Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Extremeskins and Redskins!

jsevier

For months I have read this board religiously 20 or 30 times each day. I had not posted until today because I felt as though my first post should mean something. Well after the events of the past week, my first post not only means something but, in so many ways, is part of a healing process. My dad just passed away a little more than a week ago and after sitting down this afternoon to reflect on things I realized that all week long, when things got just a bit too much to handle, I would use the members of this great board to get me back on the right track.

It also occured to me that not only have the members of this board given me lots of smiles and laughs but the Redskins themselves are more than just a football team. More than just a franchise... They unite so many people when times are not so good. I have bled all things burgundy and gold for the last 20 years. Each loss was one that I lost sleep over and each win (especially against the Cowboys) was sweeter than most things in life.

I guess my point is THANK YOU to all the members, mods, and guests on Extremeskins. You have helped me through a rough time in my life and I hope my post will make everyone realize just how special this board and OUR team are. Here's to a great season and seeing OUR team raise the Lombardi Trophy in 2007!

sorry for your loss man. This is a great place to be because a bunch of us have gone through very tough situations only to be helped by some of the great people on this site. Make yourself at home and enjoy it... its alot of fun. Even though your father got his angle wings a little sooner then you would like.. just know hes everywhere you go.

Posts like this are why we became so hawkish on redundant threads. This post builds community. It shouldn't be knocked off Page 1 because 20 dopes feel they have to start a different LaVar thread if they see someone who looks like him in Wyoming. Glad to see your post, and hang in there. I know what you're going through.

I feel for you man. Hope you can get through this tough time. I lost two grandparents in the past year. I rememeber sitting on the floor with my 88 year old grandpa and watching the skins games. Though he did not know much about Football, after moving to the states from India, it really brought us together. Sorry about your loss man, and hopefully the skins bring back some good memories.

I think we've all felt the way you have brother - it IS more than a messageboard, and a collection of NFL-obsessed internet geeks. I know I'd have never guessed when I stumbled through the front door 4 years ago that this place would become an important part of my life. But it has, and folks like you are the reason why.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I know many of us can relate - best of luck to you and your family, and glad you're here :cheers:

jsevier,

First off, great post. It's always refreshing to see quality people join this site who fully understand what this community is about. You clearly seem to be one of those people.

We'll keep you in our prayers as you go through your healing process.

Enjoy the website !

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I know you will cherish his memory.

We are a big family here........and as in any big family.......we have our moments of frustration.........disagreements........and anger.

But know.........the one thing we have in common is our love for the Skins......and ES.

Welcome aboard.

Blondie

Archived