but it seems like fundamental basketball to pass the ball out of a trap.

In that case you'll be delighted to know he thinks Kobe is the best player in the world.

Charles Barkley is usually right on when it comes to his analysis.Kobe is easily the one of the top five players in the league.I am no Kobe fan and hate the lakers but I also know he is a great player.Nash wasn't an MVP if you ask me.He has a better group of players than Kobe.

Come on, you can do better than that. Instead of diverting with "strawmen" can't you atleast name 12 players in the NBA who Kobe is no better than? If you're going to make an argument back it up, but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Don't you think the WNBA is better than the NBA? :laugh:

Steve Nash

Gil Arenas

Lebron James

Dirk

Tim Duncan

Dwayne Wade

AI

McGrady

8 guys that I would put on the same level as Kobe when healthy. And im probably forgetting at least 1.

Now you can go ahead with the nope, no, no, uh-uh, no way bit. :laugh:

Steve Nash

Gil Arenas

Lebron James

Dirk

Tim Duncan

Dwayne Wade

AI

McGrady

8 guys that I would put on the same level as Kobe when healthy. And im probably forgetting at least 1.

Now you can go ahead with the nope, no, no, uh-uh, no way bit. :laugh:

Arenas? Nope. He's not even on Wade's level yet. In my opinion Arenas is reaching the elite tier but defensively he's not there yet and offensively he is still inconsistent with his decision making. This was his first real full season where he has cemented himself as a bonafied top level superstar and he needs to do it more to be considered with the elite.

Dirk-I don't think he's as good as Kobe but that's just personal opinion as I don't think he responds well in clutch situations. But yeah, you can argue that one.

AI-Nope. He is on the downside of his career. I mean seriously? No way dude. If he was as good as Kobe then in the weak eastern conference where you only need 40 wins he'd be in the playoffs because the Sixers talent is comparable to LA.

Duncan-Yes.

McGrady-Nope, when both are healthy they've matched up and Kobe has shown he's the better player. McGrady also lacks the drive and killer instinct of some of the other players on this list.

Wade-When Wade gets a jump shot that goes in consistently call me.

LeBron-Right now he relies on his athleticism a lot to get him out of bad decision making. When he realizes what a powerful combination of skill AND athleticism he can have then he will be the best player in the league if he can come through in the clutch.

By the way that's seven please blitz not 12. And here I am trying to have an actual debate instead of just spouting drivel yet you didn't even say anything in regards to why they're just as good or better than Kobe. ;)

The Lakers were running pick and rolls with Kobe and the Suns were trapping. I don't know, but it seems like fundamental basketball to pass the ball out of a trap.
Also seems like fundamental basketball to move without the ball forcing Sun defenders to give up more open looks when they move to double up the second time. In fact it's what Kobe had been doing for much of the series. The difference tonight is that he quit on his team like a punk.

Archived