Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the Most Boring Sport on TV

cuchip703

How did I know this was coming!

I don't know...it just seems more can happen in basketball on each "play", if you will. Chances are someone is gonna score, or get stuffed, or knock down a 3. Just seems more exciting to me. Maybe it is b/c I played basketball...or just cuz at least SOMETHING happens. Like I said, I have trouble watching a game that can end 1-0 or in a tie.....

And I beg to differ....watching a play develop in football is more poetry to me than anything! (Once again...maybe the whole playing thing!):)

Yeah but in hockey the goalie saves 30 shots a night and that's just the ones that hit the net. There's always action, always hitting and things can change in a flash. I can see not liking hockey but boring? There's nothing but action in hockey, it's non-stop.

Yeah but in hockey the goalie saves 30 shots a night and that's just the ones that hit the net. There's always action, always hitting and things can change in a flash. I can see not liking hockey but boring? There's nothing but action in hockey, it's non-stop.

eh....tomato...tomahto :whoknows:

I'll go against the grain and say basketball.

I really cannot stand to sit and watch basketball of any kind. Which is ironic, because that was always my sport. I can play some 'ball. :) (at least before I got overweight and out of shape :) )

But to sit and watch a game of basketball? snore. I'd rather watch bowling. Seriously.

I'm glad few ppl chose hockey. Even if you don't like or understand the sport, it is exciting. Hitting, fights, finesse on the ice.

But, my least favorite "sport" would be bowling. Talk about repetitive. Golf would be second, but it's better than bowling because at least you have some rivals, and eveyone likes to see if Tiger can come from behind for the win.

NASCAR, which is my third, is at least exciting when they crash.

NBA basketball.

Just spot both team 80 points and play the final 3 minutes.

Says the SOCCER fan. :laugh:

But seriously, this junk about college basketball being better than NBA--yes, the tournament is more EXCITING than a reg season NBA game but you're a MORON if you think the quality is superior.

Lebron James, Melo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Duncan, Kobe, Gilbert Arenas.

Those guys are so far above college it's not even funny. People confuse the significance of a one game playoff with 'quality.' They are sorely mistaken. I would point out that Melo won the NCAA title as a FRESHMAN and he isn't even the best of his draft class (Wade and James are superior.)

As for the Olympics, I'd point out that the rest of the world is getting better but if you really think a team of Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, etc won't roll up foreign competition, you're mistaken (again.) It's not about "Team" play, that wasn't the problem with the last Olympics team. It's not playing together for years like most of the internationals have done, poor POOR coaching (Brown was the worst possible coach at the worst possible time) poor rotations(coaching again) and, can I be honest? Absolutely horrenous officiating. The refs in the last Olympics were not FIBA refs. They were calling travelling on headfakes and letting the EUros get away with all kinds of travels and fouls. BIASED officiating does not = NBAers getting away all the time. Duncan was getting called for some of the worst BS I've seen, to the point where he's decided he's not even going to play in international play anymore.

Very close on the picks 703....I agree 100% of what you listed...

But I would have put golf in and ahead of NBA...

Actually...Here is my list of the best sports to watch...The rest just plain out SUCK!

1)Football...Love to play it and love to watch....It is Simply the Best sport Ever...Period..!The only bad thing that I will EVER say about Football is College couldn't hold the Jockstrap of the NFL or even Playing Football with friends as far as I'm concerned...(but I would still watch Tulane VS Mississippi Valley Tech) over Tiger trying to hit a par on hole 12 in Korea...!)That's how bad the others are...!

2)College NCAA Basketball...Like the NFL 1 game decides the World Championship in a playoff/tournament...They actually have a single Champion...And they don't split Champions either...(see usc and Lsu)Stupid!Very exciting too watch Teams created in the woods to matchup against legend schools like Duke, Kentucky or even N. Carolina...By the way...Congragulations Florida!!

3)Believe it or not...Horseracing is next...I know I would be in the minnority on this..But when you have some of your own money on the race it isn't boring...

Actually,It's quite interesting either way...The announcers are yelling and the Horses are Flying around the Track ONCE!!!!!!!Or should I say 1 mile,6 furlongs or whatever.....Relatively quick Race....It's over in 2 ...3 minutes or so..Now If the Horses were running around the Track 500 times...That just might SUCK!!!But anyhoo?I love my horseracing...The odds...The jockeys...The crazy names of the horses...Like "TAX REFUND"...It's great...

If Boxing were like the Rocky Movies, they would definately be on the list,but their NOT!

If the Poker games were like the Movie "Rounders",they would be on my list as well....!

When he played KGB)

Well...I guess that's why we watch movies during this time a year...?Because if I had to vote for either Baseball being America's Sport or the Cowboys being America's team...I would just go inlist myself in the army right now!

Says the SOCCER fan. :laugh:

But seriously, this junk about college basketball being better than NBA--yes, the tournament is more EXCITING than a reg season NBA game but you're a MORON if you think the quality is superior.

Lebron James, Melo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Duncan, Kobe, Gilbert Arenas.

Those guys are so far above college it's not even funny. People confuse the significance of a one game playoff with 'quality.' They are sorely mistaken. I would point out that Melo won the NCAA title as a FRESHMAN and he isn't even the best of his draft class (Wade and James are superior.)

As for the Olympics, I'd point out that the rest of the world is getting better but if you really think a team of Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, etc won't roll up foreign competition, you're mistaken (again.) It's not about "Team" play, that wasn't the problem with the last Olympics team. It's not playing together for years like most of the internationals have done, poor POOR coaching (Brown was the worst possible coach at the worst possible time) poor rotations(coaching again) and, can I be honest? Absolutely horrenous officiating. The refs in the last Olympics were not FIBA refs. They were calling travelling on headfakes and letting the EUros get away with all kinds of travels and fouls. BIASED officiating does not = NBAers getting away all the time. Duncan was getting called for some of the worst BS I've seen, to the point where he's decided he's not even going to play in international play anymore.

Nobody is going to argue with you that NBA players are better players than the college players, but the game isn't better. Just like you made it a point of saying, the NBA is made up of a bunch of individuals, not a team. AS for the Olympics, no you are wrong again. In my opinion you are just making an excuse for the recent losses by the NBA players. Sure some of these guys have played together, but a lot of the non-usa players are NBA players, or playing in some league in their home country. They don't play together year round. What happens though when the teams play is the European teams play more cohesively, with less of the highlight reel bs you get from the NBA players. THe quality of the NCAA game is much better in terms of what basketball is supposed to be, a team game. How else can a team of nobodies, George Mason, make the run they did this year. The athletes in the NBA are far better individual players than the NCAA players (its basically an NCAA all-star league) but the GAME as a whole is less interesting to watch on TV because it revolves around the single player, and not the whole.

Archived