Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fan Here - - -

NFC Beast

a LOT of fans ask the same question. how come their teams are able to beat a Joe Gibbs' coached Redskins team in September or October but lose in December in the run up to the playoffs? :)

the Giants took advantage of the emotion surrounding the passing of their owner at home to hand the Redskins a big-time loss early on.

While the Giants started the season strong, the Redskins at 5-1 were the team in the East that put things together at the end and carried that momentum into the playoffs while the Giants were sucking wind by the time they faced their Little Bighorn moment at home against the Panthers in January.

The biggest edge the Redskins have on the Giants is the coaching staff. Gibbs and Williams are better coaches. And when you add in Al Saunders as an offensive assistant you are really set up to tip the scales even further.

Nothing against Tom Coughlin. He is a good coach. A good organizer who gets his teams to the playoffs over time. But he is not a proven championship coach. And I think that is the difference. Gibbs wins not only in the regular season but gets even last seed wildcard teams like the 10-6 team this year nudged past the first round :)

I dont really know what this Giants fan is talking about but who is bashing New York? I got to admit I got sick of reading it half way through so I didnt finish but I havent heard too many people on ES saying that the Giants games will be a piece of cake this year.

:gaintsuck

Who leads the all time series between the Redskins and Giants?

Why ask a question you already posted the answer to? Besides, I thought it didn't matter...

and the All time winning record? who cares?!?! its all about now....

Anyway, congrats on leading the all time series. Maybe that factoid will allow your team to score a point in the playoffs this coming year.

On a serious note, the Giants played well last year and look to be decent this year. But the need to come to a divisional rival's site to tell us about it speaks to your own feelings of inadequacy better than any internet flame can.

You guys got some sweet players as well picking up Randle El and Lloyd and Arch and Carter, even though obviously overpaying them. (come on you know Snyder did) but that doesnt matter.

Obviously it doesn't matter, because if you pick up Arrington, YOU'LL be overpaying.

What ever side Lavar plays we will pass to that side all day long, like taking candy from a baby. Oh yea Mrs. Lavar meet Mr. Samuels or Mr. Jansen, all 300+ pounds that you never seem to be able to shed. Even better meet 280 pound FB Mr. Sellers, ask Mrs. dawkins about him....lol

dont forget about Osi Strahan + Pierce

Why ask a question you already posted the answer to? Besides, I thought it didn't matter...
and the All time winning record? who cares?!?! its all about now.... /QUOTE]

Anyway, congrats on leading the all time series. Maybe that factoid will allow your team to score a point in the playoffs this coming year.

On a serious note, the Giants played well last year and look to be decent this year. But the need to come to a divisional rival's site to tell us about it speaks to your own feelings of inadequacy better than any internet flame can.

Learn to work that fancy BB code first. Second stop trying to play Freud and draw parallels where there aren't any, fans visit rival fans message boards for the same reason they visit rival stadiums because you are rivals!

Lastly I'm rubbing it in, the fact that he assumed that the Redskins lead the Giants in the all time series and tried to use it to bash my favorite team makes it a perfect weapon to beat him over the head with for being stupid. As well as the fact that I never said it didn't matter.

Behind it all Giants fans are worried that the Redskins might have surpassed them in the offseason and they are nervous :)

that's why there is all the excitement over LaVar possibly being a Giant.

except when you sit down and realize that the Redskins lost a number of games to the Giants with Arrington on the field in burgundy and gold.

he is as capable of being a negative gamechanger with a blown assignment or roughing penalty as he is of being a positive gamechanger with an interception or forced fumble.

dont forget about Osi Strahan + Pierce

Portis will deal with pierce. He handles mouthy linebackers well. he knocked quite a few of em on their ass last year, knocked out one. as for big gap tooth man and, osi tuhguthhhhtthso.....our o-line is plenty capable of those 2 or mike sellars can pick one up(and throw him).....just show LA the ball, get him to charge the qb at full speed, he will let cooley slide right by him, throw the ball over his head, first down,and then some. trust me, ive seen it a hundred times.

Noon: The draft kicks off as ESPN interns plug Mel Kiper Jr. into the nearest electrical outlet 040427_manning.jpgDidn't Eli look thrilled holding up that Chargers jersey?12:04 p.m.: As Manning is jeered by New York fans, Chris Mortensen reports that Eli turned against San Diego after seeing the Real World episode where Frankie was cutting herself. Seriously, what's wrong with San Diego? The Clippers left almost 20 years ago!

12:06: Kiper raves about Eli's "fire and passion." Are we sure he's related to Peyton?

