Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVP's don't lose games like that.

Ignatius J.

Great game played by the Suns tonight on the offensive end.

Lakers really killed themselves that game with poor defense (they need to stop switching Brown onto Nash on the pick and rolls), turnovers (20), and Smush Parker (If 2 points and 0 rebounds is all he can put up in 40+ minutes of action, he shouldn't be on the court). Phil Jackson needs to find a way to exploit Nash's defense, he can't just keep playing a bum like Smush Parker at PG for 40 minutes a night.

I think Odom, Walton, and Kobe have enough PG skills to more than compensate for not having a traditional PG on the court. They should put Aaron McKie or Jim Jackson out there. This would mean putting Kobe on Nash, which maybe could lead to foul trouble. But it's game 7, can't leave anything on the court, got to try everything.

Wow that was more than a blowout that was a complete ass whipping. The Lakers just got it handed to them up 3-1 and getting completely dominated in game 7.

Kobe had 24 and 1 point in the second half. Wow, that's pretty bad. NBA scoring leader scored 1 point in the second half. Played 43 minutes in the game and came out with 4:54 in the 4th.

Kobe had a hell of a season and is the reason they made the playoffs, but talk about laying an egg in the second half.

Nash just has a way better team. The way Phil had those guys playing early in the series, I thought they may actually pull it off. What a dud that game 7 was, I had high hopes for that game.

I think it's unfair to talk about Kobe's secondhalf scoring, once they were out of it, it was over. He just passed the ball around, they were defeated. Phil Jackson really got outcoached. He never went with a lineup that was able to exploit Nash, refusing to play Jim Jackson or Aaron McKie. He switched on the pick and rolls all series long. He played Smush Parker way too much.

Nash just has a way better team. The way Phil had those guys playing early in the series, I thought they may actually pull it off. What a dud that game 7 was, I had high hopes for that game.

I think it's unfair to talk about Kobe's secondhalf scoring, once they were out of it, it was over. He just passed the ball around, they were defeated. Phil Jackson really got outcoached. He never went with a lineup that was able to exploit Nash, refusing to play Jim Jackson or Aaron McKie. He switched on the pick and rolls all series long. He played Smush Parker way too much.

:laugh::laugh:

I think it's kind of funny that all of these people who weren't even in the thread when the Lakers were winning are posting now. I can't respect that.

Now, if Diesel or somebody who was here arguing want to crow that's fine.

As for the game, none of Kobe's teammates showed up. They(as in Kobe's supporting cast) shot more shots than Nash's supporting cast and Kobe only shot 16 times. It was just a choke job by a young inexperienced team that didn't have the mental fortitude to recover from a heartbreaking game 6.

I find the extreme Kobe hate by a lot of people amusing. As I read on another board, the Philosophy Of A Kobe Hater(my words) is really such that they are subliminally acknowledging his status as the greatest player in the game. Nobody else when their team loses is always judged as doing something wrong independant of circumstance. With Lebron, its he needs more help. With Nash, his teammates aren't playing good enough. But with Kobe-he didn't shoot enough in the 2nd half, whereas in game 6 he shot too much. :laugh:

But cue Major Harris Laker bashing. It's especially obvious Major Harris is only a casual follower of the game.

But cue Major Harris Laker bashing. It's especially obvious Major Harris is only a casual follower of the game.

find where i have bashed kobe.

show me.

my only argument EVER is that a case could be made that nash is the mvp, and his winning it was not the result of some "white boy conspiracy theory."

no need to call me out, dude.

I think it's kind of funny that all of these people who weren't even in the thread when the Lakers were winning are posting now. I can't respect that.

Now, if Diesel or somebody who was here arguing want to crow that's fine.

As for the game, none of Kobe's teammates showed up. They(as in Kobe's supporting cast) shot more shots than Nash's supporting cast and Kobe only shot 16 times. It was just a choke job by a young inexperienced team that didn't have the mental fortitude to recover from a heartbreaking game 6.

