Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is the first Cowboys game in Dallas?

grampi

As a couple people posted (Blondie and someone else), the statistics do not back up your claim.

I personally love the idea of the Cowboys coming to FedEx for the second game.

When we win the first game, it will make the emotion surrounding the second game all that much fan-ticipatory... with the hope/chance of a two-year sweep.

If (and only if) we lose.. will make the second game even more fan-ticipatory because of the revenge factor.

Either way, I feel it's a win-win for us.

Shaming us as fans because we disagree with your opinion is a tad immature, however. You're entitled to your opinion, as we are ours. But it makes none of us any less of a fan.

Wasn't our first game against them last season in Dallas? Shouldn't that mean our first game with them this season be at home for the 'Skins? What kind of scheduling garbage is this?
100% computer generated my friend, no one can really say anything about the actual schdule dates persay, it all comes down to chance, now oponents themselves, thats a diffrent selection process of its own.

oh yeah i forgot im in the Stadium, so i guess i automatically need to be an ass, so heres my rude comment: "**** to all, and to all a good night!"

I love having the home game in November. I do wish we weren't getting them on the short week after a Monday-nighter, but other than that, I prefer doing them at home early. We'll be all fired up and pumped, they'll be anxious, the dieas of three in a row being so unpalatable.

We've already beat them 3x in a row. Week 2 will be the 4th time :D

I already explained. If the Skins have HFA in the first game, that gives them the best chance to win that game, meaning worst case scenario is a split by losing the second game in Dallas. By Dallas having HFA in the first game, the Skins could easily end up dropping the first game, then be under massive pressure to win the second game in order to make the post season. The Skins have been in that situation many, many times before and we've all seen what they do the vast majority of the time when they've been in a must win situation......they usually lose. They'd be much better off playing the first Crackboys game in Washington.

History would be against you. Of the three sweeps that Gibbs has of the 'girls, twice the first game was in Dallas. He has been swept by the 'girls twice and once the first game was in DC. Since I've been a 'Skins fan, being at home for the first game against Dallas was not significant factor in getting a sweep nor being swept. BTW, the difference between good teams and also rans, is the ability to win the must win games.

Wasn't our first game against them last season in Dallas? Shouldn't that mean our first game with them this season be at home for the 'Skins? What kind of scheduling garbage is this?

Doesn't really matter where we play the Cowpies.....they're in for one hell of a beating. Then they come to Fed Ex in November and get buried in their own stench.

Hail!:point2sky

this is the best scheduling for the Skins.

we get the chance to steal a game in Dallas early while having the game for the marbles here in DC in cold weather at the end of the season.

it's what Joe Gibbs lobbied for in years past when Dallas always opened here and got the second game at Texas Stadium at Thanksgiving or later in the season.

Grampi, your reasoning behind this is that the Skins in the past have lost these must-win games so you don't want to be in that situation again... lets look at history...

2005 Season: Redskins 5 - 6 and have 5 'must-win' games in a row to make the playoffs, 3 away and 3 in the division... we won them all.

Your reasoning is flawed. We had Dallas at Dallas first last year, we made the playoffs... what's the problem?

Look, it's simple. It's more fun to beat them in their home. And now that TO is there and all the comotion will be going on, it's better that way.

Archived