Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is the first Cowboys game in Dallas?

grampi

I already explained. If the Skins have HFA in the first game, that gives them the best chance to win that game, meaning worst case scenario is a split by losing the second game in Dallas. By Dallas having HFA in the first game, the Skins could easily end up dropping the first game, then be under massive pressure to win the second game in order to make the post season. The Skins have been in that situation many, many times before and we've all seen what they do the vast majority of the time when they've been in a must win situation......they usually lose. They'd be much better off playing the first Crackboys game in Washington.

Uh, for the 10 straight years we LOST in Dallas........we played them IN Dallas late in the year.

LAST year.......we played the 2nd week in Septemeber and WON. AGAIN, THIS YEAR, we play the 2nd week in September.

Your logic does not fly with those statistics.

Oh, and those of us who do not agree with you.............you think that makes us LESS of a fan? Oh, please.

Blondie

Last year was a dream come true, but can we really expect the same thing to happen again this year given the Skins horrible history with Dallas?

Of course we can. Why? Take into account the circumstances we were faced with last season - going into Dallas on a Monday nighter where Troy, Emmitt, and Michael were being inducted into the Ring of Fame. On top of that, we were carrying the "you can't win in Dallas" weight on our shoulders. After having winning that, I'd say that at this point anything is possible. Nobody in their right minds outside of the Redskins faithful thought that we'd be able to steal the show on such a historic night in Cowboys' football.

And by the way, Grampi, sorry if my first post came across as being harsh/rude. As a long-time member of this site, I personally take pride in this place and try to stear clear of causing uprisings and disrespecting others. Looking back, maybe I came across a little too negative.

Maybe what I should have said is that it really doesn't make a difference in my mind - they get a home game, we get one, and it's all good by my standards.

Of course we can. Why? Take into account the circumstances we were faced with last season - going into Dallas on a Monday nighter where Troy, Emmitt, and Michael were being inducted into the Ring of Fame. On top of that, we were carrying the "you can't win in Dallas" weight on our shoulders. After having winning that, I'd say that at this point anything is possible. Nobody in their right minds outside of the Redskins faithful thought that we'd be able to steal the show on such a historic night in Cowboys' football.

And by the way, Grampi, sorry if my first post came across as being harsh/rude. As a long-time member of this site, I personally take pride in this place and try to stear clear of causing uprisings and disrespecting others. Looking back, maybe I came across a little too negative.

Maybe what I should have said is that it really doesn't make a difference in my mind - they get a home game, we get one, and it's all good by my standards.

I don't think you'll win in Dallas this time. We'll be ready for it, our only problem was FS, which will get addressed. We'll split 1-1 this next year. You'll win the division, but we'll beat ya in the playoffs :laugh:

does it really matter? no

the ratings were the best MNF has seen in years during that game, so of course they'll do it again

plus it brings up the revenge factor for Dallas, a good storyline to promote

I'd rather play all our NFC East games at home second half of the season anyways

I just don't see how this is a problem. Momentum to me isn't built on who plays in who's house first. It's as things go during the season. Certainly during "the streak", it didn't matter. And gee. I still consider myself a fan.

i'd definitely rather play them at home first. first off, they gave us the opening game of the season at home, so that's a big thing in itself. so i'm not surprised our next game is away. it's gonna suck cause we'l have a short week to rest before the game, so i wouldn't be surprised if we lose. but let's look at what dallas has to deal with. a week 3 bye, and then a game at carolina the week before they come to fedex to play us. so they won't be rested up that much and we'll get a chance to destroy their confidence for the rest of the season. the end of the season gets so much more heated.

So none of you care about the Skins having the best chance to sweep the Crackboys? And you call yourselves Redskins fans! Shame on you!

Well, here's the record for the last 15 years:

[games started at RFK-FedEx]

1994,98,99,2004 - L L

1990,93,97 - split

1995 - W W

So far, you have 1 year to back up your claim.

Shame on you, for shaming on us

;)

Note the difference in how Canadian Hog expresses his negative reaction to the thread without crossing the line.

Take a couple days on read-only to consider being a little more polite.

Its not like the guy said something horrendous thing.

The dude does indicates he already knows the information you're tossing out here CH, he's just thinking (for some reason) that's its weird to give them the home game first two years in a row, which it's not.

Thank you Jumbo, now that is the way to do it.

The Skins have been in that situation many, many times before and we've all seen what they do the vast majority of the time when they've been in a must win situation......they usually lose. They'd be much better off playing the first Crackboys game in Washington.

Uh are you forgeting the last part of last season when we were in a must win situation and had to win all our games? Usually lose doesn't belong with this brand of Gibbs football.

']You played the Giants in Giants stadium first last year and are doing so again this year. Are you upset about that? Well' date=' you should be!!!! :D

And for that matter, you play Philly in Philly the first time too.[/quote']

I think our second game showed what we can do. Don't look for a blowout this time Tom :cheers:

Not really. If you think about it, the team that gets the first home game has the best chance of sweeping the other team. Having the HFA edge in games as close as these two teams usually play in is a HUGE advantage. It just makes sense to me that if the first game was played in Dallas last year (which it was), then the fair way to schedule it would be to schedule the first game in Washington this year. Apparently you guys aren't interested in fairness.

I wanted the primetime game home but i would rather play Dallas there first again, we swept them last year and can sweep them this year. Plus I would rather have them and NY here later in the season to battle for the East Title.

I prefer to have all our rivalry games in November and December so that I can actually go to them. I went to four games last season but two of those were down here in Tampa because I wasnt off school. One of the December games doesnt fall on Christmas again does it? I would have gone to five games if we hadn't played the giants on a holiday.

I agree with Jumbo. Having the Division Games played at home at the end of the season is a very good thing for any team. Look at what happened for the skins in 2005. They had 2 of their division games at home against TOUGH teams (Dallas & NY) when it was absolutely crucial that we win to make it to the playoffs. The Eagles game was easy on the road to end our season. I like the way things are for the Skins in the 2006 schedule. I also like that they're going up against Dallas that soon. I feel good about the Vikings game favoring the Skins with a win. And I think Dalls will lose to the Jaguars in their first game.

This is why playing Dallas at home in week 2 could be good for the Skins. We'll be coming off a win and Dallas will be coming off a lose. Anyway, that's just my 2 pennies...

As for the Eagles... they got it bad this year. 3 division road games.. AT THE END OF THE YEAR. Now that's something to be pissed about.

I see I'm way outnumbered here. I know when to quit. I conceed defeat.

but thanks for bringing it up.;)

It definitely allowed people to see that our season is designed just right for a successful run at the playoffs again.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I feel like the NFL powers-that-be are trying to set the Redskins up. Giving them the short week, and sending them to Dallas to play the Pukes early on. I hope we go in there, T.O. gets the crap knocked out of him early and we rout them. Just to infuriate the Redskins haters.

Archived