I find the extreme Kobe hate by a lot of people amusing. As I read on another board, the Philosophy Of A Kobe Hater(my words) is really such that they are subliminally acknowledging his status as the greatest player in the game. Nobody else when their team loses is always judged as doing something wrong independant of circumstance. With Lebron, its he needs more help. With Nash, his teammates aren't playing good enough. But with Kobe-he didn't shoot enough in the 2nd half, whereas in game 6 he shot too much. :laugh:

I was in that stupid Kobe got robbed thread at the beginning. Sorry bud, Kobe didnt get it done.

Kobe is in the top tier of NBA players. But he isnt above them. He's the equal of about 8-10 guys. And Nash deserves the MVP award, you cant deny that.

I was in that stupid Kobe got robbed thread at the beginning. Sorry bud, Kobe didnt get it done.

Kobe is in the top tier of NBA players. But he isnt above them. He's the equal of about 8-10 guys. And Nash deserves the MVP award, you cant deny that.

sure he can. he knows basketball. the rest of us are just casual fans, and know nothing. :rolleyes:

can we talk about that now?

or does lebron just have a better team around him?

Sure, I'd still take Kobe over Lebron any day of the week right now.

What, just because you're a fairweather fan means I'm going to flip flop because Kobe lost a series? In my opinion Kobe is the best player in the league, but individual talent and skill does not equal team dude. And Basketball at the end is a team sport.

And yes..Postulate with a straight face:

1. Kwame>Z?

2. Odom>Hughes? That's about a wash with Odom given the edge because Hughes is never healthy.

3. Parker>Snow?

4. Walton>Gooden?

These are just the starters. Do you seriously want me to list and compare every player on the Cleveland team to the Lakers? Lebron has more talent and experience. The Lakers are bringing Sasha, Brian Cook, Ronny Turiaf off the bench and the Cavs are bringing Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Flip Murray, Varijo(sp).

Yup, Kobe has as much talent around him as Lebron. :rolleyes:

It wasn't Kobe got robbed. I think I was the only person who outright said Kobe should get MVP. Nibbs said Kobe/LeBron/Dirk and The Sir said Dirk.

We all agreed, and probably still do, that Nash didn't deserve MVP.

And PleaseBlitz...Kobe is not above the top tier because he lost a series? Great logic.

a fairweather fan of who? what the hell are you talking about?

This, "Oh, you're going to change your opinion now because you're team lost" ish is exactly the kind of thinking a fairweather fan would exhibit.:whoknows:

There's nothing inherently wrong with being a casual basketball fan on a football board.

And Nash deserves the MVP award, you cant deny that.

I already denied it. A series win does not for me a Nash MVP validation make. What, a rebound in game 6 after Nash clanked a 3 from putting the Suns away? Yet here I stand to change my mind. :rolleyes:

This, "Oh, you're going to change your opinion now because you're team lost" ish is exactly the kind of thinking a fairweather fan would exhibit.:whoknows:

i don't expect you to change your mind. you read way too much into stuff, and your manlove of kobe is a bit creepy. :laugh:

There's nothing inherently wrong with being a casual basketball fan on a football board.

:

i didn't say there was.

It wasn't Kobe got robbed. I think I was the only person who outright said Kobe should get MVP. Nibbs said Kobe/LeBron/Dirk and The Sir said Dirk.

We all agreed, and probably still do, that Nash didn't deserve MVP.

And PleaseBlitz...Kobe is not above the top tier because he lost a series? Great logic.

I didnt agree that Nash didnt deserve MVP. Where did you get that from? Nash definitly deserves the MVP. I guess im not part of "We all." :(

Here, i made it easy for you:

Nash absolutely deserves it.

His team won 54 games this season.

Post #4 in that thread.

Kobe IS NOT, repeat IS NOT, any better than at least 8 other guys in the NBA. Probably a dozen.

Archived