12:08: Suzy Kolber interviews Eli and Archie (doing the "I just want what's best for my son" routine better than Cush's dad in Jerry Maguire). With the fans still booing, the two couldn't look more uncomfortable. My buddy Jack-O calls with an idea: Archie should pull a Namath to win over the crowd, just lean over to Suzy and say, "We hope they trade the pick, but I just ... I want to kiss you." Who wouldn't love the Mannings after that?

12:19: With the Chargers still on the clock, poor Eli looks more worried than Jayson Williams after the Globetrotters started to take the stand. Remember Stevie Francis trying on that Grizzlies hat in disbelief? We're headed for a sequel.

12:25: San Diego takes Manning. Wow. This is awkward. Eli holds up the jersey like it's soaked in Vlade Divac's sweat. There won't be a better sports face in 2004 than the Eli Manning How-Long-Do-I-Have-to-Hold-Up-This-Crappy-Jersey Face.

12:28: Eli to Suzy: "Everyone knows how we feel. I just hope a trade will happen." And if not, I guess I'll just have to deal with 80-degree weather and hot chicks. What's wrong with him? Meanwhile, Oakland takes Robert Gallery, a dead ringer for every strip club bouncer in the country. By the way, it's always fun when they show highlights of an O-lineman. Watch this block!

12:46: The Cardinals grab Larry Fitzgerald, giving them three blue-chip wide receivers ... and Josh McCown throwing them the ball. That's like spending $20 million to revamp a restaurant when Papa Gino is your chef.

12:55: The Giants take Philip Rivers. Damn. I was hoping he'd fall to Miami, change his name to Philip Michael Rivers and start wearing linen suits. "I saw a lot of Bernie Kosar in Rivers," Kiper tells us. Is that a compliment? That's like saying, "I see a lot of Ian Ziering in the guy who plays Luke on 'The OC.' "

1:02: Suzy tells Rivers, "We know that Marty Schottenheimer and the Chargers loved what they saw of you on tape." Again, is that a compliment? And does that mean an Eli trade is coming?

1:05: I'm already bored of Tagliabue. Let's make this a rule: David Stern moderates any event where there's a podium, hand-shaking and things that need to be announced. Even the Oscars and the Tonys. I feel very strongly about this.

1:09: Eli is free! And the fans cheer! Is any place more fickle than New York? Meanwhile, only the Chargers could pick first in a draft that has six "can't miss" prospects and end up with none of them. They're the new Bengals.

1:26: The draft limps along as we await Eli interview No.3. I'm on the edge of my seat. Lingering questions: have there been more Reggie Williams, Dee Browns or Michael Smiths in sports over the years? Does anyone use the second person more than Kiper? Is anyone else excited about Kellen II and LeBron attempting their first 17-step handshake-hug in a Cleveland nightclub? And is there a funnier phrase in the English language than, "Tommy Maddox is threatening to hold out"?

1:42: Poor A.J. Smith. The Chargers GM looks like Joe Rogan just forced him to eat pig vomit. He claims to be "very happy" with the trade.

Also claims this "doesn't mean they're giving up" on Drew Brees. Omarosa doesn't lie this much.

1:43: Suzy interviews Eli and Peyton, then throws it back to Chris Berman. The boys look like they might tear it up at Brooks Brothers later.

1:49: Berman praises Eli for being "classy" enough to hold up a Chargers jersey after they chose him. What else could he have done ... whip it to the floor, pull an Iron Sheik and scream "San Diego Chargers, hock-ptew!"?

Behind it all Giants fans are worried that the Redskins might have surpassed them in the offseason and they are nervous :)

If that makes you sleep better at night, then keep lying to yourself.

The truth is, I come here for Redskins news, and to see what Redskins fans reactions are to general football news. Even though I'm a Giants fan, I like to see what my rivals are doing with their team (I also visit the Eagles MB too, unfortunately the hicks in Texas can't figure out the internet yet and lack an active MB)

12:04 p.m.: As Manning is jeered by New York fans, Chris Mortensen reports that Eli turned against San Diego after seeing the Real World episode where Frankie was cutting herself. Seriously, what's wrong with San Diego? The Clippers left almost 20 years ago!

Did you actually watch the 2004 draft? It may have been held in NY, but if you watched it you would have seen the people jeering Manning were all either wearing Chargers paraphenalia, or had a sign with Chargers propaganda on it.

I really cannot wait for the season to start, simply so pointless debates like these can come to an end.

The Giants shut out the 'skins in the first meeting and the 'skins dominated the second.

The Giants got shut out in the playoffs, big deal. I look at it as a positive; the team has motivation to prove that last season was not a fluke. The last time the Giants got shut out in the playoffs was in '86. The Giants came back to win the superbowl the following year. Not saying that will happen again, just saying how that argument means nothing.

