Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the Most Boring Sport on TV

cuchip703

I can't believe anyone is saying anything besides baseball. It's boring to watch on TV. It's boring to go see in person. It's boring to play.

At least while you're watching bowling you can have fun with math by adding up the scores.

At least while you're watching golf, you can look at the pretty landscapes.

At least while you're watching tennis there's a ball bouncing around.(It's like those screensavers, that are boring and stupid but you can't stop watching.)

At while you're watching televised spelling bees, you can laugh at the silliness of it all.

At least while you're watching poker, you can pretend you know what you would do, and play along in your head.

At leasy while you're watching NASCAR...um...ok so baseball does have a rival.

Ugh, gotta be auto racing, specifically NASCAR. At least in Grand Prix racing, they turn right every once in a while and the track can be varied. NASCAR? Every track is oval, always going to the left.

I'd rather watch a cactus grow then watch 5 minutes of any NASCAR race.

Probably my top 3...

Golf

Baseball

Hockey (yes...it is boring)

I enjoy the last 5-10 laps of a NASCAR race...so I can't add it in

But what pleases me to no end is that no one has yet mentioned Timbersports....good to know that everyone else secretly enjoys them! :D

EDIT: I'll generalize...pretty much any sport that can end 1-0 or in a tie!

Probably my top 3...

Golf

Baseball

Hockey (yes...it is boring)

I enjoy the last 5-10 laps of a NASCAR race...so I can't add it in

But what pleases me to no end is that no one has yet mentioned Timbersports....good to know that everyone else secretly enjoys them! :D

Why do you find hockey boring? I understand not liking it, but to find it boring...

Why do you find hockey boring? I understand not liking it, but to find it boring...

Well...everytime I watch it, it is skate around, pass, skate around more, pass again, someone gets called for a stupid penalty, skate, pass, skate, pass, knock the **** out of someone...etc....

Just too much to watch, waiting for that one time where someone gets beat up or both teams brawl....:2cents:

(I have this argument with a co-worker at least once a year over why football is better than hockey...his arguement always comes down to the fights in hockey make it better)

Well...everytime I watch it, it is skate around, pass, skate around more, pass again, someone gets called for a stupid penalty, skate, pass, skate, pass, knock the **** out of someone...etc....

Just too much to watch, waiting for that one time where someone gets beat up or both teams brawl....:2cents:

(I have this argument with a co-worker at least once a year over why football is better than hockey...his arguement always comes down to the fights in hockey make it better)

Do you like basketball?

golf-even commentary is boring (i dont know if that is intentional)

hockey-too many penalties, lack of scoring, just boring

college basketball-0 scoring, sloppy play, not as many highlight reel plays

soccer-it sucks

poker-why is this on every afternoon?

nascar-why do you want to watch 100+ laps of the same thing?

bowling-same crap, everyone gets 1. a strike 2. a spare

Yeah...NCAA...not a big fan of the NBA anymore though...and I love to play it

Just that it seems that this:

could describe basketball. Dribble, pass, dribble, pass, weak 'touch' penalty. There aren't even good fights or checks. Plus NOTHING in sports looks as nice as a sweet play in hockey. Watch OV score a goal and i defy you to find anything else in sports closer to poetry. :)

Just that it seems that this:

could describe basketball. Dribble, pass, dribble, pass, weak 'touch' penalty. There aren't even good fights or checks. Plus NOTHING in sports looks as nice as a sweet play in hockey. Watch OV score a goal and i defy you to find anything else in sports closer to poetry. :)

I agree that a sweet goal in hockey is much cooler to watch than a sweet play in basketball. But I am mostly a fan because of the hitting. There is more and harder hitting in hockey than in NFL football. The guys arent as big, but they are moving much much faster. And ice doesnt give like grass does. And there arent any boards to get smashed into in NFL football.

If anyone watched Alex Ovechkin play in the olympics, he was ****ing killing people. I think he injured 4 guys in 4 games. All clean hits, just nasty ones. He's the man.

I agree that a sweet goal in hockey is much cooler to watch than a sweet play in basketball. But I am mostly a fan because of the hitting. There is more and harder hitting in hockey than in NFL football. The guys arent as big, but they are moving much much faster. And ice doesnt give like grass does. And there arent any boards to get smashed into in NFL football.

If anyone watched Alex Ovechkin play in the olympics, he was ****ing killing people. I think he injured 4 guys in 4 games. All clean hits, just nasty ones. He's the man.

See... Blinkin gets it! :cool: :D

:cheers:

...could describe basketball. Dribble, pass, dribble, pass, weak 'touch' penalty. There aren't even good fights or checks. Plus NOTHING in sports looks as nice as a sweet play in hockey. Watch OV score a goal and i defy you to find anything else in sports closer to poetry. :)

How did I know this was coming!

I don't know...it just seems more can happen in basketball on each "play", if you will. Chances are someone is gonna score, or get stuffed, or knock down a 3. Just seems more exciting to me. Maybe it is b/c I played basketball...or just cuz at least SOMETHING happens. Like I said, I have trouble watching a game that can end 1-0 or in a tie.....

And I beg to differ....watching a play develop in football is more poetry to me than anything! (Once again...maybe the whole playing thing!):)

Archived