Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Restaurants that the team likes

CliffBattles

I love going out to eat, but usually try to not go out as often, so I can afford to go to more expensive places.

Anyway, the Morton's Steakhouse (which, I still think has the best steaks, I don't care about the other copycats, that have popped up in the area) in the Reston towncenter, is one of the places that I set aside extra $$$$ to get myself a really good steak.

Well, a couple months ago, on a Sunday night, I saw Cooley and his ex-cheerleader girlfriend having dinner for her 21st Bday. I used to see her all the time, because I worked in South Riding, Va and she lived there, or her parents did, or aunt and uncle, or something.

Then, about a month ago, or whenever they signed Lloyd, on a Sunday night, I saw Gibbs, Saunders, Snyder, Lloyd, John Abraham, Fauria, Cerrato, and some other players/coaches, all eating dinner at the table RIGHT NEXT to mine. Really cool, I couldn't really hear what they were saying, but some jovial laughing was really resonating. Maybe, thinking of all the money they are making.

Then two weeks ago, on a Sunday night, I saw Jerry Gray, talking with some young guy, that I didn't recognize, maybe a prospect.

Then this past Sunday, I saw Mark Brunell, with like six other guys.

A little strange, but the menu at the bottom, has the Redskin logo, and describes the place as the official restaurant of The Washington Redkins, or something like that, so maybe some deal is worked out.

Anyway, it has always been a Sunday night, when I have seen them. I never say anything to them, figure to let the guys eat in peace. I would personally hate to be bothered during dinner, especially a nice dinner at a place like Morton's. They are never drinking, wine or anything.

Just wanted to know, if anyone else knows of a place they frequent. Where recurring sitings happen.

A while back some guy came on here who works at the Cheesecake Factory and was talking about all the Skins he's served and how much they tipped, etc.

Thats cool that you saw all those coaches, and Snyder, at once, damn. I met Clinton Portis and Carlos Rogers at ESPN Zone, but they were there to tape an interview, not eat.

No, the Morton's in Reston. It is only a few years old. Really nice place. The one in Tyson's feels more like a basement, to me. But, for their steaks, Morton's is the best. I've tried most of the high end places, and their steaks just kick my *****.

The guy Jerry Gray was talking to, looked like a young, athletic, african-american.....hope that helps.

The best steakhouse in DC is Ray's the Steaks in Arlington. They are not glamorous, but they have the best food and they will cost 1/2 of what Morton's does. Their best steak is a hanger steak there for $20 and give you free mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. They have plenty of other cuts for more money. They also have decent wine at reasonable prices.

Too bad the Redskins don't frequent there (I have never seen any of them there), but for steak that is the place.

The best steakhouse in DC is Ray's the Steaks in Arlington. They are not glamorous, but they have the best food and they will cost 1/2 of what Morton's does. Their best steak is a hanger steak there for $20 and give you free mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. They have plenty of other cuts for more money. They also have decent wine at reasonable prices.

Too bad the Redskins don't frequent there (I have never seen any of them there), but for steak that is the place.

Exactly.

Why do I have to pay $60 for my frickin' steak and get nothing with it for that price? Ridiculous.

I once worked for a fairly well-known restaurateur here in DC, and I asked him how he could get away with charging so much for his food. He said "I could charge less, but if my prices were lower, people would think something's wrong".

Are the steaks at these places as good as those at Outback Steakhouse?

Mortons is the most overrated resturant in the world :puke: The service is 2nd to none (I will give it that first class all the way) but I will never go back with my money. I'll let the rest of the $60,000 a year millionares pretend to like the food.There fillet is not worth $40. Mikes american grill in springfield has better food at 1/3 of the price. The best thing I had at Mortons was the Shrimp ****tail and the backed potatoe every thing else was close to being bad.

If I made NFL money, the very last place I would eat is The Cheesecake Factory.

They are flat out nasty.

And whoever says Mortons is over-rated... sorry, but you're wrong. ;)

Your a big fan of playing $40 for a fillet that taste like nothing and has fat on it? Go to Mikes and order the Crabcake fillet combo and then go to Mortons and order the fillet and Crab cake ala cart and come back with a honest post.

I work at Tomato Palace, owned by Clydes and next to the Clydes in Columbia. If CP likes Clydes he should see how we do Italian food, I would love to serve food to any of the skins. "Beautiful food for beautiful people."

Are the steaks at these places as good as those at Outback Steakhouse?

:doh: ... You should be shot for such a statement ... dig deep in the pockets for say $30 bucks ... go to Ray's the Steaks in Arlington and order yourself the Hanger Steak (which comes with free salad right now) and a glass of wine or whatever your preference and then come back and tell the board how different that was to an Outback Steak.

The naivete pains my soul :laugh:

Archived