Both teams have improved over the offseason. The 'skins got some quality players (overpaid or not, it doesn't matter). The Giants have made some upgrades to the secondary, and LaVar would be an improvement to the LB corps.

I'm not going to lie. I'm worried about facing the 'skins this year; mostly with the coaching staff that they have developed. I can see the Giants secondary being exploited.

The NFC East will be tough, the Giants-'Skins games will be interesting, and we'll just have to wait and see who's the better team of the two.

End of story 'till September.

but, that's my point. so far what have the Giants done with their team to upgrade it to keep up with moves made by other teams? I really don't think re-signing Brandon Short and acquiring 33 year old corner Sam Madison are going to be the equalizers :)

but, that's my point. so far what have the Giants done with their team to upgrade it to keep up with moves made by other teams? I really don't think re-signing Brandon Short and acquiring 33 year old corner Sam Madison are going to be the equalizers :)

The Giants signed 3 DB's to help the secondary (Madison, McQuaters, and Demps) as well as locking down crucial players like Shockey, O'hara, Umenyiora, adding Short for LB depth, and possibly signing Arrington to start at WLB. The Giants didn't need a flurry of signings to improve they were already a good team to begin with. The Giants already had 2 solid starting WR's, the NFC's best TE, one of the NFL's best RB's, a solid O-line with quality depth at every position, a franchise QB, 2 pro-bowl DE's with depth, as well as recent aquisitions already pointed out and Antonio Pierce to anchor the LB corps down.

Now the Giants can head into the draft and pick up a good DT and young CB for the future. As well as possibly picking up a new #3 WR. Those are the 3 needs for the Giants.

The Giants signed 3 DB's to help the secondary (Madison, McQuaters, and Demps) as well as locking down crucial players like Shockey, O'hara, Umenyiora, adding Short for LB depth, and possibly signing Arrington to start at WLB. The Giants didn't need a flurry of signings to improve they were already a good team to begin with. The Giants already had 2 solid starting WR's, the NFC's best TE, one of the NFL's best RB's, a solid O-line with quality depth at every position, a franchise QB, 2 pro-bowl DE's with depth, as well as recent aquisitions already pointed out and Antonio Pierce to anchor the LB corps down.

All that and you couldn't even win one playoff game. Sucks to be a paper champ.

I really cannot wait for the season to start, simply so pointless debates like these can come to an end.

The Giants shut out the 'skins in the first meeting and the 'skins dominated the second.

The Giants got shut out in the playoffs, big deal. I look at it as a positive; the team has motivation to prove that last season was not a fluke. The last time the Giants got shut out in the playoffs was in '86. The Giants came back to win the superbowl the following year. Not saying that will happen again, just saying how argument means nothing.

Both teams have improved over the offseason. The 'skins got some quality players (overpaid or not, it doesn't matter). The Giants have made some upgrades to the secondary, and LaVar would be an improvement to the LB corps.

I'm not going to lie. I'm worried about facing the 'skins this year; mostly with the coaching staff that they have developed. I can see the Giants secondary being exploited.

The NFC East will be tough, the Giants-'Skins games will be interesting, and we'll just have to wait and see who's the better team of the two.

End of story 'till September.

It can't be over, please just say no!!!!

You are getting ready to sign an all pro linebacker, an all world linebacker a top of the universe linebacker. Will you please come back and tell us how good he is gonna play for the Giants in Giants stadium. Do you remember the October 30th game when the Giants ran 76 offensive plays and he had a whopping 3 tackles all day???

The Giants haven't substantially improved themselves in the offseason. The Redskins have. More importantly, every day spent with Coughlin brings a team closer to rebellion. Every day spent with Gibbs brings a team closer together. Both coaches get physical, hard play out of their teams. One does it in a way that builds a team of character that comes together. The other does it in a way that wears thin over time.

The only clear positional advantage the Giants have over the Skins is at defensive end, where Washington is deeper, but the Giants have two better pass rushers. Where Washington may be the best in football defending the run up front, the dynamic ability to get to the passer of the Giants ends is what makes them better. There are other interesting comparisions to be sure. One could reasonably pick Tiki over Portis, though, no personnel guy would. Nothing about the Giants secondary is all that intimidating.

Having seen Pierce hold down the middle for us against bad offenses and having seen Marshall do the same against good offenses, ultimately, we're not losing in the conversation there. The Giants have potential if Manning evolves into a consistent player. As we do if Campbell does, though, we probably won't play Campbell.

I think the Giants will finish third in the NFC East, just ahead of Dallas.

Archived