Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the Most Boring Sport on TV

cuchip703

Actually, I understand the game quite well. The example I gave was an exact at bat from the night before. These kind of things happen 2 to 3 times a game over a 162 game season....and yes you are right, its only my opinion, but to me, that is boring. Just like I enjoy watching soccer, I can freely say its one boring sport to watch on TV for the average fan. I have friends who don't miss a game and have a passion for baseball but to me, it just gets a bit tedious over such a long period of time

I'll agree with you, baseball is a boring sport to watch for the average sports fan. You have to really have an interest for the game to enjoy watching it. It definitely gets slow from time to time but hard core baseball fans never seem to mind.

And the comment I made about understanding the game; there are plenty of people out there that understand the game very well and still hate it, so that wasn't directed at you.

Top 9 baseball fights, that one is number 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=baseball+fights&v=pEgzTqpDbGI

(for some reason, that clip only has the top 9 no matter where its posted)

Ya think Ventura's friends still give him a hard time about that? I know i would. Anytime he tried to act tough i'd be like "Yeah, remember that time you tried to charge that old man, and he put the biggest ass-whoopin in baseball history down on you?" :laugh:

The fact that hockey has been mentioned blows my mind. Yes its low scoring (because you only get 1 point per score) but in between you get vicious checks, fights, awesome saves, all kinds of crazy stuff going on.

If more hockey players were household names, hockey could be #2 behind football in terms of popularity among sports. But since most of the talent comes from foreign countries and you have to learn how to pronounce "Ovechkin" hockey is failing.

I agree. Hockey is definitely 2nd to football on my favorites list. I grew up playing hockey, though, so I'm biased. I don't really understand how it could be boring. It's very fast paced, lots of action and anything can happen in a split second. I don't think there's much that compares to the Stanley Cup playoffs. That's ****ing intense, it seems like every other series goes 7 games and they hate each other so much by the time they get there. Makes for some really exciting games.

I agree. Hockey is definitely 2nd to football on my favorites list. I grew up playing hockey, though, so I'm biased. I don't really understand how it could be boring. It's very fast paced, lots of action and anything can happen in a split second. I don't think there's much that compares to the Stanley Cup playoffs. That's ****ing intense, it seems like every other series goes 7 games and they hate each other so much by the time they get there. Makes for some really exciting games.

Let's not forget the fact that after those 7 game series (where rivalries are born - and you spend 7 games beating the living **** out of the other team) they have the handshake. One of the greatest traditions in sports. :cheers:

On TV I can't stand Baseball, but I like to go to games. Same goes with hockey and regular season basketball. I can get into the NBA playoffs.

I like Tennis on TV, but I don't like being at a tennis game. It sucks to have to stay quiet. Basically, I don't like attending sports where I can't get rowdy. I especially like singles tennis because it's almost like a mind game. You have no one to talk to you except yourself, I find that aspect very interesting.

I like soccer but it really depends on the quality. I can't stand watching MLS games on TV but I like to watch English premiership, especially in a pub with a bunch of supporters, they really get you into it.

The only auto racing I like to watch on TV is Rally car racing. I realize they race against the clock and there is no passing. But watching them do what they do on the roads that they do it on, effing superb. I really like the fact that each car is a team given the driver and the co-pilot. It really is a team, not just anyone can get in a read to any given driver. The pilot and co-pilot basically have to work as one and that ain't easy. I also like the pit stops. There is much more involved, sure they get a lot of time to work on the cars, but they also take apart transmissions and replace entire suspensions systems at the same time, and they still have to get the repairs in under the clock, or the team get penalized and time is added.

Let's not forget the fact that after those 7 game series (where rivalries are born - and you spend 7 games beating the living **** out of the other team) they have the handshake. One of the greatest traditions in sports. :cheers:

The ****ty part is, it's rough being a Capitals fan. They are the oldest NHL franchise to never have won a cup :doh: . If you thought the last Redskins decade was tough, you ain't seen nothin. That was easy compared to being a Caps fan. Honestly, I've been bitter because of the strike and haven't watched hockey this year as a result but I know I'll be back as soon as the playoffs start. You can't beat those rivalries. They really do beat the living **** out of each other, it's great.

The ****ty part is, it's rough being a Capitals fan. They are the oldest NHL franchise to never have won a cup :doh: . If you thought the last Redskins decade was tough, you ain't seen nothin. That was easy compared to being a Caps fan. Honestly, I've been bitter because of the strike and haven't watched hockey this year as a result but I know I'll be back as soon as the playoffs start. You can't beat those rivalries. They really do beat the living **** out of each other, it's great.

Its all turning around - thanks to one man - OV!!

There needs to be a poll, but I just don't see how anyone could put Baseball ahead of Golf as far as boring. Even if you hate the sport and it is boring as hell to you how could you even think that its more boring than golf....

And Golf is my leader.... Followed by all the non-sport sports, ie bowling, poker..... I like tennis but I would have to rank it next. Then I would say Basketball but that's just cause I hate the sport, and thus with no intrest its boring, but I would much rather watch basketball than Golf...

I don't argue that Baseball is the most exciting sport in the world, but it can be if you know the ins and outs of the game and the strategy and everything. I played baseball and was a catcher, Catchers are essentially the general on the field, they call the pitches, location, they can put on plays... That being said I have a different view of baseball than some of you.

And Golf is my leader.... Followed by all the non-sport sports, ie bowling, poker..... I like tennis but I would have to rank it next. Then I would say Basketball but that's just cause I hate the sport, and thus with no intrest its boring, but I would much rather watch basketball than Golf...

I don't argue that Baseball is the most exciting sport in the world, but it can be if you know the ins and outs of the game and the strategy and everything. I played baseball and was a catcher, Catchers are essentially the general on the field, they call the pitches, location, they can put on plays... That being said I have a different view of baseball than some of you.

I think the reasons you listed for Basketball apply to me for baseball. It's not that I don't understand it or understand how it could be interesting to people, I just don't like it. Not enough hitting for me :D

I think the reasons you listed for Basketball apply to me for baseball. It's not that I don't understand it or understand how it could be interesting to people, I just don't like it. Not enough hitting for me :D

I can understand this view... but I just can't see how anyone could list it as more boring than Golf....:doh:

I can understand this view... but I just can't see how anyone could list it as more boring than Golf....:doh:

I agree with that. As much as I dislike baseball, I'll admit I was drawn in by the Yankees- Red Sox series a couple years ago when Boone hit that HR. Good competition is still good competition. Golf is definitely more boring to watch.

Hey don't bash poker....baseball is the worst to go to and the worst to watch on tv....sure the stadiums are pretty but without alcohol the sport is more boring than a Reese Witherspoon movie or an episode of the Snorepranos of late. :)

I don't drink alcohol, and I love the sport. Don't speak in absolutes like that, just cause you don't like it doesn't mean that its the worst sport around... besides, have you ever tried to watch Golf.... just try to tell me how watching Poker is more exciting that watching Baseball....

I lived overseas and found cricket boring as h-e **.Plus it was spread out over week in some instances which is surreal to me.

Others:

1. "World's Strongest Man

2. UFC (sorry its WWE for the karate generation)

3. WNBA

4. swimming/diving

5. curling

Archived