Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is the first Cowboys game in Dallas?

grampi

stop complaining.. its not like we have to go to dallas twice.. they gotta come to our house in november.. THe NFL gave us a night game on sunday night after a MNF at home. They could have given as a west coast game in san fran or oakland(for example) on sunday.. I rather play them there first. ITs TO's first home game against their arch rival.

News flash....

You play your division teams twice a year. Once at home, once on the road.

Now if both games for some strange reason were scheduled in Dallas, I'd agree with your "scheduling garbage" comment.

All in all, this thread is pointless.

Not really. If you think about it, the team that gets the first home game has the best chance of sweeping the other team. Having the HFA edge in games as close as these two teams usually play in is a HUGE advantage. It just makes sense to me that if the first game was played in Dallas last year (which it was), then the fair way to schedule it would be to schedule the first game in Washington this year. Apparently you guys aren't interested in fairness.

why do they ask for your phone number at radio shack when your just buying batteries? I dont know, say answer to your dumb ass question.

Note the difference in how Canadian Hog expresses his negative reaction to the thread without crossing the line.

Take a couple days on read-only to consider being a little more polite.

Its not like the guy said something horrendous thing.

News flash....

You play your division teams twice a year. Once at home, once on the road.

Now if both games for some strange reason were scheduled in Dallas, I'd agree with your "scheduling garbage" comment.

All in all, this thread is pointless.

The dude does indicates he already knows the information you're tossing out here CH, he's just thinking (for some reason) that's its weird to give them the home game first two years in a row, which it's not.

C'mon, how 'bout a round for Jumbo? :applause:

Is he doing a great job or what? Not only standing tall in the middle of an amok, but doing it with style!

I look forward to some increased civility this year, even if it means I get slapped down a time or two.

So none of you care about the Skins having the best chance to sweep the Crackboys? And you call yourselves Redskins fans! Shame on you!

Explain why you think it works against the 'skins. make your points. Try to put some meat on this skeleton besides "shame on you."

I love having the home game in November. I do wish we weren't getting them on the short week after a Monday-nighter, but other than that, I prefer doing them at home early. We'll be all fired up and pumped, they'll be anxious, the dieas of three in a row being so unpalatable.

dude, your arguement is weak.. u dont get an advantage or sweeping them if u play them at your house first.... by your reasoning, the eagles should go 6-0 in the division because they play the entire nfc east at home before their 3 road division games.... Did u forget we sweeped them last year.

Dallas should be ****ing about this... Not us!!! We get Dallas at our house late in the year when the game (possibly) will be for all the marbles!!!

Hail Yes!!!

Keep it this way forever!!!

Well, Dallas can't be too unhappy. We have to play a MNF game, then fly all the way to the arm pit of the country, Dallas, to play our arch rivals the following Sunday. Dallas has a tremendous advantage in this first game.

But still, I think you're right, we got lucky. I'd rather play them at home the second time. And all our NFC opponents have to play us at FedExField the second time. Eagles and Giants have to play us in December at FedExfield, and we all know what Gibb's December record looks like.

dude, your arguement is weak.. u dont get an advantage or sweeping them if u play them at your house first.... by your reasoning, the eagles should go 6-0 in the division because they play the entire nfc east at home before their 3 road division games.... Did u forget we sweeped them last year.

I already explained. If the Skins have HFA in the first game, that gives them the best chance to win that game, meaning worst case scenario is a split by losing the second game in Dallas. By Dallas having HFA in the first game, the Skins could easily end up dropping the first game, then be under massive pressure to win the second game in order to make the post season. The Skins have been in that situation many, many times before and we've all seen what they do the vast majority of the time when they've been in a must win situation......they usually lose. They'd be much better off playing the first Crackboys game in Washington.

ur arguement assumes that u win every division home game, which is not the case... Its better to steal the away game first because u have the opportunity to play them back at home. Anytime a team loses a division home game, they will play the next game with extra effort.

ok... so the eagles play every division game at the Linc, this upcoming season.. then in Dec, they have to play 3 STRAIGHT ROAD DIVISION GAMES. i like the setup where teams have to come to our house in the late season when we will be clicking on all cyclinders.. the boys-skins game is very early and it will be very much easier to steal a division road game in the early part of the season

My argument is that the Skins have the best chance of winning divisional games at home, not that the home team WILL absolutely win, as we all know that's not the case.

no **** sherlock, every team in the nfl has a better chance at winning home games.

Look at it this way... we shocked them at home last year, then destroyed them in the home game... does it really get any better then that?

Have faith, the Skins can handle it. :D

Last year was a dream come true, but can we really expect the same thing to happen again this year given the Skins horrible history with Dallas?

Last year was a dream come true, but can we really expect the same thing to happen again this year given the Skins horrible history with Dallas?

You can't count on anything in this league, but part of being a fan is having faith in your team.

I think they can do it again, do you?

Archived