Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hines Ward or S. Moss

Skin Steelers Fan

I say this with complete seriousness, and with my Redskins goggles off- Santana Moss is the best receiver in the league.

Steve Smith is great, but I think Moss is better. Chad Johnson is good, but not good enough to compare with Smith and Moss. Ward is good for touchdowns, but he doesn't get many yards. Randy Moss is no longer relevant.

In case someone wants to make an argument for T.O., you can't compare Brunell to McNabb. Plus, part of being the best is being a team player. Santana wins that one, hands down.

Clint

I say this with complete seriousness, and with my Redskins goggles off- Santana Moss is the best receiver in the league.

Steve Smith is great, but I think Moss is better. Chad Johnson is good, but not good enough to compare with Smith and Moss. Ward is good for touchdowns, but he doesn't get many yards. Randy Moss is no longer relevant.

In case someone wants to make an argument for T.O., you can't compare Brunell to McNabb. Plus, part of being the best is being a team player. Santana wins that one, hands down.

Clint[/QUOT

The choice was between Hines Ward and Santana Moss. Moss wins easily. But to say he is the best in the game, and not even mention the likes of Marvin Harrison, Bolden, Fitzgerald, and Holt? Are you sure the redskins goggles are off?

this goes down in extremskins.com history of one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen, as well as the thread starter being a complete moron.

Nah, you've never met or read Hebrewskinz threads then huh?

Ok, how about I bring the opinion of a Steelers fan who doesn't think he could cover Santana Moss...

I'm a huge homer, but I'd take Hines Ward. I think I, and a lot of Steelers fans, just subscribe to a different view on how to win the game. If you look back to the Steelers offenses the last few years, we were one of the few offenses where the possession wide reciever was the #1 WR, and the deep threat was the #2. And Plaxico Burress was no chump.

My point being the Steelers make Hines Ward their feature WR because he's a very good wide reciever, but more so because he has a better work ethic than possibly any other player in the NFL. As people have already said, he always takes the big hit, always makes the big block, always goes down the middle, and does it with a smile on his face. I think the attitude he brings and his presence in the locker room is extremely underrated. Having a player like Hines Ward really helps keep egos in check and helps to nurture the team first attitude that is drastically important. A player like Moss might make the passing game immediately better, but a player likes Hines Ward makes the whole offense, and even the entire team, better.

But hey, this coming from the guy who would marry Hines Ward given the opportunity. So understand I'm a little bit biased.

(But if I needed someone to go out for one deep pass to win the game, I'd take Moss.)

my 300 lb friend (who plays line in high school) says He would rather match up against Moss because He feels all he has to do is hit him once which would knock the reciever down (within 5 yards) and the play would beover unlike ward who would not fall over and would probably get open.

Well, yeah I can see why your friend would say that. In his case if either of them got past him in the first 5 yards its all over.

The pick here depends on the QB.

Brunell would need Santana.

Whereas Roethlisberger would be successful with either...

So really you would need to know the QB first and then you can pick players around him that will match up with his abilities. And because of that it's hard to pick one or the other. If it's Big Ben at QB I would stick with Ward because of his overall game. But if I have an inconsistent QB I would want Santana because he can do so much in the passing game...

my 300 lb friend (who plays line in high school) says He would rather match up against Moss because He feels all he has to do is hit him once which would knock the reciever down (within 5 yards) and the play would beover unlike ward who would not fall over and would probably get open.

Too bad 300 pound DB's dont exist, as if a 300 pounder could get his hands on Moss before he got away anyway. If it was that easy then they would put Sumo wrestlers at CB and the really fast guys at safety just incase.

wow, that's brilliant. somebody should tell GW that we don't need corners! just get a bunch of fatasses to sit on the receivers as soon as they cross the line.

oh wait... then they go in motion...

I think I can keep up with moss I mean how tough would it be

1. First off I am fast

2. I am taller then moss (6' 4")

3. I have more muscle then moss

4. I can jump a decent height.

SIGN 'IM UP DANNY!!!!!! Sounds like another wonderboy who's better than the guys on the field.......:notworthy :steelersu :troll:

Santana is fatser, more agile and quicker than Hines Ward, Ward has the better QB to throw it to him but if Santana had a better QB then his stats would have been much better. If we are goin on Stats then i still Take Santana and if we are judging by skill it take..... SANTANA ;) :notworthy

Before I answer, my big homer moment is this: some of you that are picking Hines Ward are treating Moss like he is delicate and a bad blocker... of which he was neither last year. He threw some beautiful blocks last year, and his elusiveness and speed made up for his size.

That being said...

I think for the 'Skins, Moss is better, and for the Steelers, Ward is better. It's a matter of style and what you need in your system, and I think in this case it is just as it should be. Overall, they are both fantastic wide-outs and I'm just happy with things the way they are.

I like Santana Moss but I just hope that this is no mirage. He has only been this good for 1 year. I hope all the fans realize this.

I don't think it's a mirage at all. If it was only one good game, I probably would agree. But he stood up for the entire season, he's in his prime now.

Just gotta keep gettin the man the ball, after that, he'll do the rest. :point2sky

Skin steelersfan Let me give you this point of view. We KNOW what Moss has done here. With that knowledge in hand heres a good theorem. A Moss in the hand is worth 2 Wards in the Bush. You don't stand a chance in hell of dissproving that one I garrauntee you. You can take that to the bank. Moss works here , NO DOUBT.

Archived