Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cromartie Visits Skins....scout.com article

SkinsNoles21

This guy is going in first round or at least early second round. No way he will drop to us unless we trade up. I am not too crazy about trading away picks any more.

Frankly, I think he will go surprisingly high just because of his raw talent.

This is a true boom or bust player. The ACL tear really concerns me, but when you have a chance to get a player who FSU coaches call "The best athlete since Deion Sanders" he should at least be considered. For a contemporary comparison, I'd say he's most like Chris McCallister.

Chromartie is a player who will be in the 25-35 draft range. I think if he falls into Round 2, the Skins could certainly put a package together to take him. It would be very costly, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer the 53rd, a couple of our 2nd day picks, and next season's #2 for a player like this. Sitting still and letting things unfold is not in our nature. :)

Imagine this cat, Rogers, Springs, Taylor and AA? You are talking about the biggest, most physical secondary in the league. :D

I would trade are next year's first because there is no top player coming out at positions we would need so why not do it and moving up for Cromartie would be excellent thats if Dallas doesn't take him in the first round because he is really moving up

Well we may have just found out about Springs eventual replacement. I doubt the Redskins are too concerned about his injury and his being out all of 2005 considering they have the luxury of working Cromartie in slowly.

I would have no problem trading into the late 1st for this guy because he would have been a top 5 or 10 pick next year had he stayed in school.

Without his injury, we wouldn't have a chance in hell at a prospect like this. So it can't bother us that much, especially since he had a good work out recently.

Getting an eventual replacement for Springs was going to have to be done eventually and the Redskins have a chance to land the potential optimal replacement. This guy, if he stays healthy, is above Samari Rolle (another former Seminole CB) in terms of potential.

And don't forget that Williams had Rolle in Tennessee for much of the late 90s...he probably likes what he sees in Cromartie no doubt.

if we can trade up to get him and trade next years first and a late pick this year, then we still have our 2nd round #53 pick so we can take Cromartie with the trade up and select one of the good LB's with #53! So we can get what we want in this years draft and next year there isnt really any good people at the positions we would need so we would be set to go directly for depth next draft!

Like Cromartie alot. I don't think he makes it past the 1st round though. If he were to fall into the 2nd round, let's say to number #39 or #40 overall and a team were will to take our 1st round pick in next years draft, I'd snag him in a heartbear! I have seen other mock drafts Watson dropping to the 2nd round and if he were there with our #53 overall, I would be estatic if we picked him.

On the http://redskins.scout.com/index.html site it also mentions us being interested in this fellow:

Rob Ninkovich

Height: 6-3 1/8 | Weight: 260 | 40-Time: 4.92

Official Bio

Strengths:

Overachiever who gets the most out of his ability...Displays good quickness...Very competitive and is a fiery and intense player...A real hard worker with a great motor...Plays with great leverage...Was very productive throughout his career.

Weaknesses:

Does not have the height or bulk you look for in a defensive end...Speed is only average...Does not hold up well against the run...Needs to get stronger...Might have to change positions in the pros...Probably doesn't have a lot of upside.

Notes:

Transfer from Joliet (IL) Junior College...The more highly-touted Ray Edwards was actually benched in favor of Ninkovich...Averaged 13 tackles for loss and 8 sacks during his two seasons in the Big 10...Could be a 3-4 outside linebacker...Lacks ideal measurables but you can't ignore the top intangibles and great production.

Would love to see us grab this guy in the 6th if he falls that far.

hmmm lets name good noles defenders

1. D Sanders

2. D Brooks

3. C Simon

4. P Boulware

5. M Boulware

6. Leroy Bulter

7. C Hope

etc and i can go on, before idiotic comments are made because u hate a college think again good players play ball point blank, HAIL

:notworthy

Just to add on...

S. Rolle

T. Buckley

B. Mcfadden

D. Dockett

T. Johnson

T. Polley

D. Jackson

D. Gibson

-And that's just defense

Not including; Bunkley (dt), Sims (olb), and Wimbley(de) who will all be first rounders this year!

This is for the guy who said "no thanks" just because he was a Seminole!

wow, that is some damn good information. thanks to both of you guys for providing really informative facts.

as for cromartie, he sounds like he's gonna own. i can't wait to see him play.

This guy would have been projected to go earlier in the draft if he wouldn't have gotten hurt in college. He is fit now and would be a great addition to the DB corps. Rogers, Cromartie, Taylor, and Archuletta.......I'd hate to go up against that group. We should trade up and get this guy.

Archived