Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Lavar Failed Physical

Slacky McSlackAss

Im hearing from a few of my friends in Jacksonville that there reporting on the radio that lavar failed his physical with the jags. apparently they were willing to throw money his way until he failed the physical. Remember, this is just a rumor im hearing. no link yet.

he was fat and out of shape this past year... he could not be that dumb, could he?

Wow...I actually feel bad for Lavar. I guess the knee injury was a little more severe than we thought. :whoknows:

it is hard to figure why things went down hill so quickly. this is not a usual progression for the type of knee injury and surgery he had... something is not making sense...

if he cannot play, the lawsuits are going to be over the top

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was ever 100% last season. He got better as the year went on, but then he injured his thigh in the St. Louis game, and kinda looked slow from that point on. :whoknows: He had the big game in the Tampa playoffs, but then kind of disappeared in the Seattle game.

he had a spare tire around his midsection. he was seriously out of shape last year...

It's not exacly a big surprise. Lavar was never his old self last season. The explosion just wasn't there.

Lavar is the exact opposite of Antonio Pierce and Lemar Marshall. Those guys have limited talent but tremendous intelligence and discipline to always be in the right place. They don't need to perform miracles every play just to do their jobs.

Lavar does. He uses his extraordinary gifts both for his exquisite freelances and to make up for his mental errors. But his leg injuries have robbed him of that and he doesn't have the technique to play effectively with what he has left. Give Gregg Williams some credit. He didn't bench Arrington just because he was undisciplined. He benched Arrington because the combination of his injuries and lack of technique truly made him not good enough.

I just hope that with additional time he can truly heal up and become his old self. Whatever the Jags did or didn't discover, he still has a ways to go. It's quite possible that "failed" actually means he can play but not up to the level of the money being discussed. Not being his old self need not end his career even if it's permanent. But egos and expectations may need an adjustment period first. Lots of injured former stars go on to have long careers of being good enough to hold a job.

You know, anyone you talk to who has experienced a serious knee injury, they'll tell you, its never the same. Youre always afraid to tweak it. You dont put the same pressure on it. Youre afraid to make quick sudden movements because it just doesnt feel the same...you always have that worry in the back of your mind that its going to snap. Lavar post-injury is a prime example of this.

Weren't they reporting his knee was bone against bone just a year ago? Even if this report isn't true, I would be hesistant to give Lavar big money for a lot of reasons. For one thing, he's played about two whole games in two years.

And for Godsakes, why hasn't he fired the Postons?

A few brief excerpts from a drama queen's life:

December - 2004, I'd like to thank the coaches for allowing me to take my time rehabbing. I think it will help in the long run.

April - 2005, The coaches forced me back too soon and I reinjured myself! It's all their fault!

April - 2006, Dale Lindsey sabotaged my last surgery! My career will never be the same.

A few brief excerpts from a drama queen's life:

December - 2004, I'd like to thank the coaches for allowing me to take my time rehabbing. I think it will help in the long run.

April - 2005, The coaches forced me back too soon and I reinjured myself! It's all their fault!

April - 2006, Dale Lindsey sabotaged my last surgery! My career will never be the same.

Whose comments are you going to exagerate next?

Marcus Washington has been the team's most important LB since he signed in 2004. He combines talent with intelligence and the ambition to be successful.

Arrington wants to be great but he never seems willing to put in the time or tame the beast within to actually allow things to come to him.

I think he is a case of a guy that just got too much publicity too early and that made him think he had arrived and didn't have to improve himself.

Now at 28 and no longer a young player, he is going to have to take stock of himself and re-invent himself with another team. He is going to have to work harder. He is going to have to be more willing to be a student of the game.

A couple of years ago he used his offseason time to follow Serena Williams around to tennis tournaments while other linebackers like Ray Lewis and Marcus Washington were working out and finding ways to improve themselves.

He will NOT be unemployed.

Someone will sign him to a cap-friendly contract physical or no physical.

I'm not a Lavar apologist either...I just don't see a player with his upside not being on a roster this coming season.

Hey smart guy, you must be able to pass a physical to play in the NFL. No one will sign him if he cannot pass a physical its a liability that could cause a team to be sued.

I guess he could be signed, only as a non player with the hope that he could pass a physical in the future.

Archived